April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

I agree about the clippers! I just used a nail file the first week.. much safer!

And you girls are so prepared!! I have my shower in 2 weeks and I'll pack my bags afterwards so we can include anything gifted to us. Jeesh after I get past my shower she'll be here.. I can't believe it! These next two weeks I really need to cherish.. but I can't get myself to think of ANYTHING but baby, baby, baby! Lol I am so pre-occupied these days. As I sit here in the middle of work, supposed to be running a report, but typing this instead- LOL!

Nice to know about the nail clippings. I already have our hospital bags in the car. I am a little to excited :)

Today we got stuff for when we do our sons circumcised like vaseline and unscented baby wipes.

This weekend we are going to get a few boy clothes since all I have is neutral. Not going to get newborns though as much chunky monkey has been consistent with weight gain with each scan and now is measuring 6 lbs 1 ounce at 36+3

The only thing I have to grab is a pillow and hair brush as I only have one and I am ready to go to the hospital :)

You gals are so prepared! I have almost everything washed..one more small load this weekend of things we received at my last shower last week. Baby's bag is packed bit haven't started on mine or DH's yet! Went to doctor and progressed to 2 cm and still 50% effaced so its some progress! Getting so excited!

Holy swollen extremities!

I went to a training class today at work and looked down and my feet and lower legs are swollen like I've never seen. In fact, I'm 37 weeks and haven't noticed too much extra swelling. But at that moment my ankles and hands were feeling really weird and they were just ballooned out like crazy. They are still real swollen 3 hours later, so I guess when I get off work I'll go home, drink lots of water, and prop my feet up and see if that will help! And I'll def mention it to my Dr at my appt tomorrow.

This weekend we are going to get a few boy clothes since all I have is neutral. Not going to get newborns though as much chunky monkey has been consistent with weight gain with each scan and now is measuring 6 lbs 1 ounce at 36+3

My lil boy was 6.4 at 34+5....he was 4 pounds at 29+6 lol...But I still bought a pack of newborn the tech said you would be surprised at how lil they still are even tho they arent considered "little" BUT I only bought one pack...the rest are 0-3 months!

I went to a training class today at work and looked down and my feet and lower legs are swollen like I've never seen. In fact, I'm 37 weeks and haven't noticed too much extra swelling. But at that moment my ankles and hands were feeling really weird and they were just ballooned out like crazy. They are still real swollen 3 hours later, so I guess when I get off work I'll go home, drink lots of water, and prop my feet up and see if that will help! And I'll def mention it to my Dr at my appt tomorrow.

Not to be that person that freaks out about everything, but my doc said if you have sudden swelling to call immediately. Do not wait overnight. It's probably nothing but could be a sign of preeclampsia. Or if you can at least check your blood pressure somehow to make sure it's in the normal range. Preeclampsia freaks me out, so I'm super cautious about it lol Either way, I hope the swelling calms down!

Just a heads up the girls I've heard who had babies around 6lbs are swimming in their newborn outfits. You still have time though, so you may not need them...

We have all of our baby items washed except a few things I just got. No bags packed yet, but a list is made...With twins I could go early, so I should probably get on top of that! lol

Not to be that person that freaks out about everything, but my doc said if you have sudden swelling to call immediately. Do not wait overnight. It's probably nothing but could be a sign of preeclampsia. Or if you can at least check your blood pressure somehow to make sure it's in the normal range. Preeclampsia freaks me out, so I'm super cautious about it lol Either way, I hope the swelling calms down!

Just a heads up the girls I've heard who had babies around 6lbs are swimming in their newborn outfits. You still have time though, so you may not need them...

We have all of our baby items washed except a few things I just got. No bags packed yet, but a list is made...With twins I could go early, so I should probably get on top of that! lol

I have newborn outfits in neutral. Just don't want to buy a lot of newborns and baby won't even wear it. So I will get gender specific in 0-3 months+ and only buy 2-3 newborns outfits

My boy was in newborn size for at least 2 months and he was 7.4lbs lol

I geez. If I need more I will buy more but summer is right around the corner. I am excited to go shopping for boy stuff. I may actually take a walk today and see if they have anything at our shopping center on post. We plan on diving to another base tomorrow as they have a huge selection.

I have a question though.
Yesterday doctor did an examine on me at 12 and around 430 I had a tinge of red blood in my mucus and some was stretchy. I had to make an appointment and he said it was normal after examination. I didn't have any more after that.
It's 1030 next day in the morning here and I think I had plug with blood come out with it. I wiped 4 times and each time some what I think is my plug came out with a tinge of blood. Do you thing it's my bloody show or just from the examination. I been have braxon hicks all day yesterday and last night some of them was with slight cramping and also this morning.

Due Easter Sunday, April 20th! Nesting is kicking in, cleaning, preparing. Just got bassinet from my parents attic. Washing baby clothes, wrap, car seat cover this weekend. Starting to think about hospital bag. Gotta see if breast pump still works.

I geez. If I need more I will buy more but summer is right around the corner. I am excited to go shopping for boy stuff. I may actually take a walk today and see if they have anything at our shopping center on post. We plan on diving to another base tomorrow as they have a huge selection.

I have a question though.
Yesterday doctor did an examine on me at 12 and around 430 I had a tinge of red blood in my mucus and some was stretchy. I had to make an appointment and he said it was normal after examination. I didn't have any more after that.
It's 1030 next day in the morning here and I think I had plug with blood come out with it. I wiped 4 times and each time some what I think is my plug came out with a tinge of blood. Do you thing it's my bloody show or just from the examination. I been have braxon hicks all day yesterday and last night some of them was with slight cramping and also this morning.

My doc and nurses told me after every check I could have red or pink spotting which is normal. I have no idea if that is what you're having so a call to the nurse isn't a bad idea but that would be my guess. My doc said the bloody show would be more blood than I would expect but not running down my leg or a large amount, just a bit more than spotting. Hope this helps :hugs:

I was told about the same as Brenn- that there could be spotting after an internal exam but anything more is something else.

Thank you girls. That's is a better explanation. Just didn't think it would run into today. :) very helpful to understand if I do have a bloody show

Woke up numerous times in the night with period-like cramping. Trying to take it super easy for the next 3 days! I need to make 37 weeks for the birthing centre, and will be soooo annoyed if I can't go because of a few days like last time! So will be lazing around as much as my toddler and preschooler will let me :haha:

Also we just bought our car seat! First purchase! And I washed some clothes so I have stuff ready to throw in a bag once labour starts :thumbup:

Hope you make it! That would stink to miss by only a few days!!
I was up last night with pains as well.
Thankfully, I have an appt this afternoon, so we'll see if I actually made any progress or anything. I think I walked too much last evening - I typically walk during my kids soccer practices but last nights ran over by about 20 min and I kept going. I ended up walking for nearly 2 hours! I felt fine then, but once I got home, not very well. I took a long soak in an Epsom salt bath which helped, but I was up all night.

We're ready over here! Everything is washed and put away, and my bag is packed (minus a long skirt I'll wear home, but I like to wear it now so I'll just throw that in last minute).

Did everyone set up the little stuff like swing, pack n play, etc? I kept them in their boxes so they wouldn't get dusty, thinking my hubby could set them up right before we come home from the hospital, but now I am thinking I'd like to get them out in a week or so...

Woke up numerous times in the night with period-like cramping. Trying to take it super easy for the next 3 days! I need to make 37 weeks for the birthing centre, and will be soooo annoyed if I can't go because of a few days like last time! So will be lazing around as much as my toddler and preschooler will let me :haha:

Also we just bought our car seat! First purchase! And I washed some clothes so I have stuff ready to throw in a bag once labour starts :thumbup:

We have the same due date and I am trying to hold out too. Today I woke up so sore like I did squats and I didn't. Also I had cramping so I been in bed. I really want a water birth and you have to be full term for it 37 weeks. So Monday I will start my eviction Monday :) stairs squats and sex at night. Hopefully it works

Hope you make it! That would stink to miss by only a few days!!
I was up last night with pains as well.
Thankfully, I have an appt this afternoon, so we'll see if I actually made any progress or anything. I think I walked too much last evening - I typically walk during my kids soccer practices but last nights ran over by about 20 min and I kept going. I ended up walking for nearly 2 hours! I felt fine then, but once I got home, not very well. I took a long soak in an Epsom salt bath which helped, but I was up all night.

We're ready over here! Everything is washed and put away, and my bag is packed (minus a long skirt I'll wear home, but I like to wear it now so I'll just throw that in last minute).

Did everyone set up the little stuff like swing, pack n play, etc? I kept them in their boxes so they wouldn't get dusty, thinking my hubby could set them up right before we come home from the hospital, but now I am thinking I'd like to get them out in a week or so...

Eeek, I did this with my puppy. I like to take our dog out for a walk when it's nice out ( used to take him out every day before the winter weather kicked in! ) and we normally go so far. Did it afew days ago we took a walk since it was so lovely out and came home feeling just so unpleasant. Probably the best time in a long time. @_@ Short walks for me now. D:

I've had the swing, pack and play and other stuff all set up since about 16 to 20 weeks. :haha: After we hit the zone where we felt "safe" is when we got everything set up. Perhaps I got overly excited there. :3 Even had his clothing washed as soon as we got them. >_O!

Really just gotta do his bottles/nipples once we get the breastpump.

Appt today. 37 + 1. I gained 9 freaking lbs in ONE week! The nurse was kind of freaking out, but the Dr said if ive started swelling, then its all water weight. I haven't gained 10lbs even at a monthly appt thjs entire time! So yea im not happy. I feel like a balloon :( she also said that I am 2-3cm and cervix is soft but a little long still and baby is almost fully engaged. She said if I started having contractions that my cervix is soft enough that she'd come. Dr does have me doing a 24 hr urine analysis to check for protien just in case since my blood pressure was the tiniest bit higher than usual. But she really doesnt seem overly concerned.

Guess I'll keep doing my walking at night and hope that moves me along a little more. Bc too muxh more will/should have me in labor!

Only a few more days to hold that baby in!! So exciting :flower:

i'm officially fullterm today (yah!) but I am so utterly not prepared for this one. Still planning on working for another week (I have a lot to finish up), plus install the car seat, pack my hospital bag (yikes! really need to do that) and get the basinette, etc. set up...I'm hoping I can hold off having baby for another 7-10 days.

We've done nothing to set up, but I figure I still have at least 5 weeks to procrastinate! Actually, the one thing I really need to do is go through the bins and bins of baby clothes I have and take out newborn boy and newborn boy to wash and have ready just in case. Once we know what gender baby is I'll wash and pull out the rest.

Other than that, we still have most things set up from DS! Oh wait, I need to stock up on Newborn diapers... sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->