April 2015 Rainbow Babies

Thanks Button. Doctor recommended saline too---seems to help a little.

Wilf breast fed 3 times today! So happy!

You know your a mom of a newborn when the babies asleep in the swing you actually think about turning the ac off (its 95 outside) instead of covering him up BC he might wake up

Lol Hoping!

Took both children to playgroup yesterday which was fun. Saw lots of mums I haven't seen in ages. Bubs enjoyed it as well, she was awake the whole time watching everything.

It's so nice to get out of the house, isn't it? The babies travel pretty well, we just need an large entourage to make it work!

It's lovely getting out. I've been stuck in so long because of my pelvic pain and it's been driving me mad. Today we went to check out DS's pre school and tomorrow I'm taking her to my OH's park run (a 5k organised run every Saturday) so he can show her off to his running buddies.

Hey ladies!

I can't believe Ella is 4 weeks today!! We are still feeding with the nipple shield on.. I need to start working on transitioning her over, but haven't been.. oops. We have gotten a couple 4 hour stretches of sleep at night, which is good.

I need some new baby pictures!!!! :)

Hi everyone.
I think it's about time I wrote an update!

Inaya is a month old now! I wil have to open a parenting journal. She is doing quite well and has finally caught up with her birthweight. She had lost 400g (about 1lbs), which was more than 10%. The mw was ok with it because 1- she could see that baby was well, and 2- she had started gaining weight again. But the health visitor got worried and sent us to A&E. After 4 hours we had the all clear.
I think her weight loss might have been due to me being sick. She still wears newborn clothes but is filling them now.

G2G, she is crying...

Lovely to hear from you Ummi.

I've been on a quest to find the perfect summer woven wrap and I have an absolutely beautiful one being sent to me this week, very excited!

Cordie was 9lb 9oz when she was weighed on Wednesday. She's into 0-3 clothes definitely now. I've started playgroups again with both of them and she loves people watching.

A&E trips are horrible Ummi, glad you got the all clear.

I weighed my guys on Friday at 6 weeks. Giant Harriet was 12 pounds, and Wilf is catching back up at about 11 lbs 11oz. My DS was monstrous, so I'm not surprised these guys are big!

How's everyone? The last family help left on Sunday, but my OH is off work now so I'm not alone (although he does have to go to some work meetings). I almost cried last night at bed time as it was so stressful trying to get DS to bed with two babies screaming.

Ummi.. Sorry you had to go into the A&E.. But glad all is checking out okay!

I'm not sure how much Ella is weighing, over 8lb and still growing. She's almost outgrown NB clothes, but 0-3m are still a little big.. She's also moved to size 1 diapers.

We took her camping over the weekend.. Well glamping, we stayed in a trailer lol.

Glad to hear everyone is doing good!!

Had a rough night last night and just had a letter through for our 8 week appointment and it's for when I'm on holiday so they're trying to find me another appointment

Just thought I'd check in with you ladies. DD is 6 weeks today and I'm celebrating with a bout of mastitis which is painful and the fever I've got with it is making me feel dreadful. She slept fairly well last night going 3 hours between feeds and sleeping well in between. Unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of it because I was tossing and turning all night, either too hot or freezing cold.

DD on the other hand is fab, she's started smiling and she tries to have little chats with me.

How are you all getting on?

Love it when they start smiling! Sorry to hear about the mastitis Button---my friend has had it several times and it sounds horrible. I've been fortunate so far!

My babies were 7 weeks on Friday---where did the time go! Feeding is going well and they're both gaining weight. Harriet's still heavier than her brother, but I think he's catching back up. She's also slightly longer than him although he started out bigger. We're managing 3 hours between feeding at night and occasionally longer (I think we did 5 once!) They're pretty good during the day but definitely like to get out and about. They sleep so well in public! Our relatives have all gone home but OH is off for an indefinite period of time. He's still going in for meetings and I've been alone with the twins two different times for about 4 hours. Fortunately they've been really good both times, but I know that won't always be the case. Next Wednesday he has to be out for a full day so I'm arranging to have a friend come by to help. A babysitter for me!

Anyone else struggling with being done with pregnancy? I was so looking forward to getting rid of maternity clothes and baby clothes as they were outgrown, but now I can't do it. We have 3 children now and really can't afford more, but I just can't seem to let it go. I just love babies! I don't look forward necessarily to when they're older, but I'm addicted to little ones. I tried to pack up my maternity clothes and I had a massive bawl. I've been focused on having a baby now for 4 years I just don't know what else to focus on. Guess I'll have to see if there's a forum for this.

How's everyone else? Any holidays planned?

So glad The feeding is going well Mowat. I had a friend come and babysit me today as well as OH couldn't get out of meetings. It's nice just to have a bit of company.

I'm actually the opposite, so glad to be done with pregnancy and as cute as she is now I just can't wait for her to be a bit older so she can interact with my DS more. He adores her and I think they'll have a lovely bond when she can play with him. I do have a couple of friends who are finding it hard to come to terms that they are done and they've found getting rid of maternity and outgrown baby stuff has helped a lot.

We're going away to stay in a holiday home in two weeks. It's near a lot of my family so we can meet up with them and I can meet my cousins baby girl. It's also right next door to a safari park which I used to go to every year when I lived at home so we'll get tickets for that.

So nice to read your updates ladies!

Mowat: you're doing so well!! Fantastic!

Button: the bond between siblings can be so strong! And it's just as lovely seeing them interact!

My boys both live their little sister very dearly, but differently. Little one is very cuddly, Kissy-kissy and he expresses his feelings really well. The older doesn't say much but he's really protective of her.
We'll see later on how it goes when the 3 of them start arguing together!! Lol!

I clearly don't miss pregnancy, well this one at least! No more injections, meds and I clearly won't miss sickness once it's gone. I miss my 1st pregnancy though.

Inaya was weighed yesterday and put on 300 grams from 2 weeks ago. Really pleased with that!

How's everyone?

That's great weight gain Ummi. I agree about the pregnancy. I had a great pregnancy and recovery with DS and a great labour and birth with DD. It would have been nice if the two could have gone together!

Exactly how I felt about 1st and 2nd birth.
3rd one, everything was difficult about it! Lol! But having my lil rainbow in my arms today is sooooo worth it!

She also started smiling, that just melts my heart! Loving every second of it!

Aw that's lovely. Now the never ending task of trying to capture a baby smile on camera! I don't know about yours but it took me ages to get a photo of DS smiling, they know when you're trying to take a photo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->