• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April Dewdrops 2019

Hi Ladies please can I join you? I had an early ultrasound today due to previous MMC and we saw a tiny 5 week 2 day baby with a heartbeat!! I know i am not out of the woods yet but seeing a heartbeat has made me slightly less worried. Now the long wait for the 12 week scan!

Based on today's scan that puts me at an estimated due date of 8th April.

Are you ladies having any symptoms yet? X

Hi Happy and Gray! Excited for you both!

Today is 6 weeks for me. Next week, I'll set up my first OB appointment!

Belle I tend to think of midwifery care as being more personalized with less interventions, while OB care tends to be more formal and reliant on 'procedure'. MW's usually care for women who are at low risk, while OB's care for those that are high risk (not always, but generally speaking). Maybe visit with both and see what philosophy you are more drawn to.

Mrs Fruitie, that's lovely I met my DH when I was 17 <3

Welcome ab :hi: Your betas are incredible. Though your ticker is throwing me off-is that based off LMP and not dpo then?

EB how are you? Hopefully no more spotting?

Hope everyone is getting on alright.

Thanks Tulip!!

Omg I just had the MOST painful cramping after an orgasm ever. Like it made me want to vomit. It mostly subsided after a few minutes and I ran to the bathroom and didn't see any spotting. This seriously freaked me out though. Is this normal???

Morning all &#128522;

Belle- I haven’t experienced this myself but on looking it up found the below:

‘If you start cramping after sex, don't freak out. An hour or two of mild cramps isn't unusual because both orgasm and the prostaglandins in semen can cause uterine contractions’

Sounds very unpleasant, sorry you felt sick x

Hi Everyone We are due in April 2019 baby #2. We have a 6 year old. Based in the UK we're both 39. I'm not getting excited or actually admitting to myself or anyone else that this is happening yet. Its too early for me. We started trying in January and have had a MC and 2 CP. I feel a lot more PG than before so fingers crossed this one is a keeper.

It will be nice to chat with you girls along the way. Hope everyone is feeling fit and well and being kind to themselves
xx

Hi Popsy! Welcome to the April thread!

Belle: Oh jeez! That must have been so scary! Our OB has advised us no DTD for now just as an added precaution.

Hi Popsy79, Happyway, and Gray001!! Welcome to the thread! Once I have your due dates Popsy and Happy I'll add you to the first post.

Belle: cramping after orgasm is completely normal, I cramped all the way up until 2nd trimester every time last pregnancy. It's painful enough to make you think something is wrong, but everything is fine. I was assured by numerous providers that sex is NOT going to cause a MC unless you have cervical insufficiency which is rare, and even then, any exercise with that can cause a mc not just sex.

abennion I'm so sorry I didn't realize that I didn't say welcome or add you to the first post :blush: I've fixed that and now I'm saying welcome to the thread!

abennion I'm so sorry I didn't realize that I didn't say welcome or add you to the first post :blush: I've fixed that and now I'm saying welcome to the thread!

Thanks Angel!

With regards to a more fun name for the group, what about April Dewdrops?

Welcome Happy, Gray, and Popsy!
I love that our group is growing :dance:

Angel you're doing an amazing job keeping up with everything. Thank you so much :flower:

Hi Lovely Ladies!

Hope everyone’s doing ok today?

A couple of questions (from my first pregnancy first trimester worried brain)

A- has anyone taken a clear blue test that estimates weeks pregnant, and how did you find it? I’m 5 weeks but test said 2-3. I’m guessing as didn’t use FMU...

B- has anyone experience short sharp pains everyone on the right side of lower abdomen? They don’t last for more than a second but freaking me out! Am I stretching for baby or could it be ectopic?!

I’m such a worrier! Trying my best to enjoy the process but the smallest thing makes me panic!

Thanks xxx

Hi Lovely Ladies!

Hope everyone’s doing ok today?

A couple of questions (from my first pregnancy first trimester worried brain)

A- has anyone taken a clear blue test that estimates weeks pregnant, and how did you find it? I’m 5 weeks but test said 2-3. I’m guessing as didn’t use FMU...

B- has anyone experience short sharp pains everyone on the right side of lower abdomen? They don’t last for more than a second but freaking me out! Am I stretching for baby or could it be ectopic?!

I’m such a worrier! Trying my best to enjoy the process but the smallest thing makes me panic!

Thanks xxx

I haven't used the clear blue digis, but they do measure from time of implantation, not LMP, so if it says 2 you're actually closer to 4, potentially 5 if you O'ed later. It is a quantitative mid stream test, so it sees how much HCG in in your urine to determine how many weeks you are.

I've been getting those for the past week and a half! It's just baby growing, and completely normal. I've read it can be from moving funny - your uterus is in the process of expanding to make room for your little one. If you're worried, you can always check in with your doctor :)

Congrats, and a healthy and happy 9 months!

Angel thanks so much, I freaked out last night and had a mini panic attack after those cramps :haha:

I love the name April Dewdrops! That has my vote :)

I took one of those CB digits at 4 weeks and it said 2-3 weeks as well, I think that basically means you're 4-5 weeks along, or that your HCG is under 2000 or something like that which is pretty normal for 5 weeks.

Fruitie I had lots of mild cramping from 3-5weeks, sometimes it was at one side, sometimes the other side, often it was all over. I know it's hard not to worry that it's ectopic. I keep reminding myself that ectopic pregnancies while they happen are still a fairly rare occurrence unless you know that your tubes are in a compromised condition.

Thanks Abenn and Belle. This is a great help!

The clear blue being from implantation makes perfect sense.
I know when I ovulated but I did implant quite late on (it was a painful one!) so it fits perfectly with what you have explained Abenn.

Thank you both for reassuring me on the old sharp pains. I’m sure it’s just my uterus expanding but honestly the smallest thing and I panic!

I like April Dewdrops also &#10084;&#65039;

Those sharp pains are scary but usually it's stretching (round ligament pain). It hurts like a biiiitch. I remember them from last time but getting them earlier on this pregnancy. I'm careful about not making any sudden moves or getting up too quickly.

Lots of nausea here. Like all day. I'm in graze mode and stocked my pantry with known foods & drinks that help. Wish me luck -.-

I changed the name to April Dewdrops, I think that's super cute. I'm cramping still but nothing severe and my appetite is definitely still increased. Not feeling too much else symptom wise but according to my DH my mood swings have been absolutely horrendous (and when I think about it he's right). Taking that as a good sign even though he has to deal with me :haha:

Yay for April Dewdrops &#10084;&#65039; Very cute!

Angel I’ve suffered the mood swings too. I’ve found I’ve not realised I was having them until hours after when DH told me how bad it was.

2 days ago I was laughing in the supermarket and 20 seconds later crying because DH said I couldn’t get 2 packs of yogurts (I don’t even like yogurt that much?!) then I was furious with him for breathing ‘like a murderer’... poor sod! He must love me to still be there &#128514;

X

AngelOb, Hi, thank you for the group!

My due date should be in mid april, i have my first OB/GYN appointment on Aug 30. Very long wait!!
I am in 6th week now, but i don't feel any different, so much that i forgot to take my prenatals yesterday night :wacko:
Just some burps and 2-3 extra trips to pee.

Told parents and sister yesterday:cloud9:

Oh how did that go Happy?
Has anyone else shared their news? if not when will you? any special ways of announcing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->