April Dewdrops 2019

Wow counting. I had no idea prenatal care could be so different even within the same country! The 12 week scan I will get is a nuchal translucency scan which is used to help identify downs and other trisomies. I'm surprised they wouldn't do that kind of scan in Nova Scotia because it's pretty non-invasive. But like you say, they must be saving it for the higher risk groups

Just catching up on all the chats that I’ve missed. So interesting to hear everyone’s stories, progress etc and I hope that everyone is well.

We had a scare yesterday; ended up in A&E on a drip for dehydration and now commenced on anti-emetics for my sickness and only 6+3 absolutely horrible.
I also had pink blood/spotting but we had an emergency USS today and saw our little baby’s heartbeat for the first time and everything appears normal.

Not out of the woods yet but was such a relief. Repeat scan in 2 weeks.
Has anyone else experienced spotting?

Wow counting. I had no idea prenatal care could be so different even within the same country! The 12 week scan I will get is a nuchal translucency scan which is used to help identify downs and other trisomies. I'm surprised they wouldn't do that kind of scan in Nova Scotia because it's pretty non-invasive. But like you say, they must be saving it for the higher risk groups

I get a 12 week scan because DH had a brother who was born with DS and Spina bifida (and passed away shortly after birth). Apparently unless you have risk factors it isn't a thing here. Most women just get one scan at 19-22w and the blood screenings. If the blood screenings show increased risk you get an early scan as well.

Hi Lola. I've bled in both my previous pregnancies and I'm hoping to avoid it this time around. It's so stressful and worrisome. Seeing/hearing the heartbeat is such a great relief!

I'm so exhausted, just beyond tired. DD has a bad cold and is extra fussy so I'm not getting any breaks.

If is Weebles isn’t it! I hope it doesn’t happen to you. The first trimester is such a stress I’m finding.

Sounds like you are shattered. I’ve been sleeping practically all day zzzzzzz!

Letting you all know I've had a miscarriage. Everything started to go wrong at 6 weeks.

Praying for all of your little ones as I go back to TTC next month. Much love.

Eb I’m so sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Sending lots of love xx

Weebles I'm glad that telling your MIL went over well. Having a little one to look after while pregnant is exhausting, hopefully you can manage a minute each day for a bit of rest.

Counting what a scary ordeal to have gone through, thankful all is well with you and your little 'bloop' That heartbeat is always a sight for sore eyes

Hickory I'm sorry, maternity care in the military is rough going. I'm not sure of the area around you, but possibly seeking out a clinic as one of the other ladies suggested may do well to put some of your fears to rest.

Lola I've had spotting in my pregnancies for various reasons. Early on with this pregnancy I had a cyst that was giving me some problems. In my last I had a SCH and then later found out I had placenta previa. I'm glad that everything looks well for you and baby. FX'd for no more bleeding, or at the very least not intense and bright, and that your repeat scan goes just as smoothly. I hope the anti-emetics are working for you, being on the drip due to sickness is horrid.

Sadly due to recurrent miscarriages I am one of those ladies that receives multiple scans. Though I've not ever had an NT scan, didn't even realize that was a thing until I came upon BnB. I'm also considered high risk for multiple factors so I'll most likely be getting scans every few weeks throughout 1st and 3rd tri.

I hope everyone is getting on alright

I think over here in The Netherlands the minimum amount of scans is about 2 or 3 depending on your OB. But healthcare here is very easygoing. My OB this past Wednesday for example did a second viability scan on top of the one I got at 7 weeks basically because she really wanted to sneak a peek too :thumbup: In 2 weeks I'm getting another one to determine gestational age.

I got an early viabillity scan because I received fertility treatments. I'm also getting extra growth scans this pregnancy because I'm high risk for gestational diabetes, macrosomia (large for gestational age) and polyhydramnios (too much amnio), since that's what happened with my previous pregnancy.

We're paying for a gender scan at 15-ish weeks, but even that is not expensive, about 35 euros (maybe 42 US dollars?). A 4D scan is 80 euros. Definitely doing that at around 27 weeks.

Another missed miscarriage here. Enjoy your April babies all <3

Heartbreaking news lesondemavie, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm absolutely heartbroken for you, Les. Love to you, DH and C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->