April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

Oh my gosh!!!! What an amazing story! Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl!

Being induced on Wednesday. Time is going sooo slow!

Got dr appointment today, she wants to do a sweep if all looks good. Ahhhh nerves are kicking in a little bit

I'm in the same boat, Dani! I had an appointment yesterday and the OB said I'm 1cm and the baby is "floating," which is a nice way of saying not at all engaged!! She told me a lot of women don't engage until labor begins, so I'm not too worried. She also told me that after having kids we walk around at 1cm all the time. :dohh: I was actually a little bit relieved, since I've been having MEGA braxton hicks, and I'd like to keep this baby in until 38 weeks if possible.

I'm working out still too, but not as hard as it seems you are! I do an hour of pilates every other day and walk 20 minutes on the treadmill on the "off" days. I'm convinced pilates helped my other labors be speedy, so even though I'm exhausted I do it anyway! It's starting to get harder, though. Some things they do are really awkward now with a giant belly. :haha:

Oh man...that stinks, so I guess we are even more up in the air about when baby will come compared to number 1...stinky! haha I'm hoping for around 38w, also...but another part of me isn't ready at ALL yet. haha DH is leaving for about 5 days the first week of May (2 weeks after due date), so a part of me is hoping to have her slightly early so I can have a little more time to heal with his help.

And as far as working out...Sounds like you are doing awesome! SOMETHING is always better than nothing. I've never tried pilates but I've heard it's a great workout! I've been doing boot camp and/or weight training at the gym 2 days/week (whichever fits the schedule of the day better), running about 2 days/week, and trying to make spin class once/week.

My mom and dad were both telling me to calm down because they think I'm going to put myself into labor, but my visit yesterday confirmed my thoughts that baby is going to come when she is ready...not because I'm doing what I've always done. lol

Baby Marlee Rayne arrived last night at 810.....or so. Its a pretty wild birth story. I was 38+5.

Went to the hospital at 3pm on the 25th BC I thought my waters might be leaking. Had it confirmed as there was a big gush as soon as I sat on the exam table. I was admitted and immediately started having contractions. Was just over 3cm and 50% effaced at admission. They put me on the lowest dose of pitocin BC my waters had been broken since early in the morning while I slept so they wanted to move things along. At 5 my Dr came and checked on me and I was 5cm and 80%. Contractions were strong and painful and epidural came soon after. Around 630 I was checked again and had gone to 6cm. Around 750 the nurses came in bc the monitor was not picking up baby's heartbeat. The two of them searched for 10 mins. They weren't worried and assured us not to be either. The nurses decided to roll me over on my side to try and move baby. We heard two weird noises that no one could figure out. They described them as a crying cat lol. I honestly thought that possibly it was a queef or something but had no idea bc I wasn't feeling much with the epidural. Still no heartbeat. We moved me back to my back and they decided to check me. They pulled back the blankets and there was the baby...laying on the bed!!! The nurses had the shock of their lives but sprang into action. I sat up to see and could only say a few expletives as I was in complete shock. DH was about the same. This 7lb 12oz girl literally slid out on her own without a single push from me! Looking back, when they rolled me to my side I felt a weird sensation in the vaginal area but thought nothing of it. And the noises...were her crying! And when I was rolled back over my leg was on/touching something but I thought it was just the blankets all bunched up. We think she was probably under the blankets for almost 5 mins...but was discovered at 810 so that's her birth time. My Dr showed up about 20 mins later and all she did was grab the placenta as it came out (again without a single push) and clean me up. No tears or anything. Dr was here for maybe 30 mins total. Anyways she is perfectly healthy and happy and I feel great....but we're all still in shock at the delivery that was one in a thousand.

She has been breastfeeding great and is so well mannered and not a cryer....so far. We wonder if it has anything to do with her being born without any stress, on her own accord, under the warm and dark blankets and able to chill for a few minutes before all the excitement started.

I'm not too sure how happy I am about telling the story that my baby "fell out" of my vagina but I'll take it any day over a long, exhaustive labor!

Wow that is amazing...congratulations! Wish we all could have such a nice labor! :)

Congrats, Monica!! What an awesome birth. :D You will have such a great story to tell her some day!

Hi all thought I'd introduce myself, was due on the 24th of March and after 1 attempted sweep and 1 failed sweep I am still here and am already accepting that baby will probably be born in April as booked in for induction 5th of April and midwife pretty much agrees that it will probably be being induced that starts off labor.

How are all of you finding your last few weeks pregnant? All prepared for your little bundle of joys?

Xx

Hi all thought I'd introduce myself, was due on the 24th of March and after 1 attempted sweep and 1 failed sweep I am still here and am already accepting that baby will probably be born in April as booked in for induction 5th of April and midwife pretty much agrees that it will probably be being induced that starts off labor.

How are all of you finding your last few weeks pregnant? All prepared for your little bundle of joys?

Xx

Welcome!! I hope your little one makes an appearance soon, I know that must be frustrating! :hugs:

I've been so tired lately. I'm ready in the excited sense, but not 100% in the baby stuff sense lol. I mean, if she came right now we would be 100% fine but I have a few small things I still want to buy. Just silly things, like a new boppy pillow cover that's not blue with puppies all over it. ;) I've been recycling a lot of my son's old things but trying to incorporate new too.

Also my son is still in the crib. I wanted him out before she got here but we are still getting his twin bed ready. I know that's not a big deal either because she won't go straight to the crib, but I just wanted to have him transitioned before having a newborn.

Xx

Welcome!! I hope your little one makes an appearance soon, I know that must be frustrating! :hugs:

I've been so tired lately. I'm ready in the excited sense, but not 100% in the baby stuff sense lol. I mean, if she came right now we would be 100% fine but I have a few small things I still want to buy. Just silly things, like a new boppy pillow cover that's not blue with puppies all over it. ;) I've been recycling a lot of my son's old things but trying to incorporate new too.

Also my son is still in the crib. I wanted him out before she got here but we are still getting his twin bed ready. I know that's not a big deal either because she won't go straight to the crib, but I just wanted to have him transitioned before having a newborn.

I hope she comes soon too, had my head set that baby would be here by end of March, never mind though gives me a couple of free days which atm are full of baking and cleaning lol!

Lol blue with puppies over it doesnt seem too bad lol. Do you have a name for your little girl?

Xx

Xx
Welcome! Hopefully your bundle of joy will arrive soon! I don't know how you managed to make it through a second sweep, I just got back from the doc's and had one done as I was 2cm and 25% and it hurt so bad! My DH and I agreed that if it doesn't work within 4 days I'm getting induced next week. Hips and back can't take this anymore

5 days to go. :happydance: I'm going to have a little april fool's day baby

6 days to go, wish I could go to sleep and wake up and 6 days have passed!!

Xx
Welcome! Hopefully your bundle of joy will arrive soon! I don't know how you managed to make it through a second sweep, I just got back from the doc's and had one done as I was 2cm and 25% and it hurt so bad! My DH and I agreed that if it doesn't work within 4 days I'm getting induced next week. Hips and back can't take this anymore

I have yet to have a proper sweep as my cervix is still up high and apparently unfavourable so she said it was more of a stretch in preparation for a sweep Monday.

As much as I would hate to get induced if I was offered it sooner I would take it as had a growth scan at 36 weeks where babys estimated weight was 8lb so god knows how much she weighs now... but my back, hips and legs are definitely feeling it, cant move without my bones clicking and getting up from bed for toilet trips etc are no fun, get this masaive strain in my stomach trying to get up from bed, will be nice to have the baby on the outside so I have control over my body again :)

Hopefully your LO comes before you get induced then

Xx

I hope she comes soon too, had my head set that baby would be here by end of March, never mind though gives me a couple of free days which atm are full of baking and cleaning lol!

Lol blue with puppies over it doesnt seem too bad lol. Do you have a name for your little girl?

Xx

Blue with puppies definitely isn't bad! But my mom and sister have this idea that my baby girl needs PINK :rolleyes: So my mom gave me some crap about it when she saw the boppy sitting out ready to go to the hospital. Too bad they aren't paying for everything! :)

We are naming her Charlotte Mary and calling her Charlee. Honestly, Charlotte isn't my favorite name but DH was really wanting it. But I really like Charlee so that is what I'm calling her!!

I just lost my plug and had really loose bm.TMI sorry. Hope it means something.

I just lost my plug and had really loose bm.TMI sorry. Hope it means something.

Same here! Lost my plug on wed night and been having loose bm since sat! Hoping it's just around the corner for us!!

Fingers crossed dinosaur.
I went out to go for my walk but only managed 10 mins as I was busting for the loo. Will make sure everything is in order now today and re check my bag, will walk this evening instead now.

I've gone a good 2 hour walk, some uphill, for past 2 days. Prob go again later on.
Fajitas for dinner tonight! Extra spicy!

Plug gone, slept like crap.... Hurting, does it count as a contraction if I can talk through it but not walk? Went on a walk last night after I got home, it was slow but a good walk. My DH was worried about leaving me at home, had to phone work and tell them I couldn't drive myself in (there is just no way, these cramps or whatever are 6-9 minutes apart)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->