• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April 2015 Rainbow Babies

At least we've got digital cameras now! We can try 1000 times! With ds1 I still had the old fashion camera wwith a film!

I've got so many photos trying to capture those smiles! The closest I've gotten so far they both just look slightly insane!

Logan is a.few days shy of 2 months. He weighs a whopping 13.13 lbs. Hes a chunker but oh so cuddly. He rollls from his front to back, follows you around the room with his eyes, smiling, and the last few nights sleeping 5 hrs at a time.

I dont miss being pregnant. I found out my sister in law is pregnant. She has been trying so we are all happy. We are about same size so I can't Wai to get rid of all my stuff.

Attachments

• WP_20150605_19_52_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150605_19_52_11_Pro.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
That's brilliant hoping! He's such a little cutie. Great news about your sister in law.

Cordelia actually went 4 hours between feeds at the beginning of the night last night. She was a pickle for the rest of it but it was a good start.

I'm over the worst symptoms of the mastitis and I just have to finish my course of antibiotics which is making me hungry as they have to be taken two hours after and an hour before food and I just want to eat all the time.

Hoping that's brilliant news!

Button: sorry you're having to deal with mastitis. Must be awful!

Here, Inaya was wesighed again on Wednesday and she is 3.8 kg, but 52 cm! Catching up in her own time.
The (annoying) health visitor was worried about her sticky eye (which I told her was getting better plus a&e took a swab last time and nothing showed up), sent me to the gpin an emergency saying she could go blind! Gp reassured me, telling me the hv shouldn't have talked like that Inaya was just fine.
I can't wait to be done with hv, and just come to clinic once in a while to weigh her only.

Button: Glad the mastitis is healing up

Ummi: Usually the eye goop is because of a clogged duct. I am surprised he sent you to the A&E.. Warm washrag and BM.

Mowat: I am sure it will be fun to watch how your twins "compete" with each other growth wise.

Update on Ella and I.. not sure what she is weighing.. her next appointment is on the 19th, and I have no clue where my scale is (still unpacking).. so I can't weigh her at home while holding her.. But she is doing good. BFing without the nipple shield, and sometimes is sleeping longer stretches at night (which mommy appreciates). She is 7 weeks now.. I can't believe how much she has changed.. she's smiling and talking to us all the time.. love it!

I had my 6 week follow up, she said everything is healing up really good, I am cleared for working out, but not for sex.. she wants me to wait another month. Which is fine.. i am scared to try just yet. I am having another follow up with my doctor in July.. so I will probably wait until after that check up. She also said since I had a 4th degree tear, that if we have baby #2, I can opt for a C-Section.. which tbh… I probably will. I don't want anymore tearing.

Started back working, but just from home. I go back in a month, and so not ready.

Hi hoping! We've just got back off our first holiday as a family of four. Had a great time but I think I over did it as my pelvic pain is a bit worse. Before we went DD had her 8 week check and her jabs. She weighs 10lb 4oz which means she has dropped a centile. I expected her to as my DS is on the bottom centile, I just hope we don't have to go through the same palaver as we did with him. She's very smiley and chatty and we're all enjoying her.

How's Logan getting on?

Hi girls!
I meant to post some updates for ages!
How is everyone? Has anyone had some news from Still and Munchkin?

Here it's been chaotic. Though dd has been putting on weight steadily, I just got sicker and sicker, to the point that I couldn't eat or drink anything, I was throwing everything up even water. So last Saturday I went to a&e. First hospital just sent me home telling me it was for my gp to sort it out! I went to another one further away, they admitted me for 3 days. I was severely dehydrated and malnourished (this had been going on for 2 months), even after 2 bags of rehydration drips, doctors told my veins were flat, they had a hard time putting the canula in. (first one had slipped). They let Inaya stay with me and gave her a cot (the ones they've got at the maternity), and we had a room for ourselves. Doctors gave me some more antisickness meds, more fluids too. On the 3rd day I was finally able to eat and drink and they discharged me. Since then I'm still on meds but can eat and drink. I will get some outpatient appointments to run some more tests so we can get to the bottom of things.
Inaya is doing so much better since I am eating properly. She is much more settled during the day and is still doing quite well at night. Though I missed her first injection appointment as we were in hospital. I'm going next week to weigh her again. I'm hoping she's put on a bit more weight.

You poor thing Ummi. Glad Inaya is doing well and I hope they get to the bottom of your sickness soon.

THat's crazy Ummi! Hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

We're on our first vacation with the babies---one month away from home. Babies handled the flights well and are getting lots of attention from relatives. Wilf is sleeping well at night but Harriet still tries to drive me nuts some nights. The last time we weighed them they were both exactly 13 pounds.

Thanks, yes I hope so too. I just received an appointment for August. We'll see then.

It's a great update. Enjoy your holidays.

Wow, great weights Mowat!

I'm pretty much resigned to another bad sleeper. I won't bother stressing about it this time though. I'll just wait for her to figure it out.

Got my check up tomorrow, they couldn't fit me in at 8 weeks and I was away last week. I might ask about physio for my pgp. I know I over did it a bit on holiday as I did a fair bit of walking around but I can't sit on a sofa all day when I've got a 3 year old.

Oh no Ummi! I am glad you went in and are feeling better!!!

I have been just busy enjoying spending time at home with Ella. I go back to work next week :( Ella is doing great and growing steadily.. She's in the 25% for weight and 50% for height.. So she's skinny and long :)

Not until August Ummi? Make sure you go in before if you don't feel well!

Wheres pictures at ladies???
Logan is doing great hes a big guy. At 2 months he weighed 14.07 lbs and 24 inches long. Hes now more then that. Since hes so big he is already eating stage one baby food and is doing great with it. We went for a mini vacation 7 hours round trip and he did amazing! he is such a great baby i just cant stand how cute he is!! Im working now and hes at the babysitter so i miss him dearly. He loves his daddy the most!

I wonder where the other ladies are!!!

Glad everyone is doing good!

Attachments

• WP_20150629_07_15_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150629_07_15_37_Pro.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20150625_20_47_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150625_20_47_04_Pro.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
I posted some pics in my journal, page 41. I need to post some more, Inaya changed so much. She is still a little shrimp though and just outgrew her newborn clothes last week. She now wears 0-3 months, at last! She was 4.2 kg, 9.4lbs two weeks ago.
Yes Mowat, if I have a relapse I'll go straight there. Hopefully there will be no need.

Hoping: glad Logan is doing so well and you enjoyed your vacation.

Akn: well done Ella! These babies are already growing up too quickly already!

They're definitely growing up too quickly Ummi. Can't believe it's been 10 weeks already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->