April Dewdrops 2019

Sorry, ever the psychologist here, but do you know the intentions of that woman in your Facebook group? My guess is that she was probably not well and in need of help. Probably not there to cause harm to others. I had a friend in high school who faked a pregnancy. I was one of the ones who stuck by her. I felt that if she was lying she was hurting in some way and needed some support. She eventually admitted to the lie, which was met only by empathy from me, and I was able to convince her to get the help she needed. One of my good friends dated a guy for 10 years. We all loved him. He ended up lying about going to college, faked a diploma, lied about getting into grad school and getting this amazing grant. Would steal her money and go probably just hang out at coffee shops saying he was going to study groups or class. You hear the stories about people pretending to still go to work after they lose their jobs etc too. The mind is fascinating and horrible all at once. My friend is no longer with that guy which is absolutely the right decision, but I do hope that he got help and he is in a better place and on a better path.

I joined 2 Facebook groups but they both kinda died. The one I joined for ttcal was great, but it seems the person who started it deleted it, so no more connections there. I think I connected most with my first pregnancy group but that pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage so I left the group and lost touch.

I’m so sorry to hear about you being held down and stripped weebles. I just can’t comprehend that happening. I mean unless it’s life or death that shouldn’t happen. The maternal death rate and csection rate is horrendously high in the US. I’m thankful to live in CA. We have measures adopted from the UK that have drastically lowered both. My hospital and team were fantastic. They have all sorts of options, the nurses were wonderful, everyone explained what they were doing and got confirmation from me before they did it, etc. If my induction had ended in a csec, I would have absolutely believed that they did everything they could have to prevent it up until then. They weren’t hands off in the sense that they had to help both me and DD at times, but I always knew what they were doing and why. I didn’t get skin to skin with DD right away but that’s because she had to have meconium sucked out of her lungs, so I was ok with them helping her and then getting my time with her later. I loved that the NICU nurse came up to help her so I could see her the whole time. They never took her away. So I guess move to CA :haha:. No seriously though, I hope you both have better teams and experiences this time.

Weebles your birth experience sounds absolutely horrible. I cannot imagine being treated that way. I'm in Canada so I'm hoping things are better. I've heard having a doula can help with the patient advocacy piece. I might look into that for myself.

Les you are probably right that the woman faking the pregnancy likely had some psychological challenges. Might be she was living out her fantasy to have a baby. I can empathize with that.

We had our ultrasound this morning. Baby is measuring at 7w6d and out EDD has shifted a day to April 5, 2018. Little Squirt had a heart rate of 153 and we are so very much in love with them already. We were able to get a video of their heart beating <3

Attachments

• squirt.mp4
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Belle - the symptoms come and go now but only very mild.
I had mild nausea this morning and tender boobs again but that’s it.
We told our parents last weekend and my mum said she had perfectly healthy pregnancies with no symptoms at all!! Hoping I’m following suit.

Congratulations Abe! Wonderful news!

Happy, it was trans abdominal. I'm from NZ so we use a midwife for our pregnancy care. We get referrals for scans then set them up with a sonographer. OBs are only used if you are high risk or of you choose to pay for one.

So sorry for the traumatic birth experiences. It is such a vulnerable time for a woman and being treated that way is horrific.

I'm happy to stay here for now too, I didn't join a due date group with my DS so looking forward to having a group of ladies to share this with this time.

Sounds like things are going good Fruitie! Some women don't get much for symptoms at all and have perfectly healthy pregnancies! You must be one of those lucky ones :)

Congrats again Abe!

Abe I&#8217;m just absolutely thrilled for you! How amazing <3

I hope you guys don't mind if I lurk. I'm following some from my last due date group and a few others. However, I'm cheering all of you on! :)

Sorry, ever the psychologist here, but do you know the intentions of that woman in your Facebook group? My guess is that she was probably not well and in need of help. Probably not there to cause harm to others. I had a friend in high school who faked a pregnancy. I was one of the ones who stuck by her. I felt that if she was lying she was hurting in some way and needed some support. She eventually admitted to the lie, which was met only by empathy from me, and I was able to convince her to get the help she needed. One of my good friends dated a guy for 10 years. We all loved him. He ended up lying about going to college, faked a diploma, lied about getting into grad school and getting this amazing grant. Would steal her money and go probably just hang out at coffee shops saying he was going to study groups or class. You hear the stories about people pretending to still go to work after they lose their jobs etc too. The mind is fascinating and horrible all at once. My friend is no longer with that guy which is absolutely the right decision, but I do hope that he got help and he is in a better place and on a better path.

I joined 2 Facebook groups but they both kinda died. The one I joined for ttcal was great, but it seems the person who started it deleted it, so no more connections there. I think I connected most with my first pregnancy group but that pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage so I left the group and lost touch.

I&#8217;m so sorry to hear about you being held down and stripped weebles. I just can&#8217;t comprehend that happening. I mean unless it&#8217;s life or death that shouldn&#8217;t happen. The maternal death rate and csection rate is horrendously high in the US. I&#8217;m thankful to live in CA. We have measures adopted from the UK that have drastically lowered both. My hospital and team were fantastic. They have all sorts of options, the nurses were wonderful, everyone explained what they were doing and got confirmation from me before they did it, etc. If my induction had ended in a csec, I would have absolutely believed that they did everything they could have to prevent it up until then. They weren&#8217;t hands off in the sense that they had to help both me and DD at times, but I always knew what they were doing and why. I didn&#8217;t get skin to skin with DD right away but that&#8217;s because she had to have meconium sucked out of her lungs, so I was ok with them helping her and then getting my time with her later. I loved that the NICU nurse came up to help her so I could see her the whole time. They never took her away. So I guess move to CA :haha:. No seriously though, I hope you both have better teams and experiences this time.

Absolutely I think the lady wasn't well- but also she had access to personal information, pictures of our kids(which she had stolen other peoples picture so stealing our children's pictures was not out of the question). Not only that but she also looked down on other mothers and asked about what a perfect mother she was and what a perfect baby she had. It was a very icky situation and I truly hope she got help- but I wouldn't be willing to compromise my kids privacy like that.

All said though, much further down the line when thing are more sure about this pregnancy I am open to a secret FB group.

Hi Fleuky!!

Hope you luck out symptom wise Fruitie! Sounds promising.

Ab, so glad your scan went well! I never thought to record any of mine and I wish I had, the 7/8 week one was my absolute favorite!

I think I accidentally deleted the voicemail with my beta results! :dohh: I'll have to call and request them again tomorrow morning.

Congrat's Abe! So exciting!!
13 days.. almost 12! Til' my scan it feels like eternity!
Still have little bits of cramping just like twice a day now, VERY nauseous the past few days.

Fruit and veggies are fine anything else makes me not feel well.
I am still super tired!!

I'd be open to a private FB group towards the end as well. We did that with DD's November group and exchanged photos for a while. It died after a while, but it was lovely. I'm still close friends with one of them.

Hi everyone! I’m 4 weeks and 3 days today! Does anyone know if there is a group for May babies yet? My little one, all being well should arrive on 1st May 2019. This is going off calculators until my dating scan xx

Congratulations babydream! My EDD is 4/28, really close to yours so we are at a similar stage.

I called the office first thing this morning and my betas are great! Progesterone was 16 and hcg was 87. They wanted to schedule my first scan so that will be on 9/10. I'm so relieved to have higher numbers this time!

Those numbers look great Weebles!

Welcome Babydreaming, there is always a little flex with EDD, you might even end up with an April baby, while others here could end up with a March baby lol.

Those numbers look great Weebles!

Welcome Babydreaming, there is always a little flex with EDD, you might even end up with an April baby, while others here could end up with a March baby lol.

Thank you so much belle and weebles! I knew that babies can be early or late but just assumed that the calculators would be correct, maybe I’ll stay in this one then for now as I’m only a day out of April with the calculators! And my pregnancy test was extremely dark for 15DPO so maybe baby could be here earlier than expected! I’ll know more at the dating scan which I think will be October time, which feels like an eternity away haha. Has anyone else experienced a numbing type pain every now and again?! I’ve gone from severe cramps to less of them and now a numb sensation that comes for a few seconds and goes? It probably only happens twice at most xx

Welcome baby. Yea you just never know. Due dates are more like floating months when baby could come (two weeks before and two weeks after). First babies come at 41+1 on average (if all is healthy, no complications). I&#8217;m one who could possibly have a March baby since EDD is 4/1/19. I doubt it though. I was induced at 41+3 with my first. I&#8217;m hoping this one will come on his or her own this time though I doubt it&#8217;ll be before the EDD FX. I never get any of the cramping or pulls or anything like that, so I can&#8217;t help you there. Others definitely do though so i&#8217;m sure someone else has experienced that.

Welcome babydreaming!!

Yup, due date is rarely on the mark. My first was born 2 weeks early and went from being a November baby to an October child.

Yay for good betas Weebles!

Hello all,
not something you'd want to hear, but my bleeding and cramping peaked yesterday night and i had a miscarriage. Went to the doctor today morning and confirmed a bio-chemical pregnancy.
Hope to join such a thread soon, bye for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->