April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

Hiya, I am in the hospital for my induction. They broke my waters about 40 mins ago. Said I am 1-2 cm. just have to wait and see. Will give it a few hours before I go on the drip. Getting period type cramps every 10 mins. Leaking waters all over the place!!! Sitting on my birth ball now, will go for a walk soon.

Ooh good luck keep us posted!! :thumbup:

Congratulations to the new arrivals!

Today my Dr said I was about 1.5cm and about 70% effaced...hopefully it means this little girl will come a little earlier rather than later! *fingers crossed* As far as comfort goes, I've honestly still been feeling pretty good...just been having a hard time staying asleep at night...so much to think about, and for the past few nights seems like all I've dreamt about was going into labor! Haha

Major good luck to everyone coming up on their dates, and also who has been showing some early signs!

Oh how I wish I knew if I was dilated at all yet, I wont get an internal until I am 38w6d, my midwife doesnt do them until you are 38 weeks :( I am honestly still feeling good as well, although when I am sleeping I sleep good, I just wake up a lot in the night and lately have had problems falling back asleep due to thinking about everything that still needs to get done!!

I am hopefully getting a sweep tomorrow morning. What a lovely birthday/anniversary present he he! If my cervix is favourable (i'm hoping it is) i'll finally find out if i'm dilated at all and effaced. Its silly but i'm quite excited despite internals being uncomfortable.

Really hoping this sweep gets things going and i get my vbac as we'll also select a date for c section in case i dont go into spontaneous labour by 41 weeks. Praying sweep does its thing.

GL to everyone being induced or having checks or in early stages of labour xx

momofone08-Congrats!

gumb69-Good luck! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

KjConard-Welcome! Sounds like you are making some good progress!

Feeling nausea all evening! And like I'm going to have an upset tummy! Hoping it's a sign lol!!
I'm actually excited when I feel pain this is weird!!
At any other time in life pain= bad....... For us pain=excitement!! Haha

Oh how I wish I knew if I was dilated at all yet, I wont get an internal until I am 38w6d, my midwife doesnt do them until you are 38 weeks :( I am honestly still feeling good as well, although when I am sleeping I sleep good, I just wake up a lot in the night and lately have had problems falling back asleep due to thinking about everything that still needs to get done!!

Not long for you, then! Don't worry...I mean, it's nice to hear where you are, but in reality the dilation and effacement unfortunately don't really mean anything. :( You can be 0cm and go into labor the next day, or be 4cm and go overdue. I wish there were a better way to tell when they will be here! Like 'This number combo means they will be here within the week!' haha

Not long for you, then! Don't worry...I mean, it's nice to hear where you are, but in reality the dilation and effacement unfortunately don't really mean anything. :( You can be 0cm and go into labor the next day, or be 4cm and go overdue. I wish there were a better way to tell when they will be here! Like 'This number combo means they will be here within the week!' haha

I've been 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced since 36 weeks. Actually, I haven't been checked since 37 weeks so I could be a little further. I was so hoping it meant something but I dunno, I'll probably go all the way to induction. :(

Feeling nausea all evening! And like I'm going to have an upset tummy! Hoping it's a sign lol!!
I'm actually excited when I feel pain this is weird!!
At any other time in life pain= bad....... For us pain=excitement!! Haha

omg thats exactly how i feel! i was just talking to a friend about this the other day and told her when i was haveing a real contraction a few days ago that even though it hurt i was smiling through the whole thing! haha :haha:
my mindset was "oh this hurts. is something happening? yay!" :rofl:
most bizarre thing .

I know this is gross but I got the first hemmorhoid of my life yesterday and now I am more miserable than I thought possible. My dr said it likely won't go away until after I give birth.. I wanted to cry! Now I'm terrified to use the bathroom :/ I got a sitz bath and tucks wipes and am keeping my fingers crossed.

I know this is gross but I got the first hemmorhoid of my life yesterday and now I am more miserable than I thought possible. My dr said it likely won't go away until after I give birth.. I wanted to cry! Now I'm terrified to use the bathroom :/ I got a sitz bath and tucks wipes and am keeping my fingers crossed.

:hugs: I'm so sorry! I got one after pushing my son out. :( Pregnancy, so glamorous! :nope:

Hope you start feeling better soon!

How long does this 'early labour' stage last?? !!
Been feeling crampy, having tightenings, baby pushing on cervix for past 3 days now
Also had loose BMs for over a week now
I wouldn't mind waiting with no symptoms but this teasing is driving me mad lol!

Been feeling crampy, having tightenings, baby pushing on cervix for past 3 days now
I wouldn't mind waiting with no symptoms but this teasing is driving me mad lol!

I've had those symptoms for best part of a week now. Tightenings r getting a little more painful but have nothing to compare it to as i was induced with my daughter so didnt get a nice build up to labour.

Had sweep this morning. Cervix is soft and short and i was about galf a cm dilated (hoped for more lol) however she was able to give me a sweep and reach membranes so i'm hoping i might get some more obvious contractions with pains as day goes on.

my section is booked for 15th so i'm hooing that this boy will appear at some point in next 12 days and i get my vbac. Bp was good at app but there was a trace of protein in urine. Its being analysed but has anyone had experience of this and it meant nothing? Was induced last pregnancy due to high bp and protein in urine. Have no swelling or anything... so want my natural labour/vbac x

I went to the OB last thursday and tuesday, both times my cervix was still high/long/hard and fully closed :growlmad: I thought she might have started something after the tuesday visit because I had blood streaked mucus for the better part of a day. But thats stopped and although I have some cramping its really nothing that progressing. I feel like I am on the edge of my seat!

Tomorrow is my due date and my induction is scheduled for April 11. I do not want to be induced!! Had some Indian food last night hoping that might get things going. Tonight I'm going for a hot curry.

Come on baby!! :coffee:

Went in for my induction at 3.30, waters broken at 5pm. Baby was born at 9.27pm.
We haven't officially named her yet :) 6.8lb. Both doing well.
Hope everyone left here has their babies soon! Good luck all! Xx

Congrats, Skye!! :D I can't wait to see pics!!

Dinosaur, I totally sympathize with you! I've been having BH from hell and hip and back contractions this whole week. :( It's no fun! I'm hoping I find out Tuesday that it's doing something.

Is anyone else so grumpy they can't stand it? I'm SO on edge and keep getting more irritated than I thought possible. EVerything DH does drives me insane and I feel like I want to run out the front door and go for a walk just for some peace and quiet away from everyone. What's wrong with me??

Congrats Mumofone and Skye on the birth of your LO's :)

I had the midwife yesterday, she says little miss is 2/5ths engaged (although being my second baby she can just pop back out so we'll see). I started having contractions every 20 minutes after which lasted a few hours, then they disappeared :( I'm sure shes teasing me! Had more loose BM's today and shes moving round like crazy.

I've got a sweep booked for next Friday so two days after my due date and then another appointment on the 16th where my induction will be booked if shes not here by then xx

Congrats, Skye!! :D Is anyone else so grumpy they can't stand it? I'm SO on edge and keep getting more irritated than I thought possible. EVerything DH does drives me insane and I feel like I want to run out the front door and go for a walk just for some peace and quiet away from everyone. What's wrong with me??

Meeeeeeeeee :(

Congrats Skye, looking forward to seeing pics :)

Congrats momof and skye93!!

Can't wait to go into labor...never thought I'd say that!

Got a dr note to work from home due to SPD. I am so looking forward to tomorrow being my last full day in the office.

Ugh, GlassPeony, I hear you on the hemorrhoid front. I have internal ones from my last pg. No fun. If they don't completely go away, they get better and are manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->