April Dewdrops 2019

Oh my goodness Weebles, what a crazy world! Happy to have you here and congratulations!

Congrats and welcome weebles! My DS is just 15 months too! Also worried about splitting time but excited to see them play together.

Definitely suffering from insomnia here, I don't remember it happening this early last time but seem to have forgotten a lot already!

Not much going on here, usual worries. Worries when cramping, worried when not haha! One more sleep till out scan, hoping for the best.

I definitely struggled with insomnia the first few weeks. Now it's a bit more of an occasional bother. If I wake up twice in a night to use the bathroom I sometimes have trouble falling back asleep after the second waking. Trying to avoid afternoon naps also helped reduce the insomnia.

I struggled with insomnia for the first week or two. I'm glad I'm not getting up 3 times a night to go to the bathroom anymore, but still, the one or two times I do it can take a bit of coaxing to go back to sleep.

I almost feel like I NEED a nap during the day! I'm absolutely wiped by the time it's time to go home from work!

Belle, I'm excited to be in *this* thread with you!

Chicky, Everytime I get nervous that's what I focus on, them playing together.

And I'm with you all on the insomnia. It was actually a symptom I was having before I tested but I didn't think much of it at the time.

Hickory - Your idea for baby's first real outing made me laugh hard!:haha: I totally get you.

KatieSweet: I just hope people around me would stop giving me a guilt trip for that 1/2 small cup of tea i was having. I am working to cut that too, but i was already forced to feel that i was committing a sin :dohh:

BelleNuit - Same here! I wear a 32B but now busting out of it! Rocking no bra at home these days:blush:

Hey Weebles, congratulations and here's to a happy and a healthy pregnancy and child birth :flower:

Chickybaby: Wishing you a wonderful scan!

Yes and no. I told DH right when I took my first test that I thought there were 2. Then my betas were all good, but could have gone either way and my symptoms have been underwhelming. It wasn't a complete shock, we went in prepared for multiples. I was so happy to see both their hearts beating away. I laid there crying my eyes out.

Hi, I thought i read all the pages, but something went missing, so,
Can u tell me details? I am dying here to have twins, i just got my bfp on Friday, maybe i’M 4 weeks..

Sorry, here is my intro:
Mom of 2 babies; 1 is turning 5this year, 2nd is turning two ..
Ttc month 4. First round of clomid.. and dying for having twins..got my bfp friday, maybe i am 4weeks or so..
Feelong noooo symptoms!!! Just sleepless! I hate it:cry:

Not surprising on the boobs ladies. I was up 5 cup sizes and 1 band size (7 inches total) by the time my milk came in. Up 2 cup sizes by end of first tri and they just kept growing 😂

Ahhh weebles! Looks like we’re on this journey together again!

babyvaughan - thank you for your nice words :hugs:

Oh the dreams! some funny, some scary, some very sweet!

Any coffee/tea lovers? I used to drink a cup of tea daily, but now down to less than half a cup, slowly trying to avoid that too by snacking something else at my usual tea time.
How are you managing cutting down your coffee/tea habits?

I've been ok cutting out coffee, but Diet Pepsi has been the only thing that settles my stomach!! When I can't think of anything to eat without gagging, I can tolerate a Diet Pepsi. I know it's not great, and I definitely need to be drinking more water and less soda. I'm trying but I was addicted before I was pg and the nausea is an added challenge. :nope:

Welcome & congrats Weebles!
(And the same to anyone I might have forgotten to mention, looking forward to going through this journey with everyone.)

KatieSweet: I just hope people around me would stop giving me a guilt trip for that 1/2 small cup of tea i was having. I am working to cut that too, but i was already forced to feel that i was committing a sin :dohh:

Ahhh yeah the evil eye of judgment. Pregnant women are such an easy target for scrutiny! It's ridiculous. Instead of looking at all the things we do right (we give up a LOT for our babies), people are quick to point out what they think we're doing wrong, whether it's backed up by evidence or just plain old wives tales. I just look at what science says (& my OB's recs) in these cases and a little bit of caffeine is really no big deal. There's a recommended limit and I stick to that.
Focus on being proud of what you're doing right instead, shrug off other people's opinions, and just try to enjoy your tea, especially if it relaxes you and makes you happy. All good things. If you want to quit your tea, that's totally cool too. But do it for yourself, not to please others that don't necessarily know what they're talking about.

Hi Sidra! I used to fantasize about having twins when DH and I were ttc DD but if that happened now I'd be terrified!

Oh lesonde! Congratulations! Well to you and everyone else really but how ironic, lol.

Babyplease and Happy, I can't cut out coffee completely. I just can't function without it. I couldn't give it up when I was pregnant with DD either.

Omg I'd be so terrified if it was twins lol. I've been so sick and it started so early that, that thought has crossed my mind. But I'm sure that's just anxiety talking and there's only one lol. I'll find out Monday! Definitely having scan jitters over here.

I don’t know how you are all still drinking coffee. I usually love it, but can’t even stand the smell whilst pregnant. I switch to Swiss water method decaf in the beginning and then off it completely when I just can’t drink it anymore. I think part of it is mental too. I drank a small 5-6 oz cup in the A.M. with my first pregnancy and that ended in an mmc. That’s probably not why but I just can’t risk it anymore. My SIL drinks coffee and beer while pregnant (in limited amounts). I just couldn’t! It irks me a bit to see her so carefree about everything. I miss that feeling from before my losses.

Belle~ I probably won't use my doppler often. Most likely less than once a week in these early weeks and then it may be nice to have when the babies are bigger for reassurance if I worry over slow movements or what not. T-rex :haha: No increase in bra size here, mainly as I'm still nursing though.

lesondemavie~ congrats on a beautiful scan

Gray~ ooh intense :blush: not really having any memorable dreams this go around

Chicky~ sharing in your worries over spotting off and on. I did in my other pregnancies as well, but as you said can't help but be nervous. Praying for the continued health of your pregnancy

Happy~ I hope the bleed is completely gone now :hugs:
I'm one of those that need coffee to go about my day. I only recently came off it completely because it started to have a bitter taste. I had continued drinking it though just staying under my OB's daily recommendation. I don't stay away from caffeine purposefully, most drinks that contain it I've been put off of atm. If you want it and baby isn't keeping your from it, indulge away.

Weebles~ Welcome :wave: Oh how amazing! Congrats!! FX'd for fantastic betas

Hickory~ love the vividness of your dreams

Babyvaughn~ sounds similar to where 2 of our girls rooms are in the process. We have that horrid popcorn ceiling texture, so wanting to scrape it off and finish drywall. We recently bought this house and they had termite damage in their rooms. It's an uneasy feeling when symptoms come and go, I'm sure the ones that have gone will be replaced with an odd new one soon.

Fruitie~ oh the stress! Hopefully they are able to hire on more help and you get some relief soon. Happy 7 weeks! :dance:

Sidra~ Hello :wave: Congrats and welcome!
I guess I'm unsure by what you mean when you ask for details?

babyplease: don't be so hard on yourself hun. Maybe diet pepsi isn't the greatest but if it's what you can manage it's what you can manage. The last few weeks all I was able to do was sprite or 7up. It is what it is and when you are feeling better you can change to something deemed healthier.

Welcome Weebles and Sidra! :wave:

Happy and Katie - I'm a huge coffee drinker, so much so that I can barely function without it. I cut it back to one cup a day while I was pregnant with DD and now I'm doing the same with this one. My morning cup of coffee I feel is just fine and within the normal parameters of the 200mg recommendation. I can't stand when people get all judgy with pregnant women. It's still my body in the end. I care about doing whats best for my baby but I do my own research and don't need anyone telling me what to do (same goes for parenting lol).

Sooo exhausted last night. Fell asleep leaning against a wall next to DD as she played in her play kitchen. My poor hubby finally had to basically walk me upstairs to bed. I'm not used to that. Otherwise the nausea has been not too bad the last week unless I don't eat. Slight cramping today but I think that's still normal for 7 weeks? Idk. We decided not to have an early scan, couldn't find any benefits to it when I dug into the research, so I don't hear a heartbeat until my next appointment at 11 weeks.

Coffee has been making my nausea worse so I've quit. I'm sure I'll go back to one cup a day when I start feeling better.

Angel good for you for not doing an early scan. I really wanted one at 8/9 weeks to help alleviate some anxiety (hopefully).

Fruitie did you mention your symptoms all disappeared one day? How are things going are they back? I have some days where my symptoms seem way milder than others.

Belle - By the time my nausea was better the heartburn made it impossible to drink coffee (even decaf) for me. Ah pregnancy is so glamorous :haha:

I’m ravenous today. I asked DH for cheese at 3 A.M. last night so he decided to call our little one Fievel for now. I downed an entire avo turkey burger for lunch and then couldn’t shake a craving for cookies and ginger ale. My boobs have been itchy these past few days too. Like itchy in the tissue not on the skin. I was down 2 cup sizes and 1 band size from where I started when DD was born a year ago, but I’m already back up at least one cup size...here we go again! I will never again wish for bigger boobs!

I’m actually having a hard time with the whole being pregnant again thing. I thought I’d be ok if I wasn’t as sick, but nope. The exhaustion and sleep deprivation with a 1 yo is really getting to me. I was also just getting my old body back, so it’s hard to not fit in my jeans again etc. I love and want this baby, but seriously would have DH go through all the symptoms if I could. It’s so his turn. I loved watching my body grow and change last time, but this time is different.

Les ive heard that a second pregnancy can be tougher in some ways for a lot of the same reasons you wrote about. I havent been there but maybe its all less excitinf the second time around because you already know what to expect?

Busy tulip— i meant what makes u feel you gonna have twins? Before scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->