April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

I am getting so tired and a bit annoyed at the false labor.

My husband jokingly pokes my belly and tells our son to "behave" and I'm like, "It's not our son, it's my stupid uterus!!"

But seriously, I want to walk and do things around the house in my remaining time left but the constant BHs zap all of my energy and all I end up doing is lying in bed all day like a lazy bum. I didn't know BH contractions could be so draining :shrug:

I'm due with my little girl April 16th! Love reading the birthing stories from you ladies.
I'm beginning to get very impatient though.
I had some cramping and bh contractions were getting painful, but now nothing. My ob isn't particularly helpful either. Being a ftm I really have no idea what signs to watch for.

I'm due with my little girl April 16th! Love reading the birthing stories from you ladies.
I'm beginning to get very impatient though.
I had some cramping and bh contractions were getting painful, but now nothing. My ob isn't particularly helpful either. Being a ftm I really have no idea what signs to watch for.

I'm 16th April too!! Full term as of Tomo!! I'm ready any day now too. Haven't had any signs yet but it might just start spontaneously I guess!!

I am getting so tired and a bit annoyed at the false labor.

My husband jokingly pokes my belly and tells our son to "behave" and I'm like, "It's not our son, it's my stupid uterus!!"

But seriously, I want to walk and do things around the house in my remaining time left but the constant BHs zap all of my energy and all I end up doing is lying in bed all day like a lazy bum. I didn't know BH contractions could be so draining :shrug:

I could have written this! My BH just kicked in the last couple days but I have them all day long now. And cramping too. I'm exhausted.

Congratulations Sun! Can't wait to see pictures!

39 weeks today and ready to meet our LO! Had really good BH's, cramping, pressure etc over the weekend. TMI, but have been having more BM's over the last few days and was hoping it meant that things were getting ready....and then today...nothing! Sigh... next appointment is tomorrow and I'm hoping to have progressed some. I've been dilating a cm a week for the last couple so hoping tomorrow I'm at a 4 and that by the end of the weekend there is a baby in my arms! I think I'm going to take a nice long walk this afternoon and see if I can encourage this along any ;)

Hope everyone is feeling well and that we have some more babies here soon!

Congrats Sun, brilliant news. Enjoy your LO :)

My BH have started, woke up a few times in the night with pains, hooefully it'll be soon! Xx

Congratulations :D

Your the same due date as me! Easter day babies :D

Eee yay :happydance: how you feeling? I have my 36 week MW appointment this morning I'm hoping he will be engaged because it feels like Im walking with a bowling ball down their :haha:

Im starting to find it a little painful now too. Cant remember it being like this with DD. Been getting alot of cramping in my tummy too but nothing major. How did today go? X

I'm due on the 27th April however because i have gestational diabetes they have told me they will induce 20th April if he hasnt come sooner. I am totally ready for work to end now though...still got until the 11th April!

Eee yay :happydance: how you feeling? I have my 36 week MW appointment this morning I'm hoping he will be engaged because it feels like Im walking with a bowling ball down their :haha:

Im starting to find it a little painful now too. Cant remember it being like this with DD. Been getting alot of cramping in my tummy too but nothing major. How did today go? X

All was well, baby is 3/5th engaged or something like that, i find the whole engagement thing so confusing lol. im having the cramping too, im getting BH's this time too which i never had with my first. Hopefully we wont have much longer to go :happydance: x

All was well, baby is 3/5th engaged or something like that, i find the whole engagement thing so confusing lol. im having the cramping too, im getting BH's this time too which i never had with my first. Hopefully we wont have much longer to go :happydance: x

I can't remember the BH with DD either, so this time having all these aches and pains is rather strange. DD was 10 days over due so hoping that we are earlier than that! God i think i would cry if i go over due again. Don't understand the engagement either, all i know is that dont matter how much engaged you are you could be nearly fully engaged for weeks and still no baby just in a heck loads of pain from all the ligaments. Went to the Doctors yesterday because i have had 2 dizzy spells since Saturday so wanted to check that my BP was ok, he said i have a slight bit of low BP but nothing too major and said its usual for a person late in pregnancy its the high BP that they worry about more. He tried to tell me to put my feet up and relax as im doing to much, which yeah maybe i do but having a nearly 2 year old to chase around after it is extremely hard to find time to relax. Apart from this time of the day when she goes down for her nap and sleeps for 2 hours. Peeeeaaaace <3

Well went to my workout group this morning...one of the girls joked around saying I'm going to put myself into labor (they all are very surprised that I'm still working out), and another girl commented on how much lower my belly looked. Between working out and DTD this morning, I was hoping there would be some sign that things may happen soon! Although at my checkup today I was only 1cm dilated, and no engagement, yet. I wonder if it's possible to 'drop' without baby actually becoming engaged, yet? I didn't think to ask my dr that today.

I'm in the same boat, Dani! I had an appointment yesterday and the OB said I'm 1cm and the baby is "floating," which is a nice way of saying not at all engaged!! She told me a lot of women don't engage until labor begins, so I'm not too worried. She also told me that after having kids we walk around at 1cm all the time. :dohh: I was actually a little bit relieved, since I've been having MEGA braxton hicks, and I'd like to keep this baby in until 38 weeks if possible.

I'm working out still too, but not as hard as it seems you are! I do an hour of pilates every other day and walk 20 minutes on the treadmill on the "off" days. I'm convinced pilates helped my other labors be speedy, so even though I'm exhausted I do it anyway! It's starting to get harder, though. Some things they do are really awkward now with a giant belly. :haha:

Here I was feeling so cocky about my UTI going away and my SPD not being *too* bad - I thought I was finally getting some energy! But nope! I've been such a good sleeper this pregnancy, but that is well and truly gone now! Waking DH up with my grunting when I have to roll over, I have a pillow either side and in between legs, and a curved heat bag (not heated) under my bump, because my spd paid is right along under the bump and hips - my sacroiliac joint dysfunction is causing my hip/leg joint agony, but I can't stop trying to clean! I NEED to sweep!

I've been having more pains in general too, and this is the first time I've thought maybe he will come before due date as opposed to late, like DD. I am still weighing up elective vs VB so these pains are rushing me and making me more stressed knowing I have to pick soon!

As of last appointment, the MW had no real idea on his position, she thinks (which is what I thought initially) that he is between head down and transverse, and his head is pointing between my left hip and where he's meant to be, which is causing me so much pain when on left side - it feels like he is trying to engage into my hip!

Not long to go. not long to go. not long to go. :sad1:

Baby Marlee Rayne arrived last night at 810.....or so. Its a pretty wild birth story. I was 38+5.

Went to the hospital at 3pm on the 25th BC I thought my waters might be leaking. Had it confirmed as there was a big gush as soon as I sat on the exam table. I was admitted and immediately started having contractions. Was just over 3cm and 50% effaced at admission. They put me on the lowest dose of pitocin BC my waters had been broken since early in the morning while I slept so they wanted to move things along. At 5 my Dr came and checked on me and I was 5cm and 80%. Contractions were strong and painful and epidural came soon after. Around 630 I was checked again and had gone to 6cm. Around 750 the nurses came in bc the monitor was not picking up baby's heartbeat. The two of them searched for 10 mins. They weren't worried and assured us not to be either. The nurses decided to roll me over on my side to try and move baby. We heard two weird noises that no one could figure out. They described them as a crying cat lol. I honestly thought that possibly it was a queef or something but had no idea bc I wasn't feeling much with the epidural. Still no heartbeat. We moved me back to my back and they decided to check me. They pulled back the blankets and there was the baby...laying on the bed!!! The nurses had the shock of their lives but sprang into action. I sat up to see and could only say a few expletives as I was in complete shock. DH was about the same. This 7lb 12oz girl literally slid out on her own without a single push from me! Looking back, when they rolled me to my side I felt a weird sensation in the vaginal area but thought nothing of it. And the noises...were her crying! And when I was rolled back over my leg was on/touching something but I thought it was just the blankets all bunched up. We think she was probably under the blankets for almost 5 mins...but was discovered at 810 so that's her birth time. My Dr showed up about 20 mins later and all she did was grab the placenta as it came out (again without a single push) and clean me up. No tears or anything. Dr was here for maybe 30 mins total. Anyways she is perfectly healthy and happy and I feel great....but we're all still in shock at the delivery that was one in a thousand.

She has been breastfeeding great and is so well mannered and not a cryer....so far. We wonder if it has anything to do with her being born without any stress, on her own accord, under the warm and dark blankets and able to chill for a few minutes before all the excitement started.

I'm not too sure how happy I am about telling the story that my baby "fell out" of my vagina but I'll take it any day over a long, exhaustive labor!

Baby Marlee Rayne arrived last night at 810.....or so. Its a pretty wild birth story. I was 38+5.

Went to the hospital at 3pm on the 25th BC I thought my waters might be leaking. Had it confirmed as there was a big gush as soon as I sat on the exam table. I was admitted and immediately started having contractions. Was just over 3cm and 50% effaced at admission. They put me on the lowest dose of pitocin BC my waters had been broken since early in the morning while I slept so they wanted to move things along. At 5 my Dr came and checked on me and I was 5cm and 80%. Contractions were strong and painful and epidural came soon after. Around 630 I was checked again and had gone to 6cm. Around 750 the nurses came in bc the monitor was not picking up baby's heartbeat. The two of them searched for 10 mins. They weren't worried and assured us not to be either. The nurses decided to roll me over on my side to try and move baby. We heard two weird noises that no one could figure out. They described them as a crying cat lol. I honestly thought that possibly it was a queef or something but had no idea bc I wasn't feeling much with the epidural. Still no heartbeat. We moved me back to my back and they decided to check me. They pulled back the blankets and there was the baby...laying on the bed!!! The nurses had the shock of their lives but sprang into action. I sat up to see and could only say a few expletives as I was in complete shock. DH was about the same. This 7lb 12oz girl literally slid out on her own without a single push from me! Looking back, when they rolled me to my side I felt a weird sensation in the vaginal area but thought nothing of it. And the noises...were her crying! And when I was rolled back over my leg was on/touching something but I thought it was just the blankets all bunched up. We think she was probably under the blankets for almost 5 mins...but was discovered at 810 so that's her birth time. My Dr showed up about 20 mins later and all she did was grab the placenta as it came out (again without a single push) and clean me up. No tears or anything. Dr was here for maybe 30 mins total. Anyways she is perfectly healthy and happy and I feel great....but we're all still in shock at the delivery that was one in a thousand.

She has been breastfeeding great and is so well mannered and not a cryer....so far. We wonder if it has anything to do with her being born without any stress, on her own accord, under the warm and dark blankets and able to chill for a few minutes before all the excitement started.

I'm not too sure how happy I am about telling the story that my baby "fell out" of my vagina but I'll take it any day over a long, exhaustive labor!

Holy cow!! Congratulations!! :happydance:
Certainly a "different" birth story! :) glad you and baby are doing well.

Wow! What a story Monica! Congratulations! Happy to hear that baby is doing well!

Definitely an interesting and unique birth story! lol Congrats! Glad she's healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->