April Dewdrops 2019

Beautiful pictures! I'll try and add a few today too :)
Hope everyone is doing well x

Congratulations to everyone who has found out their babies gender!! Very jealous I still have 3 weeks to go until we find out although I’m sure it’s another girl.

Hope everyone is keeping well. I’m still sick and ended up in hospital the other day after passing out. Luckily both me and baby are fine :)

Sorry to hear that pink_bow. You've really not had the easiest time of it :( :hugs:

Lovely scan photos ladies!!

I am feeling super fatigued today, I have had a rough week between nausea and my health condition acting up again! I'm really hoping it all ends soon. I have the weekend off so I'm focusing on eating well and resting!

Sorry you passed out Pinkbow, I had a friend that did that several times her first pregnancy it was scary!!

Babyplease beautiful scan photo! Has the nausea let up for you any? I'm 16 weeks and still struggling. Vomited yesterday and today. Otherwise I am absolutely convinced that I'm having a girl. Like you'd I'd be shocked if it was a boy. But I would be happy either way! Are you waiting to find out what you're having?

We are going to schedule a sonogram to find out. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks. My nausea is much better, but not gone. It’s tolerable now though, thank goodness I feel more like myself. I’m 15w today.

Congrats on your gender scans guys!!! I can’t wait for mine.
Babyvaughn, that scan with him sucking his thumb is so cute. <3

I haven’t bought anything yet. I’ve put some things on a list on amazon but I want to know the gender first. Plus we are working on Christmas for dd right now so we’ll do baby stuff after that.

Thanks baby please, I thought that so adorable too!
We've got some clothes now but I wont plan to buy the bigger items until January or possibly Cyber Monday if there is amazing deals.
I'm really not sure what I want to buy. I had about everything with my first and so much was a waste. So I'm going to be more selective this time and then if I really feel i'm missing something I can always go get one! My baby shower last time everyone went crazy and bought me SO much stuff, literally my car was just stuffed it was very sweet. So I worry about buying to much ahead of that!

Hi ladies :hi:

Can I join you? Due 16th April so currently 15+5 and have been too scared to join a group until now! We were TTC for 5 years and had 2 losses so I've been so worried about jinxing things!

Hope you're all well and enjoying your pregnancies:baby:

Welcome Cara :wave: We'd love to have you join!

Congratulations counting! How are you feeling about it? I always thought being a boy mum was really special <3

Glad your nausea has eased babyplease

Will you be having another baby shower then babyvaughan?

Welcome Cara! So happy to have you join us!

I'm a bit over 17 weeks and I'm really noticing my bump popping. It's getting harder to hide with clothing!

I've given up on trying to hide my bump. It's out there for all the world to see :rofl:

Busy tulip I’ve been wondering the same thing about another shower!! I gather that you’re supposed to, but being my second go round I don’t especially want to. I don’t guess I especially wanted to with my first, I’m not really a party/gathering type person, so I really wish I could skip it this time but everyone insists!!! . Are you having one??

Congrats counting!!

Welcome cara.

Aww. I’m 15 weeks today and my bump is definitely popping out but It mostly still just looks like a fat roll that might or might not have a baby in it. :haha:

But it’s definitely coming out a bit faster than my first one did.

babyplease are you in the states? I think it's a regional type thing. Most of my family has southern values and it's considered rude to have a shower for more than just your 1st baby (with the exception of several years between your first and next child). But I've seen loads of people having a shower for every child with the thoughts that each one deserves to be celebrated. I've also hear of Baby sprinkles or 'sip and sees'. Which in all honestly I like the idea of a 'sip and see'. Basically you set up a block of time where you serve refreshments and hors d'oeuvres and friends and family can come see the baby during that time period. I like the idea of saying ok you can come see the LO on this day that way you don't have people dropping by at all hours on the daily. Though if I'm being completely honest I will probably be too exhausted to host anyone and am not really fond of parties like that either :haha: You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. I will still register, but that's mainly for the benefit of getting the large discount coupon that most places give. And with having to purchase 2 of a lot of the bulkier stuff (bouncers, car seats, etc.) it'll be nice to benefit with some savings.

I didn't realize there was a registration discount at some places, I'll have to look into that!

I live in western Canada and the etiquette around showers here is the same as what tulip described.

We will have a shower but I'm of mixed feelings on what to do. Whether I want something more traditional with just ladies and stupid shower games or something more relaxed where DH and the guys can come and it's more just an afternoon get together, drop-in style where people can come and go when they want. Not sure how to handle gift opening with something like that though

Where I live in the US everyone has baby showers even for there 4th kid. My last one I did not expect what I received it was quite overwhelming but very special at the same time. I could tell the excitement and love my family had for me and my family had. I think I received so much due to my long infertility battle everyone wanted us to have a baby so bad (took 4 years with my first and 3 years with my second).

My babies will be almost 4 years apart and its my last so I don't mind it. I don't expect it to be like my first one and if it ends up not happening I wont mind either. I'm trying to not have tons of stuff this time but I know my friends and family are very excited so I'm happy to let them spoil baby if they want too. One of my friends already bought baby clothes lol. Though I'm having two boys I don't have any baby or toddler stuff anymore. My sons a big kid and wears 4t/5t so that's all I have. So it will be nice and being my last I want them to feel as special as bigger brother!

I totally feel like I'm starting over and have no idea what to buy this time around, I think especially because I dont want to over buy and then at the same time I'm like well what if this baby is different lol.

For my shower the plan is a baby brunch were going to just have donuts (some frosted blue of course) yogurt bar where they can top it with fruit etc, and sparkling cider. Ladies only and everyone wear there favorite Pj's! I figured it will make it fun, simple and relaxed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->