April Dewdrops 2019

I have my 25 weeks check up tomorrow which I’m excited about to see how it goes but I feel like my doctor and I haven’t bonded yet and I feel like it’s too late for that too, she’s more of an in and out person with a smile here and there. But I’m definitely starting to feel the nesting coming my way but I got lucky to be given so much clothes which I’m set for 0-3 months and that took some stress off my shoulders. My baby boy is moving so much!!! I also haven’t been throwing up as much anymore which I’m so thankful for I think peanut butter might be the trick, weird because I hate peanut butter too! lol My back hurts here and there, it’s not an every day thing yet but my boobs have grown so much that it’s a little overwhelming for me. It feels like my baby is always leaning or just hanging out on my right side of the stomach which I’ll feel pressure and I feel the need to slant to the left a little and that helps.

Hickory sounds like you have lots to look forward to! I need to get around to planning my shower (if I want one) oy.

Lindaa glad peanut butter is doing the trick for you! I still have nausea on days when I'm feeling run down or tired.

I'm suffering from a cold over here and I've discovered that pregnancy colds are worse than man colds for three reasons:
1. Colds seem to last longer during pregnancy due to weaker immune function
2. You can't take any cold medicine
3. You pee your pants when you sneeze

Hickory sounds

I'm suffering from a cold over here and I've discovered that pregnancy colds are worse than man colds for three reasons:
1. Colds seem to last longer during pregnancy due to weaker immune function
2. You can't take any cold medicine
3. You pee your pants when you sneeze

I know it sucks I never get colds and I can't shake this one. I have learned my pelvic floor is stronger than I thought though must be all the physio

Sorry you have a cold too crow! It seems like I catch everything that goes around these days. Lame!

I've been doing my kegels! Lol and I've been back at the gym last two weeks as well, hopefully the combo will help strengthen things back up!

I've learned it's not just when you're sick! :haha:
Sadly, it's 1000% worse when you have drainage and get choked on it and start coughing and almost puking up the mucus. Practically needed a diaper myself. Lol. Glad everyone else is stresing over getting everything ready. I feel like I'm the only one worried about how much has to be done before he gets here. Just had my final complete anatomy scan today. They had issues getting all the right images before apparently and sent me to a bigger facility to get better images. They also finally got a 3d image. He was stubborn yesterday and crossed his arms in front of his face to hide it. And they said he is already got a little hair. I had no clue you could see hair on ultrasound. Lol. Getting more excited to meet him. He is definitely going to be stubborn though. Lol. He weighs 2lb6oz. Perfectly on track. Hope everyone is doing good.

20190110_163527.jpg 20190110_163600.jpg 20190110_163611.jpg

Last edited:
Such sweet scan photos lexxi!

DH and I hired a doula today! I'm very excited! Anyone else planning to use a doula?

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and new year and hope your all keeping well. I took ill on Christmas Eve with a cold/flu type bug was proper gutted as was looking forward to Christmas dinner and didn’t enjoy it at all. Almost 3 weeks later and it’s still lingering but feel a lot better. Not been on here a lot last few weeks as i’ve got my mum over at mines just now (she lives in Spain) so we don’t see a lot of each other so we have been spending time together going baby shopping which has been really nice. My pram is ordered and have lots of bits and bobs for baby,

I’m 25 weeks now and baby’s movements have been getting a lot stronger and following a pattern, I was a little concerned last
weekend as the pattern of movement had changed and baby was being really quiet so I phoned the hospital and was fobbed off with your too early to be feeling a pattern baby is still small. They totally disregarded my concern so I phoned my own midwife who wasn’t in but the midwife standing in for her agreed to see me and check baby over. So on Monday went for a check up heard his heartbeat and was measured for the first time and measuring 3 weeks ahead.

Cant believe we are all nearly in the third trimester some already there.

Belle, Yes I had a cold once with each pregnancy and they lingered on FOREVER it was terrible!

Jamie - Glad baby is okay! They don't do movement kick counts until 28 weeks at my clinic but I understand your worries Ive had a few days he wasn't as active and it worried me! My hospital will see us though anytime past 20 weeks so I have that as a back up if I ever need assurance.

I went baby shopping finally! I bought some pj's, a blanket, breast pads, I order a hakka breast milk collector thing. I'm working on my nursery plans right now. My mom surprised me with the stroller/carseat combo I wanted and that really made it start to sink in I am about to be a mommy of two!

I haven't been able to workout or anything because my health got so bad. We went for a walk today and wow it hurt. I had round ligament pain non stop! I have also had braxton hicks too!

Hi ladies,
Quick update from me. I've been absent from the forums a bit apart from my own journal because I've been dealing with a lot of stuff.
I'm most likely headed for a planned C-section for my boy as he is large for gestational age (abdomen circ. measuring P99.8 and head circ is at P100), meaning it's too risky for me to deliver vaginally again after a complicated delivery of my DD, who was also LGA.
I am currently working on the psychological fall-out from that delivery (diagnosed with PTSD, seeing a psychologist, doing EMDR) and it hasn't been smooth sailing lately. But I've got people in my corner, have a great relationship with my gynecologist (my care will be handed over to her at around 36 weeks), and I'm doing better knowing that a plan is forming.
I hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still reading here and there, sympathizing and rooting for everyone to have a smooth pregnancy.
xx

So sorry, Katie!

Took a trip to l&d tonight after I hadn't felt baby girl moving a whole ton throughout the day. Sitting here hooked up to the monitors and of course as soon as they have me hooked up she starts kicking away! Just waiting to see the doctor, as my blood pressure was high coming in (141/75). So, well see what they say.

Hopefully your blood pressure was just high because of nerves abe. Glad your baby girl is kicking away!

I've been feeling kicks to the ribs more often lately, they're quite uncomfortable! Anyone else dealing with this?

So sorry to hear your having a hard time Katie , I'm glad to hear you have support and people around you who can help.

I was in for reduced movements this week as well but just as the moniters where strapped on he did a big turn and started kicking the monitors off. He is usually so active and i hadnt felt him move at all in 12 hours everyone reassured me I did the right thing coming in and where quick to say if it happens again to come in. The bonus was they did a scan because I'm being monitored for growth my belly measured 27 weeks but baby was measuring 30 weeks and plenty of fluid.

I'm glad you went in to get checked out crow! Doesn't hurt to get looked at!

Just waiting to see the doctor, as my blood pressure was high coming in (141/75). So, well see what they say.

I'm sure, or at least I hope, your blood pressure spiked because of situation at hand. I'd get worked up too if I didn't feel baby for a good while. But I'm glad baby girl started kicking! Never hurts to get yourself checked out.

I've been feeling kicks to the ribs more often lately, they're quite uncomfortable! Anyone else dealing with this?

Not the ribs yet (baby boy's head down but has his feet planted in my side) but I had regular rib kicks with DD. She even bruised them at one point, couldn't sit up for a week LOL. Sorry.

So sorry to hear your having a hard time Katie , I'm glad to hear you have support and people around you who can help.
I was in for reduced movements this week as well but just as the moniters where strapped on he did a big turn and started kicking the monitors off. He is usually so active and i hadnt felt him move at all in 12 hours everyone reassured me I did the right thing coming in and where quick to say if it happens again to come in. The bonus was they did a scan because I'm being monitored for growth my belly measured 27 weeks but baby was measuring 30 weeks and plenty of fluid.

Thank you xx
You definitely did the right thing. Movement is so important. I am relieved for you that he started moving.
I'm also glad your scan went well. I hope they'll continue to monitor both baby's growth and your amnio levels!

Totally what happened, Katie! I was a little miffed that they only took my blood pressure once in the three and a half hours we were there, and even the doctor seemed surprised they hadn't checked it more frequently when he saw the numbers. He checked himself one more time before discharging us, but thankfully I had come down at that point to 122/65.

Just like you, crow, all of the nurses kept reassuring me that even though she was kicking up a storm at the hospital, it was a good thing to come in and get checked out if I was worried. They said to come back at any time if I have any more concerns.

I'm hoping to get a scan today during my GD appointment to see how baby is doing. It's a two hour appointment, most likely to go over how to use a glucose monitor, and diet, etc; DH is going to meet me up at the hospital and we'll go from there.

Totally what happened, Katie! I was a little miffed that they only took my blood pressure once in the three and a half hours we were there, and even the doctor seemed surprised they hadn't checked it more frequently when he saw the numbers. He checked himself one more time before discharging us, but thankfully I had come down at that point to 122/65.

Yay! I'm glad your BP turned out to be fine. That's right though, very weird that they wouldn't check it again sooner. Glad the doctor decided to double check!

I'm sorry to hear you have GD though. But it was caught relatively early and that means you can work with it and try and get it under control. It's a small comfort but I'm really just glad for you that they found out at this stage as opposed to way later (which is what happened to me with DD).
You've got this! Good luck at your appointment!
I'm due for another (my third this pregnancy) OGTT next week.

Abennion - Glad it was just due to stress. I have pregnancy high blood pressure with my first. They never did anything about it but it was in my chart for them to watch this time!? Makes no sense! Except I'm having low blood pressure they believe to my anemia!

I had my appointment on friday. I'm measuring right on track for my weeks so despite feeling huge I guess I'm normal! I'm now on the 3rd trimester high risk schedule which means every two weeks for now until I believe 34 weeks then its weekly! I have a recheck on babies kidney condition/growth this week to be sure my medication I have to take for my chronic illness isn't effecting his growth! I also have to do my glucose test in 2 days!

Vaughan, looks like I'm joining you on the high risk bandwagon - my sugars are starting to get out of control. I've got my follow up with the Diabetes in Pregnancy clinic on Friday, and they are already aware of the high sugars (called them yesterday to discuss them). I've got another appointment on Monday to meet with the endocrinologist to look at going on insulin at the very least for my fasting sugars, possibly for meals as well.

I'm going to have to sit down with my manager at some point to look at reducing my hours down to possibly 4 days a week so that I can fit appointments in instead of taking numerous half-days off of work. I'm worried we are going to owe money to the company by the time I start mat leave! If she can't accept the 4 day week, I may have to start mat leave early. The amount of appointments from here on out is only going to get worse.

In other news, my grandparents surprised us with tickets to go see them out east once V is here! We'll be spending a week in a small town; DH is a bit nervous about it, but I'm not. It's going to be great seeing them again - I haven't seen them since they moved out there two years ago!

That's a lot of appointments Vaughan!

Abe same for you! How nerve wracking that you may need insulin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->