April Dewdrops 2019

Hi ladies,

Not been on here in a little bit and see we have had some losses. My heart goes out to all, I’m very sorry for your losses.

I had my initial bookin in appointment with the midwife today. She’s advised my pregnancy is high risk as my bmi is 37 and blood pressure won’t drop below 90. I was so excited before I went but now I’m feeling a little sad and worried (of course the pregnancy hormones don’t help).
Got to wait until I’m 12 weeks for the first scan, 3 weeks to go! Hoping I feel a bit better after that...

Dieting in pregnancy does not sound fun to me...

Fruitie I am sorry that the excitement was sucked out of your first appointment. I hope that you have plenty to keep you busy in these next few weeks until your scan.
Is she sending you to some sort of nutritionist, or did she say what kind of dietary changes she wanted you to make? I hope that you'll find it easier to adhere to than you think :hugs:

Our little group has had a lot of sad news lately, thinking of all of you ladies.

The midwife said I should try slimming world as they work along side the midwives very closely to make sure you don’t become poorly through dieting. Mainly I need to watch portion control and if I have a craving just eat a bit of fruit instead.

Easier said then done when all the healthy stuff makes me gag at the moment. Haha.

I’m feeling a bit better about it all today after some rest!

I’m sure it will all be fine, it was just a real downer on what I would have liked to be an amazing booking in appt!

I'm sorry Mrs Fruitie that does sound disappointing! I think for the first trimester if you're dealing with a lot of nausea just eat what you can, and like you say, try not to cave in too much to those unhealthy cravings.

I've definitely been craving sweet things, which is not my norm at all! Right now I want a good quality cheese with jalapeno jelly or honey on a cracker lol. I guess I could do worse.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now Fruitie. After the pPROM I had with DS I was told that any subsequent pregnancy would be considered high risk. It scared me at first but it really just means some extra appointments and monitoring. It's just an extra precaution. :) I have the added pleasure of being considered of "advanced maternal age" so that's lovely.

As far as cravings go I've been wanting chicken fingers. It kind of reminds me of how badly I wanted meat when I was pregnant with my son and makes me wonder if it's a boy this time too.

Thanks Weebles, Belle and Tulip 😊

One of my good friends was in a similar situation with her pregnancy, and she put a positive spin on it by saying you get extra scans and check ups, so in a way it’s extra reassurance all is ok!

Craving wise all I want is chicken curry or chicken katsu curry! I’ve been making my own healthy biryani by cooking some chicken, veg and shallots with spices, adding low fat plain yogurt to make a sauce, and having a small portion of rice.

So sorry to read about losses ladies. ��

Got the full report back from my scan last week and it put my dates ahead 2 days bringing me to a due date of April 20th, 2019!

I was high risk my last pregnancy and it was neat getting so many scans! My appointment is tomorrow! I might get in today though. I have GERD and it’s super bad right now. All weekend I was miserable! I’m so excited/nervous for the scan! I called at 8am they had an opening at 10 but needed nurses approval. Couldn’t get ahold of nurse so I call and 10am and they still can’t ahold of them lol! Either way 24hrs or less I’ll see a midwife get help for my Gerd and ultrasound!

Glad you're more at ease with the news Fruitie :hugs:

That's brilliant counting :D

Praying for a great appt babyvaughn and hopeful for relief from your GERD

Weebles, also advanced maternal age here :blush:

Hoping to perk up the thread with some good news. I had an appt today and was able to see my sweet babies again. Both are doing beautifully. Measuring bang on for dates. We've made it past the point where we had our previous twin loss and that seems like such a monumental thing. Over the moon to see both babies doing well and looking like proper little babies, not little blobs.

As far as cravings I've been on eating a baked potato, jacket and all, every day. Can also eat just about anything spicy. Fruit is a big "no go" though :sick:

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow babyv!

Glad your scan went well counting!

And tulip, I don't know how I missed you are pregnant with twins! That's so exciting! I keep joking with DH that I'm pregnant with two babies but I think I'd be terrified if I really was.

Argh having a very bad night & Morning!
Went to the loo last night and had some bright red spotting when I wiped!
It only happened on 1 trip to the loo but I immediately spoke with the midwife. She told me I could go to a&e if I wanted but she will refer me to the early pregnancy unit this morning for a scan in next couple of days! She advised I should go straight to bed and sleep, and not to worry to much!

Easier said than done! Sat at work unable to concentrate!

Have any of you ladies had spotting in pregnancy before and all been ok?

Hey Fruitie. Spotting is so scary. I had an SCH when I was pregnant with DD. it caused me to bleed/spot off and on for a number of weeks. The SCH at first was as big as the sac which seemed huge and was scary but it eventually disappeared. I hope your spotting stops and your mind can be put at ease.

MrsFruitie - my story is similar to Weebles; when pregnant with DD I spotted for a few days and it was a Subchorionic Hematoma (SCH) and in my case turned out to be harmless.
Spotting can mean a number of things. I hope the spotting stops soon xx :hugs:

Fruitie I'm glad you are having another scan soon to check it out. Spotting is so scary. Sometimes there are harmless reasons for it, but it's tough going through it because you just don't know!

Fuitie I hope things clear up with the spotting. It really can be super scary and although I personally haven't had to worry about it I know a bunch of people who have and they have beautiful little ones despite the scare.

Yay Tulip for a good scan! Such an amazing thing getting past those milestones of sorts and knowing things are still going well.

AFM the last two days have been miserable. A headache that won't quit and this morning was nauseous beyond belief. I've been drinking a ginger herbal tea to help and even though I read consult a physician before drinking it I'm assuming it's good to go since there aren't any herbs I read on the ingredients that stand out as bad for babes. Go figure that the feeling like crap stage happens just as I get towards the end of the first trimester.

Thanks everyone!

I’ve been to a&e as still bleeding but they can’t do anything until the scan Friday morning, so have to wait it out. Scared and shaken!!

I’ll keep you posted on how it goes, right now I’m only thinking the worst and tying to mentally prepare myself for what’s found.

Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for the most positive outcome Fruitie :hugs:

Hoping things turn out for the better Fruitie, hang in there :hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear of the recent losses in our group. My sincerest wishes to Ebauerhaus, Lesondemavie, and Chickybaby for comfort during your grief and rainbows soon to come.

Fingers crossed for you MrsFruitie!

DH and I just returned from an awesome long weekend in NYC, book-ended with a night on each end at a friend's house near DC. We logged 33+ walking miles on my FitBit plus about 14 on bicycles around Central Park and along the Hudson. It felt so good to be active and capable after only a month of walking again! I'm glad to not be dealing with nausea, but the fatigue ended most of our days before dinner. I was falling asleep on the sightseeing bus, so we scrapped all evening plans and just maximized our days. We are already talking about going back in a few months!

The trip was a great distraction from my disappointing clinic visit last week. I appreciate all the responses and was reading daily, despite not being able to reply. I've come to terms with not getting to choose my OB and giving birth with whomever is at the military hospital that day. Waiting another 2-3 months for my first scan is still a touchy subject and my DH really grilled me on why I wanted an earlier one. He just doesn't get it, but I do have his support and believe there is a place not far from us where I can get a 5 minute scan for $25 at 9-13 weeks.

We have shared the great baby news with most everyone close to us by now. Only a few knew we were trying, so it was a big surprise to so many! I've decided that I'm comfortable with potentially having to share news of a miscarriage if that were to happen, because I want to celebrate baby every day that he or she is with us. It has actually put my mind at ease more having shared our pregnancy, as keeping it quiet felt like we were expecting the worst. I will not be sharing on social media, however, as I've really scaled back and now rarely post anything. I can't stand people that I haven't talked to in years commenting on my posts, but I don't have it in me to unfriend them, so now I just don't post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->