April Dewdrops 2019

I'm jealous that they booked you in at 18 weeks! They didn't even give me the option, just booked me in at 19. I'm hoping we don't see anything on the screen that would give away gender, but I don't know if I'll be able to look away! Kind of want to be surprised right at the gender reveal instead of knowing and everyone else finding out.

You can tell them before starting that you don't want to know gender! They could turn the screen away if they have that flexibility or tell you to close your eyes. You can do it!!!! Lol

Here they do the anatomy scan later, between 19+4 and 21 weeks. Don't know why it's different! I'll be 19+6 during mine.

I want to say they told me to schedule my scan between 20-22 weeks. I decided to go right in the middle at 21 hoping baby is big enough to see everything they need to without having to be in there forever or have to come back in. I know if it's too early they can have issues seeing everything. I'm curious to see whether or not they'll have me looking at the screen or not, they did this past time but we didn't discuss wanting to know gender. I'm thinking I should just say right away that we don't want to know. I feel that that's the minority these days.

Had my ob appointment today. Everything looks good. Baby boy is growing like a weed and was very active today. They had a hard time measuring heartrate because he would move everytime she tried. He was curled up in a ball. They scheduled my anatomy scan for Nov 20th also my next ob appointment the same day. Hope everything goes well then too. Each time I see the little guy I get a little more at ease that everything is going to be fine. Maybe soon I'll be fully comfortable that everything will be okay.
20181102_152250.jpg 20181102_152307.jpg 20181102_152255.jpg 20181102_152312.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful babe lexxi! Mine was curled up in a little ball too! I got to see the cutest little butt cheeks on my scan lol. I'm feeling like I can settle more into this pregnancy now that I have that last big scan behind me. A few more weeks to go until viability, that's the next big count down!

Beautiful Lexxi!

Weve officially signed up for prenatal classes - there are only 9 spots available in the local class run by Alberta Health Services, so we snatched up a spot while we could. Classes start Feb 4!

babyvaughan your shower plans sound really fun. Love the idea of just ladies in your PJ's
Our anatomy scan dates are a week apart. Praying that it shows baby is perfectly healthy and that your anxiety, given your history, will be manageable

Angel we'll be staying team :yellow: :yellow:
Sadly there are several ladies on the front who have suffered losses that are left unmarked...wasn't sure if you were going to mark a little :angel: next to them or not.
So sorry DH's schedule is hectic. Hopefully that means the next few weeks until your scan will feel like they fly by for you both though.
Yay for a prominent bump and baby kicks! Happy 18 weeks!!

Belle I'm not sure what you have available to you. For example Target offers a 15% coupon off anything left on your registry, I think they send it out around 36th week mark? unsure, but near the end. We no longer have Toys R Us or Babies R us but they offered something similar. And I know lots of mummas that rave about Amazon. Still so pleased for you that everything went well at your anatomy scan

Lexxii I think that nesting early thing can be pretty normal. Especially for those of us that stress over finances...or maybe not stress but are frugal.
Beautiful scan pics btw!
Happy 18 weeks lovely!

Lovely bump pic Jamiesmummy

Katie having visitors for months after seems exhausting. Especially if you're like me and feel the need to have things sparkly clean when hosting. Oh, that would drive me mad. Your idea of a few afternoon parties seems more manageable. I hope it helps curb the frequency of which you have visitors. How fortunate for the tech to have done a little more than a quick peek on baby. Glad all the major things are looking perfect

Eeek babyplease, only a few days and you'll soon know what you're having. Any inkling?

Oh my goodness counting. I absolutely LOVE the name you've chosen. <3 So pleased your older boys are enthralled with adding another little blue bundle

Hope I've not missed anyone, wasn't intentional if so.
Praying everyone is well!!

Thanks for the tips Tulip!

I just booked my prenatal class too. A full day Saturday in January. Things are starting to get real!

I've also officially told HR at work.

I've been starting to think about doing a Facebook announcement, was thinking maybe for the 20 week mark. Any good announcement ideas? Anyone else who hasn't announced yet?

I just booked my prenatal class too. A full day Saturday in January. Things are starting to get real!

I've been starting to think about doing a Facebook announcement, was thinking maybe for the 20 week mark. Any good announcement ideas? Anyone else who hasn't announced yet?

Exciting belle.
I announced at 12 weeks on Facebook... I just couldn’t keep my mouth shut lol. For my announcement I had my son hold a picture of the scan photo with a t-shirt saying ‘I’m going to be a big bro’ other cute ideas I have seen though are baby vests worded ‘ baby ‘surname’ coming April 2019.

How’s everyone doing? I’m currently on antibiotics for a bad urine infection. I hope it goes soon it’s very sore and uncomfortable. I remember getting frequent urine infections when pregnant with my son so the doctor reckons I’m just one of the unlucky ones that picks them up easily. I caved in and booked a private gender scan for the 13th November... I can’t wait. We are throwing a gender reveal party for my son and he cannot contain his excitement... he’s hoping for a brother, I would love a little girl but really doesn’t matter as long as baby is healthy.

Hope your all keeping well.

Thank you Tulip!

I just got asked to be a bridesmaid in a wedding 7 weeks after baby is born! I saw it coming as she was in my wedding and were close but I'm going to be swollen, with engorged boobs in a dress in front of hundreds of people. Not really something I want to do but I'm honored she wants me too, so I will. I'm also the odd one out as I breastfed my first til 18 months and everyone in my husbands family (her family too) formula feeds so that has me a little anxious but my husband is like a breastfeeding advocate so he will protect me from judgement educating them lol. I told her I would be honored but that I had to let her know I cant stay for the whole wedding as I'll be still healing from a C-section/nursing a newborn and having a toddler. I also don't want to stay for the after party because there will be lots of drinking and tons of people trying to touch/hold my newborn. I told her I would stay for the first dance, toast, and food but leave after. If that won't take from her day then I will be happy too! I'm just really dreading being in a dress so soon after baby lol I took me 6 months to loose my baby weight last time and that was for my own wedding!

Jamie, my last pregnancy I had reoccurring UTI's too! Not fun!

I'm on antibiotics for kidney infection as well but caught it early. My DH got to feel baby kick !

Cute announcement Jamies! Sorry to hear about all the UTIs going around. I've been lucky on that front so far.

Vaughan I can understand your worry about being in a dress in front of everyone so soon after having a baby. If your friend is understanding of the situation then hopefully she will pick a dress that isn't too revealing so that you can feel more comfortable.

Crow so exciting your DH got to feel baby kicks! How far along do you have to be till you start feeling those kicks externally?

Otherwise in happy news I got matched up with a midwife! In my area most people use OBs and there are a limited number of midwives, so you have to apply and it's not guaranteed that you will match up with anyone. I have my first appointment tomorrow! The reason I wanted to switch to mideife care is the appointments are longer and more personalized, and there is better after care when the baby is here, they do a few home visits which OBs wouldn't do. I'm stoked!

Belle I'm 20 weeks tbh I think it was just a lucky shot. The baby was kicking like nuts really low down so I just grapped his hand and he felt one really strong kick but not the others. On my first I'm sure it was around 24 weeks.

Tulip, I must have missed those who suffered losses unfortunately. I was MIA for so long I didn't realize I had missed them. I can try and go back through the thread and see what I can find. I will mark you as double for team yellow :)

So exciting to be matched with a midwife Belle! I love my midwife so much so far, they take that extra time with you which is definitely a change from my first pregnancy. The care is so much more personal I feel.

Hello everyone, I’ve been super quiet and absent from here for so long. My Hyperemesis has just taken over my life.

Been off work for 3 months now, still sick as ever and on 5 different medications.

Had another bleed at 13 weeks and they found a cervical polyp which I had removed (no more bleeding so far, keeping everything crossed).

Baby on the other hand is super active, every scan we’ve had it won’t be still haha. Appears to be developing as it should be so that’s great.

We went for a gender scan last week but they were unable to tell us one way or the other....going back on Thursday so hopefully we’ll find out!

Hope everyone is well and sending best wishes to everyone. Will update on Thursday! Xxx

babyvaughan your shower plans sound really fun. Love the idea of just ladies in your PJ's
Our anatomy scan dates are a week apart. Praying that it shows baby is perfectly healthy and that your anxiety, given your history, will be manageable

Angel we'll be staying team :yellow: :yellow:
Sadly there are several ladies on the front who have suffered losses that are left unmarked...wasn't sure if you were going to mark a little :angel: next to them or not.
So sorry DH's schedule is hectic. Hopefully that means the next few weeks until your scan will feel like they fly by for you both though.
Yay for a prominent bump and baby kicks! Happy 18 weeks!!

Belle I'm not sure what you have available to you. For example Target offers a 15% coupon off anything left on your registry, I think they send it out around 36th week mark? unsure, but near the end. We no longer have Toys R Us or Babies R us but they offered something similar. And I know lots of mummas that rave about Amazon. Still so pleased for you that everything went well at your anatomy scan

Lexxii I think that nesting early thing can be pretty normal. Especially for those of us that stress over finances...or maybe not stress but are frugal.
Beautiful scan pics btw!
Happy 18 weeks lovely!

Lovely bump pic Jamiesmummy

Katie having visitors for months after seems exhausting. Especially if you're like me and feel the need to have things sparkly clean when hosting. Oh, that would drive me mad. Your idea of a few afternoon parties seems more manageable. I hope it helps curb the frequency of which you have visitors. How fortunate for the tech to have done a little more than a quick peek on baby. Glad all the major things are looking perfect

Eeek babyplease, only a few days and you'll soon know what you're having. Any inkling?

Oh my goodness counting. I absolutely LOVE the name you've chosen. <3 So pleased your older boys are enthralled with adding another little blue bundle

Hope I've not missed anyone, wasn't intentional if so.
Praying everyone is well!!

I know!! Only 4 more days till our reveal!! I really think it's a boy, just based on intuition. My intuition was right with dd, so we'll see. I looked today with the little ultrasound machine at work, it's not for babies so it's not a great quality image. Little nugget was rolling all around in there. I got a look at the boy/girl area, but I couldn't really tell. :haha: serves me right for cheating. I definitely didn't see a hamburger, but I couldn't tell for sure if I saw a turtle or not. I should've taken a picture to post here for review. :haha:

I haven't "announced," but everyone knows. We just haven't done the social media thing. I only have instagram, so it's not a big deal for me. I think we'll take some pics of dd in her big sister shirt on Saturday along with gender reveal pics and do it all at the same time.

So exciting baby please!! Just a few more days!

Belle- Yes I'm hoping for a flattering style!

Crownnest- I'm sorry about your kidney infection I hope it clears up quickly!

Lola - I'm so sorry you are going through it! :( I hope it comes to an end soon!

No movement for me, my belly has popped out now to be noticeable. I was worried because I felt like with it being so big now I should feel something so I got my doppler out last night for reassurance and found his heartbeat right away! He is still really low, like at my c-section scar point yet my belly is popped out all the way to my belly button!

We picked out a name! His name will be Daxton James, and we will call him Dax for short!

We haven't announced. Don't plan on making an official announcement until the babies are here. Kind of figure that if you're part of our lives you'll know. We're still keeping it secret from friends and family that do know that we are having twins We hope they will find it a really wonderful surprise.
Pinterest has loads of really lovely announcement ideas Belle
I hope you'll share what you end up coming up with

Hope that the infection has cleared Jamiesmummy. Not long until your scan now :dance:

babyvaughan I hope that your friend is really understanding of which duties you can and can't fulfill comfortably as her bridesmaid. Love the name you've chosen.

How exciting crow! I always think it starts to feel more 'real' for our partners once they can feel babe from the outside. <3 Hope your kidney infection is clearing up as well hun. Happy half way as well!!

Oh Lola you poor dear :hugs:Sorry you've been so ill
Good luck today, hope baby cooperates!!

Love the name Babyvaughan!!

We found out that we are expecting a pink bundle, we’re so delighted. :pink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4