• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone hoping for a May/June BFP?? - 6 BFPs!!!

Glad Braxton is perfect and all went well at your scan! I wouldn't worry too much about his weight now. They all grow at different rates. I think when you get to 22 weeks the variation is something like 12 to 21 ounces for an "average" sized baby. That is a BIG gap...but they are growing SO much at that stage. He might double his size in 4 weeks but then stay basically the same for the next few. They grow in spurts just like they do after they're born. Braxton probably just hit one of his early! I wouldn't start worrying about him being a big baby until you are in your last 4 weeks or so, and then they should be able to tell his size more accurately.

just got back from the Dr.'s and he has a clean bill of health! Everything looked normal! :happydance:

The Dr. also said "hes gunna be a big baby" haha he measures in the 98%tile for growth/weight. She said hes a week to 2 weeks ahead for growth!

But its nothing to worry about, hes happy and healthy.... hes just going to be... BIG haha

I only gained 1 lb also (which is because the baby weighs 1 lb)

oh man.... i cant imagine a larger baby comeing out of me, im only 5'1''!

Little J, so glad to hear. :) Were you and DH big babies? I was 6lbs5oz and DH was 6lbs7oz and our first child was 6lbs3oz and Zoela was 9oz at 19+2.

Little J, so glad to hear. :) Were you and DH big babies? I was 6lbs5oz and DH was 6lbs7oz and our first child was 6lbs3oz and Zoela was 9oz at 19+2.

I was 7lb8oz and hubby was 8lb6oz. So i guess hubby was a little bit bigger... but Braxton seems to be on track to be bigger than that!

Little J - I have heard bigger babies are easier to deliver? Don't know wether that's true or not lol :wacko:

Bigger babies usually come earlier! And if they don't they will induce you sooner...so you may not have to go the full 40 weeks if he is, in fact, a bigger boy. I still wouldn't be convinced until you are further along though...they all grow so differently.

Babydreams - I'm going to mention it to my Midwife that big babies run in OH's family, they might book me in for a growth scan nearer the end of my pregnancy just to make sure :)

Little J - I have heard bigger babies are easier to deliver? Don't know wether that's true or not lol :wacko:

i dunno about that! haha my best friend is a high risk pregnancy nurse and said that bigger babies (for a smaller gal with no hips like me) might have a problem deilvering vaginally, but it all depends on the head size and shoulders

..... and if he takes after hubby.... thats a big head :wacko:

Ex, that's not a bad idea. If Tyler is a big boy then you may have trouble with the birth and end up in a section if you go to term or longer. You know how first babies usually stay in there at least a few days past the DD, some 2-3 weeks later!! I was over 3 weeks late (LOL my poor mom!), but fortunately I was only 7 lbs-something. My sister was born ON her DD...very rare...and was also 7 lbs-something. My DH was preemie (he was either 4 or 6 weeks early, I can never remember)...so he was tiny. His sister was late and was only 6 lbs-something. So I don't THINK Weston will be that big, but he does keep measuring ahead on every scan. I have my anatomy US in 2 weeks...so I guess I will know more then!!

Ex, that's not a bad idea. If Tyler is a big boy then you may have trouble with the birth and end up in a section if you go to term or longer. You know how first babies usually stay in there at least a few days past the DD, some 2-3 weeks later!! I was over 3 weeks late (LOL my poor mom!), but fortunately I was only 7 lbs-something. My sister was born ON her DD...very rare...and was also 7 lbs-something. My DH was preemie (he was either 4 or 6 weeks early, I can never remember)...so he was tiny. His sister was late and was only 6 lbs-something. So I don't THINK Weston will be that big, but he does keep measuring ahead on every scan. I have my anatomy US in 2 weeks...so I guess I will know more then!!

i never know... haha hubby and i were both average sized babies. but hopefully hes a perfect size for you!

a big baby scares me only because im 5'1'' and a petite gal (i mean i had some fluff before, but nothing like major or obese) its the NO HIPS part that makes me worried he will get stuck if hes too big haha

i never know... haha hubby and i were both average sized babies. but hopefully hes a perfect size for you!

a big baby scares me only because im 5'1'' and a petite gal (i mean i had some fluff before, but nothing like major or obese) its the NO HIPS part that makes me worried he will get stuck if hes too big haha

Well hopefully they will BOTH be nice and small and pop out very easily for us!!! :happydance: I am also short and petite so I understand!!! :wacko:

Little J - Ouch! Doesn't bare worth thinking about :blush: Hopefully your baby will have a nice, small head :thumbup:

Babydreams - Now that's something I don't want to end up doing if I can help it, would prefer to deliver vaginally if possible. Wow, 3 weeks?!? Your poor Mum indeed lol! That's not too bad then that you were only 7lbs something with being over 3 weeks late. Seems you have quite a variation throughout your family. Fingers crossed for your anatomy scan and hopefully he's measuring bob on :thumbup:

It'll work, our bodies will do what is necessary. :)

AFM: My very good news is. We put a bid on a house and I hope we get it! I should know by Tuesday... But its killing me like the 2ww. Lol

Rant female hips designed in a way that they separate during late pg ready for birth?

oh man, im excited yet nervous for birth now! it is pretty amazing what our bodies do

Woohoo, positive OV test last night!!! :)

Attachments

• 20120916_214728.jpg
    20120916_214728.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4

YAY!

i NEVER could get a pos. OPK.... still cant figure it out either bc i obviously ovulate! (and i used them a whole cycle just in case i would miss it, and never got it to be pos. and that was the same mnth i feel pregnant) so odd....

YAY!

i NEVER could get a pos. OPK.... still cant figure it out either bc i obviously ovulate! (and i used them a whole cycle just in case i would miss it, and never got it to be pos. and that was the same mnth i feel pregnant) so odd....

I never really got a positive either until this brand. First time it was this dark and dead on. I loved it. We did it again tonight...might again tomorrow just to be sure...if nothing else, we've covered all our bases for this cycle so it's out of our hands now! :)

YAY!

I never really got a positive either until this brand. First time it was this dark and dead on. I loved it. We did it again tonight...might again tomorrow just to be sure...if nothing else, we've covered all our bases for this cycle so it's out of our hands now! :)

Yep, love the ClearBlue Digis!!! I swore by them!!! Good luck this month!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->