April Dewdrops 2019

Angel did you share your previous birth experience elsewhere? I hate to ask you to revisit but am curious as my last birth was...let's just say I wish to not have a repeat.

I think the exhaustion was similar in all my pregnancies, the difference was in my first if I was tired I could just nap. There is no way I could just nod off now with little ones to look after and big ones to chauffeur around.

Sidra it was just a gut reaction sort of thing, I just felt it from the beginning. I've a friend who fell pregnant with twinnies while on clomid so I know it happens. As exciting as twins may be I have to say it's all around scary. Wishing you a safe pregnancy.

FX'd for a lovely scan Chickybaby

Great news counting!

Belle - I had been a modest 32C for as long as I could remember and my weight was always within 10lbs or so, but still my bbs exploded during pregnancy. I will never again wish for bigger bbs it was such a pain. I ended up just mostly wearing those nursing sleep bras and camis bc man bras are expensive and the darn things just kept on growing. So yea it just varies person to person. My friend with already giant bbs still went up 3-4 sizes and my SIL with little A cups went up just two sizes. It also doesn’t translate to bfing success. My friend with the giant bbs couldn’t bf and my SIL still comfort feeds her 2 yo. It’s just a random weird thing about pregnancy.

Katie - I was exactly in that spot too, just back in my old clothes under my pre-pregnancy weight and feeling good about my body. This second time around is nuts. My bloat is not going away. I just weighed myself and I haven’t gained a pound and yet my previously flat tummy looks like this:

41413DCE-E546-4418-8A2B-5614F7D0787B.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

It’s like my body is saying yup yea no problem I remember this! let me skip ahead a few months here.

My tummy looks about the same Les, I've gained about 5 lbs, I suspect some of it is water weight from eating more carbs as I was pretty low carb early on.

It's crazy how there is no real rhyme or reason for how much your bbs grow. I'm just lucky that I have a few bras in larger sizes from before my weight loss kicking around.

Oh yea I had a little bit of a bump by now last time but barely. The tummy is totally bc this is my second pregnancy and only a year after delivering my first.

You definitely start showing earlier with subsequent pregnancies! You have a cute little bump started already Les :)

I wouldn't consider myself to have a bump yet, but definitely bloated lol, it's cuz of all the carbs LOL

My heavily pregnant friend told me something today that made me chuckle, so thought I would share! Don’t read if you’re squeamish or easily grossed out...

We were discussing cervical mucas during pregnancy, and she said her fiancé was doing the washing the other day and asked if she had melted a candle in her pants 😂

Isn’t pregnancy lovely hehe.

:haha:

Sometimes I wonder because of the progesterone tabs if DH thinks the same when doing laundry!

I am so jealous of you ladies getting early scans! Very happy for you!! But also, jealous :(

Being my first, I really didn't know protocol using Tricare Prime (military insurance). The clinic saw me today at six weeks so I could provide a urine sample. On Friday, I am to call the nearest military hospital (30 miles away in the country's worst traffic) to schedule an orientation. This is where I will give birth and I do not get to choose an OB. After the orientation, my first ultrasound will be around 16-20 weeks.

I left the appointment in tears - I was so devastated that not only can I not choose my OB, but I have to wait at least another 10 weeks for my first scan!

My husband didn't seem bothered at all and can't understand my concerns and at least wanting to see our baby on a scan sooner rather than later. He wasn't insensitive about it, but also very matter of fact and "this is just the way it is with military healthcare."

That's horrible! How do they confirm dating, that it isn't ectopic, give you any indication if they are at risk for any trisomies, etc.? I feel like the first scans are probably one of the most important!

I'm sorry about not being able to choose your OB :hugs: Is there any way you can get a second opinion form somewhere else? I'm not too familiar with US military medical.

Tricare is tough. We recently started contracting with them in one area that has trouble getting services. The rates they pay are ridiculously low, so we can only do it bc our funding sources are diverse. I’m not surprised that maternal care isn’t much better. It’s sad really. You’d think we’d treat our troops better.

I love my weekly scans but I would take no scan until 16 weeks over the losses that got me such close monitoring. If all goes well, you’ll see a healthy little babe then and it will be amazing. You can go and pay for a private ultrasound earlier. Not sure how much it would be though. You might even be able to go to planned parenthood or one of those clinics *shrugs*. Something to look into if you need the reassurance.

A private scan is probably a couple hundred. I know where I live in Canada you can get them for $200.

I am so jealous of you ladies getting early scans! Very happy for you!! But also, jealous :(

Being my first, I really didn't know protocol using Tricare Prime (military insurance). The clinic saw me today at six weeks so I could provide a urine sample. On Friday, I am to call the nearest military hospital (30 miles away in the country's worst traffic) to schedule an orientation. This is where I will give birth and I do not get to choose an OB. After the orientation, my first ultrasound will be around 16-20 weeks.

I left the appointment in tears - I was so devastated that not only can I not choose my OB, but I have to wait at least another 10 weeks for my first scan!

My husband didn't seem bothered at all and can't understand my concerns and at least wanting to see our baby on a scan sooner rather than later. He wasn't insensitive about it, but also very matter of fact and "this is just the way it is with military healthcare."

Whwre I live the norm is one single scan at 20 weeks. Ans no pictures whatsoever. I'm high risk and have complications so things work differently for me- but here this is that standard. And I really feel it sucks :(

That does suck. We get an early scan at 8 weeks, another between 12-14 weeks and a third at 18-20 weeks. I can't imagine having to wait 20 weeks for a single scan. I really feel for you!

Counting, where in Canada are you? I know in alberta it's as Belle said - 3 scans.

Hickory, with my first pregnancy I had three scans. I was so young I didn't know a whole lot about the process so it didn't really bother me. I had an early scan to confirm dates but only because I didn't know the date my last cycle started. I also had a 12 week and then the 20 week anatomy scan. (I think? It was so long ago!) I think it's pretty normal for low risk pregnancies. Or it might be the difference between an OB and a midwife since I have to see and OB now. I'm sorry you have to wait, it's so nerve wracking. I think I'd be the most upset about not being able to choose my own OB though. I really am sorry and hope the one you get you are able to become comfortable with.

Lesonde, I get "extra" scans too but for a different reason. ((hugs)) Last time I started to worry that all the extra scans were going to have some kind of negative effect on DD.

I don’t worry about that at all weebles. My RE is really cautious. She doesn’t even want you flying in first tri. She’s very liberal with her scans and will even do extra ones if you request them for reassurance, and that’s bc from the research I’ve read it’s not frequency it’s duration. It just takes way longer for the device to heat things up enough to have any sort of effect. Same with the Doppler.

Counting, where in Canada are you? I know in alberta it's as Belle said - 3 scans.

Nova Scotia

I assumed this was the same everywhere in Canada but I guess not!

I guess at some point they did a study that outcomes didn't improve with more scans unless you are high risk or over 35.

Then again, if you were low risk you also couldn't find out the baby's sex until a few years ago! I think it changed the year before I had my oldest son. You also can't get ultrasound pictures or anything else. It does suck. The only reason i can buy pictures or find out the sex at the actual scan (everyone else has to wait for their dr to receive the report), is because I am high risk and go to a special fetal medicine clinic due to additional risk factors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->