April Dewdrops 2019

Congrats Lola!

Lovely name Vaughan!

I can't remember if I posted here, but I was matched up with a midwife and I'm really loving the more personalized care! I've also decided what to do for my announcement. I took a picture of a peperclip family (two big paper clips for mom and dad, a small paperclip in mom) and then 4 paperclips to the side that I put ears and tails on (bent metal) to represent our cats and dog. I made one of the cats fat because he's huge in real life lol. I'll post the picture next weekend when I'm 20 weeks along. Even DH admits the picture looks pretty cute!

IMG_20181107_171241.jpg

Update time! Squirt strikes again as one of the most stubborn, wiggly babies out there!

Baby is rather stretched out - they were moving the wand all the way from above my belly button to right next to my pelvic bone - Squirt had their legs stretched almost completely straight! The little bugger! We had a student doing our scan, and she was doing a great job aside from not describing what we were looking at. The tech came in after the student was done (she was taking quite a while to get everything, though not to the student's fault!) and we let her know we would like MIL to know gender but we didn't, so she turned off the TV hooked up to the U/S machine so the surprise wouldn't be ruined for Sunday.

I counted ten fingers and toes, and got to watch Squirt sucking their thumb as the tech is trying to get pictures of baby's hands. We did have to come back for a second time about half an hour later because Squirt wasn't co-operating for the profile picture, but eventually they got one.

Gender Reveal is on Sunday!

export--893610244.jpg

Very cute Belle!

Abe - I'm so glad you are able to get surprised as you hoped for! Can't wait for your announcement!!

I feel so bad but my mom helped me realize being in that wedding 7 weeks after my C-section nursing a newborn. 45 mins away from my husband is to overwhelming! The bride said we would be out there all day before the wedding hetting ready. I really needed my husband support last time through nursing as it was really painful and exhausting the first 3 months. Plus I don't want my baby exposed to so many germs all day. Where If we just attend the wedding I can hold him the entire time/baby wear and then leave whenever I want if I'm overwhelmed! The bride told me she completely understands. I'd rather say no then try to and then last minute not be able to because of my health or such! It was so hard saying no!

Massive :hugs: babyvaughan
You've really done well to be honest about what is best for you. I'm glad that your mum's advice gave you the strength and encouragement you needed in order to do so.

So exciting Abe, tomorrow is the day :dance:

Trying to keep up with everyone is difficult lol sorry if I have missed anyone, it’s not intentional.

Crow... that doesn’t sound good at all I hope your kidney infection has cleared up now.

Busy tulip... Thanks, I have finished antibiotics I have the doctors next week to check the infection has gone. I know I’m so excited for Tuesday. That’s lovely there’s something really nice about the surprise at birth... I wish I could I just don’t have the patience haha.

Belle... your photo is so cute!!

Abe... lovely scan, exciting that your gender reveal is tomorrow... looking forward to an update.

Baby Vaughan... sorry you feel like this, it must of been a really hard decision to make, but you have to do what’s right for you and your little one.

I’ve been trying to catch up in this thread as much as possible but probably missed quite a bit!

So nice to see everyone’s scan pics and see people’s bumps starting to show! I’m 17 weeks on Monday and think I just look fatter! (Already a size 16) .... I want to start seeing a visible and obvious baby bump! Anyone else not showing properly at 17 weeks plus?

Did I see somewhere that there is a Facebook page for those due in April? How can I find this?

Been so ill with sickness and lost a bit of weight but this is my scan pic! Could my due date be changed to 22nd April? An anyone tell if it’s a bit or girl from my scan pic?

8B09F755-C2DE-4EDB-BF09-FDB837E97534.jpeg

I can change the date Maple_Fairy. Lovely scan picture!

I have another appointment with my midwife on Monday, was supposed to be Wednesday but they changed it on me. I'm a little annoyed because I plan my appointments around work and them changing it screws all of that up. Plus the fact that they haven't filled out my FMLA paperwork. I love my midwife team but I'm a bit annoyed by it all. I know baby is doing well because he/she kicks me daily but being almost halfway is pretty awesome. I don't remember when they start seeing me every two weeks. Anyone remember from previous babies?

Vaughan it sounds like you're making a well thought through decision in regards to that wedding. I know it wasn't an easy decision :hugs:

Abe - your gender reveal party must be coming up later this afternoon! Can't wait to hear what you're having. Have fun!

Crow - sorry to hear about that kidney infection!

Maple - sorry to hear you're still feeling unwell. I'm still taking diclectin, but I can say I've noticed a noticeable reduction in the nausea at 19 weeks. Hopefully you're nausea will improve soon! Beautiful scan photo!

Angel - sorry to hear about the switch up in your appointments. That sure is frustrating!

AFM, I took the plunge and purchased a couple maternity items this weekend (one pair of pants, a pair of leggings and four tops). It was all half price, so I ended up saving $100. I'm so much more comfortable now! I have one last good friend that I'm telling about my pregnancy in person (I'm visiting with her tomorrow). I imagine it will be quite a surprise as I already have a bump at this point. I know it seems crazy that I've kept the pregnancy to myself for so long, but given my history with infertility, the thought of having to later explain a miscarriage if it were to happen, and having to take all the sympathy/pity, I couldn't stomach the thought. So I've kept it to myself till I felt comfortable sharing. Later this week I'll post the announcement on facebook (as I'll be 20 weeks).

Maple I don't think we've started a FB group yet. There was mention of once we got a bit further then possibly doing so...if I remember right.
Happy 17 weeks! Lovely scan photo. I'm really rubbish at guessing though :haha:

Jamiesmummy I hope the infection is completely cleared and that you're feeling better. Ahhhh 2 more sleeps!

Oh no AngelOb that is frustrating. I hope that they'll have your paperwork completed Monday at your appt. And I think it varies from practice to practice as well as how smoothly your pregnancy is going but usually somewhere in that 28-36 week mark they make the switch to fortnightly visits.

Belle I think your friend will be over the moon for you. Completely understand why you waited :hugs:

Anxious to hear how everything went Abe

Just got back from our gender reveal! We are team pink!!!!:pink:

Congratulations on your baby girl!
I'm sorry to hear everyone who is feeling under the weather from UTIs and such. Hope everything else is going well.

AFM 19 weeks today. Almost halfway there. Got my anatomy scan and glucose test coming up next week. Still waiting to feel baby boy move. There have been a few times where I thought maybe but idk if it was or if my mind was playing tricks on me. Lol. One day he will let me know if it is him for sure. I have started noticing a bump coming up. I'm sure people who don't know I'm pregnant probably couldn't tell. But me and my husband can tell and his mom says she can see it. But for some reason I'm not showing down there baby is, my bump is up above my naval, i dont think he is up that high yet but when i stand up thats where I look pregnant at. Idk. Maybe it has something to do with me being plus size or something. But hopefully my belly will pop out good one day and there will be no question.

Lexxi as your baby grows it pushes stuff like intestines up and out of its way. So the bump your seeing might be your intestines getting squished upwards. Pretty gross AND cool lol. Our bodies are amazing. Plus size does take longer to show, but if you're already able to notice a difference I'm sure in a few more weeks others will be able to as well!

Abe congrats on your girl! Your instinct was right!

Congrats Abe! Would love to hear how everyone reacted :)

Happy 19 weeks Lexxii! Good luck at your glucose test and praying everything looks great with baby boy

DH has been able to feel movements from the outside in the last few days :cloud9:

Congratulation's on your babygirl ABE!

I had a rough weekend with some upper right abdomen pains. I have had ongoing issues in that area since getting pregnant! My doctor ordered me a Gallbladder ultrasound a few weeks ago and thankfully it is tonight!

I have a really small bump. When I wear jeans you can't tell but I wore my maternity leggings with a fitted shirt today and a customer asked me when I was due! It didn't click right away and I just looked her confused and then I was like OH! April! lol

Good luck babyvaughan, please update when you get the chance. I've had a couple of friends that really struggled with their gallbladder while pregnant, I don't envy how uncomfortable you must be. And yay for showing enough that a stranger takes notice

Hope everyone is doing alright
Some of our ladies have been quiet for some time :hugs:

Maple, sorry your not keeping well hoping it improves for you soon. Lovely scan pic, I will guess boy but I really am not great at the whole gender guessing lol.

Abe, congratulations on your little princess.

Lexi, good luck with your glucose test, hope all goes well with your anatomy scan.

Busy tulip, aww that’s lovely your DH has been able to feel movement. There’s no greater feeling! I have had flutters at nightime the last few nights, at first I thought it was in my head just feels too early but they do say you feel your second quicker than your first.

Baby Vaughan, aw no, that doesn’t sound good, I hope you get on ok with your ultrasound.

My gender scans tomorrow... 1 more sleep!! So nervous, emotional and excited at the same time... hormones aren’t helping emotional mess this week!!
My dad died 3 years ago and it would of been his 71st birthday on Thursday... after he died I went to see a spiritualist who told me I would have another child and my dad was holding a photo of my son and a little girl... unsure if he meant the girl was my child or my very close friends little girl (he also spoke about) who was born not long after and was pictured with my son... I plan on having a little party for my son revealing the baby’s gender on Thursday what would of been my dad’s birthday.

Hope everyone’s keeping well.

Gender Reveal

I've linked the gender reveal from my instagram page if anyone wants to see it. Everyone was super excited, and DH and I were completely shocked. I had honestly thought that even though my gut feeling was a girl, based on DH's side of the family we were getting a boy. He has two other brothers and one sister, and of our 8 nieces and nephews 6 are boys. I love the look on his face when it first pops and it's pink.

My grandmother has said we are officially off of the Christmas list, and V is on it. This baby is going to be spoiled rotten :haha:

Congrats on having a girl Abe!

Sorry to here your having pains Babyvaughan I hope they manage to figure out what it is on your scan.

We had our 20 week scan today and everything looked perfect, feeling very relieved!20181113_151454.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->