April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

I'm all organised for my induction tomorrow. Baby decided not to come on his own. I've tidied the whole house & repacked the bags for a longer stay in hospital! Doubt I'll get much sleep tonight!

Good luck to everyone, hope your niggles turn into the real deal :)

No real signs for me yet I think I'm having the 'clear out' I keep reading about so that's not much fun. Been to hire my tens today so I just have to hope that it arrives in time! Have my midwife appointment today hoping it's my last as it was with DS1 hope everyone's well not long now! X

Hey, can I join in this wee fun game?

I'm due 8th. Really thought baby was coming on Friday, but still waiting with no real signs.

Fed up waiting already! Two days to go before getting booked in for induction, so I'm running short on time. Was induced last time and don't want that again. X

Good luck bumble b!

Welcome sealgirl, im due the 9th and thought i'd be early too, not looking that way at the moment though, hopefully they wont keep us waiting to much longer! Xx

Uh I hope so! Are you scared, the longer it goes on the bigger the baby and more reason for complications? I know it's stupid, but that's my main worry just now. My little girl was only 7lbs but she was born at 38 weeks. I was over 9lbs and so was my hubby, so I'm a bit scared of going overdue x

Uh I hope so! Are you scared, the longer it goes on the bigger the baby and more reason for complications? I know it's stupid, but that's my main worry just now. My little girl was only 7lbs but she was born at 38 weeks. I was over 9lbs and so was my hubby, so I'm a bit scared of going overdue x

I had Callum at 38 weeks and he was only 5lb 13oz (after getting told he'd be 8lbs at my growth scan!) They have said this LO is bigger but im not sure on the reliability of scans anymore! I would like to have her soon though, I really thought she'd be early. Try not to worry hun, i'm sure you'll be fine :hugs: xx

I didn't want to create a new thread since this question has probably been asked to death so I'm asking here: Is it normal to have occasional cramping that lasts for maybe a minute but only happens maybe once or twice a day? I've noticed for the last 2 nights while sleeping when I roll over, I start getting mild period-like cramps..at least I think they are. Sometimes I wonder if I'm confusing them with intense gas pains, I really don't know. I've been waking up in the morning needing to use the toilet a lot (TMI, sorry). But then a few hours ago while cooking dinner, the cramps came back and didn't go away for at least a minute, and I know it wasn't gas pains. About an hour before cooking hubby and I DTD and immediately I started getting tightening's and BH contractions. I've been having them for about 2 1/2 hours now...but just tightening's, no other cramps except the one. I don't know if this is the start of something.

Should I call my OB in the morning if it continues? I have my next appointment on Tuesday anyway.

Lots of luck for your induction tomorrow, bumble b!!

Besides some more braxton hicks/tightens plus irregular mild period like cramps, some nesting, and a string of plug a day when I wipe, I haven't really had any new signs! The little bit of plug loss has been going on for a couple weeks, now, so I'm not really going by that until I lose the whole thing (if that happens like DS). I haven't had any bit of clear out, yet...so I don't know if that is a for sure sign or not. If it is, then she definitely won't be coming within the next couple days. lol

Thanks girls, I'm wide awake feeling nervous :/ really need to try & sleep xx

Nicole - I wouldn't think you'd need to call your OB, it sounds to me like you're just entering pre labour. I had on and off contractions, particularly at night for about 3 weeks before DD came along. I am having the same as you the last few days, only one or two a day, that last for a good minute and feel quite intense, but can feel either like 'omg must get to a bathroom now' then passes, or can start like slow period pains in my back and then crawl across the front, then disappear. Real contractions can feel like either of those sensations too, btw. I wouldn't feel any need to call your OB unless they get regular and/or they've asked you too in case you're higher risk? at 37 weeks they won't stop you going into labour if it is the start of it :)

I'll also add as for me - notttthing! I know I am only 37 weeks, and I know that he needs to stay put at least another week so we can buy and install his car capsule (we thought we had ours ready, but it doesn't have the infant insert) and really, 37 weeks isn't 'ideal' but I am ready to meet him!

As mentioned above, only small niggles of cx every so often, still nothing time able. No sign of plug either - I really thought i'd lose some, having lost that little bit around 32 weeks. Been bouncing on the fitball since yesterday, but not feeling any difference. Wah.

Nicole_E-I agree I think it just sounds like pre labor. I've been getting all that for the last few weeks. I would suggest monitoring the tightenings/contractions. See if they are regular. If they are regular or keep increasing with intensity I'd call. They'll want to know how frequent they are. I was told to come in if I'm having more than 5 in an hour.
Even if they are irregular and less than 6 an hour, it would be helpful to tell your doc at your next apt how many you are having.

Congrats Gumb!!
Nicole_e- it does sound like pre labor, I got irregular cramps for about a week before LO was born. Then for 2 days it was inconsistent but timetable cramps and BH for a couple hours before stopping.

Anyone else trying to help "evict" bubba?

Thus is my 2nd, Im.due 19th & Im done now, need to feel like Im helping him on his way out (even if Im prob not really) so I've been taking evening primrose oil for almost 2wks & last night we DTD (not sure if it actually works!?)

Officially due this week (Saturday), so trying to get last little bits organised early this week. Odd niggle and increased discharge for the last few days, but nothing else. Was like this with DD (except for period pains nightly, which I had for a few days but none since this time) and labour started bang on due date, so not giving up hope!

Off to get Easter bits for DD today so won't be panicking next week (hopefully with a brand new DS!) x

I officially dislike pre-labour! It's sneaky!
I'm not calling any midwife until I'm in a lot of pain and I'll time contractions over an hour period!
To think I could have another 2-3 weeks of this is disheartening!! I'm ready this week for my bubs!! Come on!!!

I officially dislike pre-labour! It's sneaky!
I'm not calling any midwife until I'm in a lot of pain and I'll time contractions over an hour period!
To think I could have another 2-3 weeks of this is disheartening!! I'm ready this week for my bubs!! Come on!!!

It really is obnoxious, isn't it??

I wish I knew when this little girl would get here...I'm hoping either very soon, or after my due date. I would like to be able to do the easter stuff with DS...I'm thinking worst case I may get a little basket together for him soon to at least have that for him.

Bamm I'm only 37 weeks too but ready and waiting now, my little girly is thought to be about 7lbs now so any time now is fine with me :)

Ugh if this is pre-labor, then I hate it :( I know I'm only 37 weeks but I'm D-O-N-E with being pregnant! The tightening's and BH have subsided over night (for now). Right now I am resting- I think I pushed myself too hard this morning doing things around the house- and feeling little peanut's hiccups lol!

Went to doctor this morning... dilated to 4 cm, still at 50% effaced and now a week overdue... induction scheduled for this Saturday so only 5 days at most!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->