Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Wow ash that's amazing hopefully you will stay comfortable as you possibly can until the end of your pregnancy it is good to keep those little ones in as long as possible! DS came out 4 days late and that was with me being induced long process but it was better to keep him in as long as possible

almost - yes as long as possible I want them to stay in! I have a gut feeling or mommy's intuition that they're going to stay put until 37w3d but they run the show now. Whenever they say it's time, it's time and my DH and I just have to go with it. Makes me nervous as ever but the hospital I'm giving birth at has a level 3 NICU so if they were to come too early they would have the best chance of survival. But ... I'm not gonna even think about that! :D They're going to stay in and have to be taken out! Plus my cervix was nice and long at my last appointment and as of today I have no signs of preterm labor.

almost yep too true, but I'm sure DH and I will find some things that are good. If nothing else, I can buy a bit in blue (especially light blue) as I don't see anything wrong with a girl (if baby turns out to be a girl that is!) wearing blue:winkwink: I wouldn't put a boy in pink or even purple though (that's for him to decide when he's older:winkwink:) so will have to avoid pink for now:haha:

Thanks ash and glad that everything is well with your twins! I have heard that twins do generally come earlier than singletons but hope they stay put for as long as possible. Here's hoping your babies won't need to go to the NICU but it's always reassuring to know there is a good one if the need should arise.

AFM heard back from my "friend" today. She's now saying she finishes her courses Thursday and we can meet up any day after that. Her only other question? Are we (DH and I) going to Copenhell (a Danish heavy metal festival in Copenhagen) this year:wacko::nope: Like seriously, no asking how I'm doing or the baby or anything? Plus what a question! We now live 45 minutes by car from Copenhagen and would either have to drive back and forth (which would be insane!) or sleep on the camping grounds (like I'm going to do that at 24-25 weeks pregnant:wacko:) in a little tent plus find a cat sitter for those 3 days. She doesn't even like that type of music and never goes so extra weird question.

Ugh I'm so nervous ds had a annual lead test for his 3 yr check up on Tuesday and his results came back showing high levels of lead. They did the finger prick and so we went back in today for a second test to make sure there was no cross contamination ds was so brave getting blood drawn from his arm I'm going to have a horrid weekend as I won't get results back until Monday or Tuesday since it's the weekend but glad we got them redone so fast at least

Hey ladies, this week I'm tapering down on my pio. I was curious if I could expect to lose some of this bloat when I go totally off of it. I sure hope so!

froggy I wasn't on pio so I have no idea:shrug: I was only on Crinone gel for 15 days starting from ET and on (as my hormones were normal and they saw no reason for me to keep taking it). Hope someone else knows.

almost a girl!!!!! Oh I'm so freaking happy for u. You really deserved to have a girl after everything.. Your family will be complete. And by memory you'll have to tidy up the spare room for it lol.

Kat - glad to hear you're doing well. Your friend sounds really insensitive. Hopefully you'll meet some nice loggers for the new stage in your life - your friend doesn't really have any idea what you're going through with pregnancy does she?!!

Ash - I hope your little twins stay put!

Froggy - I had two months off with injections before I did a transfer. I was still bloated. It didn't really go away but eventually turned into a baby bump.

Starting to feel some nice movements.. We have a cuddle and face into each other and have our bellies touching and he feels them all. It's nice!
We have our mid wife appointment tmw! Hopefully everything is just going well like last time. I'm dreading the gestational diabetes test because of the yucky sugar syrup u do.. Why can't they just give you like a huge block of chocolate - spent so much time avoiding sugar it's silly to just drink a crappy sugar drink!

My little sister had her baby!! Visited her yesterday. Labour went for a while, she was only 1cm dilated the Ob said u need to have the epi.. Then the baby didn't like the pain medication and was getting distressed. So emergency c.. I had a dream I had to have a c and they couldn't tell me why I needed it! If it happens it happens but hoping to avoid it. Got to read that birthing/calm birth books soon!

Kat - glad to hear you're doing well. Your friend sounds really insensitive. Hopefully you'll meet some nice loggers for the new stage in your life - your friend doesn't really have any idea what you're going through with pregnancy does she?!!

Yeah she kinda is:nope: She did end up coming that Sunday and didn't really ask anything except how much the stroller and car seat costed, generally how much baby stuff costs and the like. Plus what happens at the 2 scans you get here and when you go to the midwife. She even got into what vitamins to take for TTCing and why and she's not going to TTC for at least 2-3 years:dohh: I think the most personal question was if she could see all my maternity clothes:wacko: DH and I didn't buy much of it so told her there wasn't much to show. Not much interest when we told her about the results of those scans or anything that was about our baby. It was like she was doing research for when she starts TTCing and has a baby.

I don't think she thinks that there's anything to pregnancy, she seems to have a very "rainbow and unicorns" idea of it IYKWIM. I don't think she understands what having a child entails. I know this sounds horrible but I'm hoping she can't have kids, she's too self-absorbed and childish for kids (she's mentally a very naive and immature 16 year old) and I think she'd also involve them in all her emotional problems already from a really young age.

Glad your pregnancy is going well:flower: And wow so exciting about your sister although it's too bad she needed a C-section. I feel you on wanting to avoid that situation, I'll be finding out at my 32 week scan if my placenta has moved up which would mean I don't need one, at least not a planned one. Will you be starting a childbirth class? I go to my first one with DH on the 12th (there are 3 courses in all).

Miranda congrats on being an aunt glad your sister is doing okay and baby too after the bit of drama there! It can be so scarey!

I also want room avoid a c section if possible.

You have a great memory yes dh moved the office to the basement it still has ds playroom things we will leave but we want to do major floor washing while most furniture is gone. We have to order a bed set for ds we already have his bedding. So much work baby girls room is going to get painted once dh removes the wallpaper small room so hopefully will be done in 2 days

Miranda the drink I had for glucose wasn't bad at all with ds maybe it won't be as bad as you think? Glad you and your oh are feeling movements so exciting!

Kat sorry your friends being immature and a pain no fun. Hope you and baby are doing well!

Kat sorry your friends being immature and a pain no fun. Hope you and baby are doing well!

Thanks almost:flower: I think DH and I just need to cut down drastically on how much we see her. I normally don't support abandoning childless friends because I know how that hurts having tried it but in this case, I think we need to semi-abandon her. She's really only about herself, I think it's because she was abandoned by her biological parents at age 3 plus was overprotected by her (hippie) adoptive parents which has left her an emotional mess and emotionally stuck at a much younger age:nope: I wonder how long her boyfriend is going to last and if he leaves her at one point, she's going to go into an emotional tailspin and go crazy like she did when her last boyfriend dumped her (although he was no loss as he was both physically and emotionally abusive:wacko:):nope: I can just imagine her calling us in that case and wanting to live in our house for a while which I just wouldn't be able to take, especially if it's after baby is born:wacko:

Anyway I think baby is doing well although there are still some days where there is a bit more movement than others. Baby is consistently moving a lot in the mornings though. Don't have much discomfort other than some RLP and belly button pain the last 2-3 days (thinking it's just a matter of time before it pops). Will be going to my 1st course in childbirth class on the 12th so looking forward to how that's gonna be. First lesson is called "Parenthood" so sounds like we'll just be talking about how we feel about it and what our thoughts are.

Ah Kat - it's a total pain when people quiz you just for their sake and not because they care. U can pick it a mile off. Some people are super self centred. And you're right they shouldn't have kids or if they do its a bloody shock to their system!

We're doing the two day parenting classes at the hospital - pain management during birth, SIDS etc. I was just googling last night and there are some slightly better 2 day ones that tell u about calm birthing and more practical parenting tips. Oh well we're already paid! Lots of friends did the calm birth course - it's so expensive here and they've given me the book which I need to read - and the audio meditation tracks. There is a X 5 Saturday nights (yuck) on hypnobirthing (run by a mid wife).. Too be honest we'll be so busy and even though I've heard it's helpful.. It seems like such a waste of time when you should be enjoying your time together as a couple (not that we're out raging lol)..
I think I'll just google some stuff on you tube about it.

A friend has said some Birth skills book is good - practical tips on how to manage - more so u know what your body is doing. I might flick through that. But ahhhhh it's all a bit over whelming! I think I'm going to just do a bit of meditation and keep calm - I'm a pretty relaxed person... I'm more concerned with after its born.. So want to try and read one or 2 books someone said is good on sleeping - save our sleep I think it's called..

To be honest I got a bit over whelmed with how much we need to do before it comes!!!! Still trying to find a decent place to move into - I said to my husband I'm going to be too big to help with the move soon. He said oh it's ok I'll do it all and we'll get removalists. Doesn't always work like that. I said if we haven't found a place by mid August (latest) we'll just stay put where we are - and have the bassinet in our room anyway and re-configure. And then move later. I love the area we're in - lots of families/prams/ and it is a short walk to my sister. Tiny 2 bedroom apartment though.. No built in wardrobes so two are in the spare room. Husband works from home in the 2nd room but he can always get an office somewhere!

So I hear u Almost with so much to do!!!!! And you've done childbirth - people do all these calm birth courses - and it might help - but there's always some cases when the plan goes out the window!!

Anyway, got to make a few lists this weekend of stuff to do/ stuff else to buy - and then start chipping away at it.

miranda, yes too true! It really annoyed me when she started that line of questioning, especially as she's asked about some of it before (the TTC stuff). But she's always been a bit self-absorbed. I still remember New Years 2013/2014 when I mentioned that I was a bit sad that DH and I hadn't managed to get pregnant yet. She then started about how "Oh at least you have a husband and you will have kids, I'll probably never get a husband or have kids!" in this really annoying, pathetic voice. She just has to be the victim and center of attention:wacko: Can you imagine this "woman" having kids??!! To make things worse, she used to talk about how she was looking forward to being an "aunt" for our child, she's not talking anyway that more. Anyway, I'm going to cut down on seeing her, we just seem to be growing further and further apart as the years go by.

Wow so your course isn't any longer than mine since mine is only 3 days (1 course each month). Too bad the other course is so expensive, we're lucky in that our course is for free (which it should be considering how much DH is paying in taxes both from his paycheck, about 45%, and each time we buy goods and groceries, about 25%). The books sound interesting and like they may be worth a read. I'd be potentially interested in the sleeping one if you can remember the name and author:winkwink:

As to moving I'd also say if you can't find anything by August it may be worth it to drop it. I found our move in April slightly stressful but we also did it all ourselves (with help from his family during the actual move). I couldn't imagine having to do it so shortly before the EDD:wacko: Hear you on the space issues but as long as baby is so young, you should be able to handle it for a while. But it can't hurt to continue looking at new places to live as it can take a while to find the right one.

Yep Kat you're right I said to my husband that exact same thing. If we haven't found anything in August we're staying put. The flat will work - the baby can sleep in our room (as it will anyway).. My husband (who's currently working from home at the moment, can get a desk somewhere close by and we can re- jig things. I really like where we live now, there's heaps of good Cafes that are so close, and heaps of young mothers.. And my sister is a 10 min walk. And she'll have a 3 month overlap with me before she goes back to work. And we save more on rent if we stay put for another 6 months.

My husband's best friend (who lives in England) is out with his family for the first 3 weeks of August.. So you can imagine we won't be doing a whole lot.. But I still will!

I'll get that sleep book name for u.

I'm the same as u - some days get more movements than others.. I notice it when I stop doing things and sit down!

I'm always flabbergasted at ho much you Danes pay in taxes!!

Yep Kat you're right I said to my husband that exact same thing. If we haven't found anything in August we're staying put. The flat will work - the baby can sleep in our room (as it will anyway).. My husband (who's currently working from home at the moment, can get a desk somewhere close by and we can re- jig things. I really like where we live now, there's heaps of good Cafes that are so close, and heaps of young mothers.. And my sister is a 10 min walk. And she'll have a 3 month overlap with me before she goes back to work. And we save more on rent if we stay put for another 6 months.

My husband's best friend (who lives in England) is out with his family for the first 3 weeks of August.. So you can imagine we won't be doing a whole lot.. But I still will!

I'll get that sleep book name for u.

I'm the same as u - some days get more movements than others.. I notice it when I stop doing things and sit down!

I'm always flabbergasted at ho much you Danes pay in taxes!!

Yep sounds like if you don't find something then you're pretty well set where you are. Don't think I'd be in any huge rush in that case.

As to taxes yep it's crazy:wacko: But there are some benefits we have here like free health care. We also got our money's worth as we needed assisted conception to get pregnant and here if you're TTC #1 and have been trying naturally for 1 year or more, you get 6 free IUIs and 3 free IVFs. You do pay for meds yourself but the state starts helping you with that expense after a certain limit which we did hit when we started IVF #2.

Concerning being tested for GD (gestational diabetes), it seems in Denmark they call you in for a 2-3 hour test if you're either A) in any risk group (e.g. had GD before or a history of type 1 diabetes in your family) or B) you test for high glucose in your urine during one of your regular tests at the midwife. It seems they don't want to test everyone as they claim only 2-3% of pregnant women develop GD. Last time I did the urine test at my last midwife appointment, I was normal for glucose (and protein which the strip also tests for) so guess I'm in no danger yet. And I think the only member of my family that got diabetes (type 2 so of no interest anyway) was my uncle but he was my uncle by marriage. Going in tomorrow for my 1st course at the childbirth class which is at the midwife offices so may go in the bathroom at one point and test again for peace of mind though.

Going to be alone tonight as DH is going in to Copenhagen for a concert. Don't want to go to any heavy metal concerts while pregnant as things can get pretty rowdy plus not into the band so have opted to stay home. My main concern is that he's been talking to his selfish male friend and talking about going to Copenhell next year (a 3 day heavy metal festival in Copenhagen). Due to the distance, he wants to camp out on the festival grounds so I'd be alone with a 8-9 month old for 3 whole days :wacko: I mentioned I didn't like it but he said that I could take 2-3 days away at another time - like yeah right, I'm gonna do that as I'm planning on breastfeeding for at least 1 year :dohh: Don't know if I should make it a big deal or hope he finds out once baby is here that it's not the thing for him to disappear for 3 whole days.

I passed the GD test! Whoo hoo. Yeah Kat you're right they should save $ by only testing the high risk people.
Anyway I thought I had it because I've been ultra thirty - probably have 3 L of water a day - at night time almost have half a glass of water every time I get up to pee.
We're looking for more places to rent on the wkd - I said to my husband it's getting pretty bloody close to stay put!
Kat - yeah that's a hard one with the music festival. Not really hard - u shouldn't really have to tell him that going away for 3 days isn't appropriate with a new baby! Nights off for mum (esp because you can express if they're taking a bottle) and dad are ok - but 3 days.
I think he'll come to his senses when he sees the work involved and how much support you'll both need!

I passed the GD test! Whoo hoo. Yeah Kat you're right they should save $ by only testing the high risk people.
Anyway I thought I had it because I've been ultra thirty - probably have 3 L of water a day - at night time almost have half a glass of water every time I get up to pee.
We're looking for more places to rent on the wkd - I said to my husband it's getting pretty bloody close to stay put!
Kat - yeah that's a hard one with the music festival. Not really hard - u shouldn't really have to tell him that going away for 3 days isn't appropriate with a new baby! Nights off for mum (esp because you can express if they're taking a bottle) and dad are ok - but 3 days.
I think he'll come to his senses when he sees the work involved and how much support you'll both need!

Yay miranda:happydance:

Hope you find a nice place this weekend:thumbup:

Well baby will be 8-9 months by that time but I'm still not much for it. I don't think he understands that me getting away for 3-5 days in a row to make things "even" will still be difficult as A) I'll still be breastfeeding (although I'm sure we'll probably have been introducing baby to other foods by then) and B) I don't really have any friends or family to get away with. If his selfish friend ends up not following through on wanting to go with him, he can always hang out with his little brother who goes every year (who btw has absolutely no interest in having kids in the near future even though he's mid-30s now:wacko:). I'm going to let it be for now and when it comes up again, try and negotiate to he can go to some other concerts instead since those are only 1 night. Don't know what's reasonable, 5-6 concerts (or nights away) a year and they can't be consecutive? But here's hoping he'll drop the idea himself by then.

Still waiting to get my cloth diapers (pack of 7) although the inserts we ordered from another seller have arrived. Hope we ordered enough, there are 40 inserts (want to be sure I have extras and not run out if we wash every 2-3 days tops).

Yeah I think yore doing the right thing dropping it. Just wait and see nearer the time in sure he will work it out by himself.

How are you feeling otherwise?
I'm going ok. Starting to get some things organized - husband wanted to look at a few places to rent AGAIN this Saturday and I cracked it.. Well I burst into tears. I said we need to get stuff sorted here - none of the places to go and look at are amazing... So tidied up and went to the baby store. My mum's going to help me next week set up the apartment for the Bub - basic stuff. If we find a place and he wants to do all the moving he can. Otherwise at least we'll be ready for the baby.

We're stuck on names!!! Can't agree. Our last name is a long name to spell so we want a short name they don't have to spell!

Miranda so glad you passed!

Kat have you tested yet?

I tested yesterday the 3 hour and got my results last night already I passed yay! :)

hope you all get things sorted and names picked! we picked Leiana Brooke for our little girl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->