April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

So my waters went yesterday morning at 4:30 but just trickling then I went to hospital at 8 am they didn't check me due to not wanting to poke me about apparently said I'd probably just got bad discharge and wet myself and sent me home 8pm start getting contractions still loosing waters 12 am were really bad so went to hospital they checked me properly confirmed I had actually started loosing my waters and I'm in labour 3:30am they told me I'd need to be induced with gel at 4:30 as it had been 24 hours and dont want to risk infection it's now 4:30 and just about have gel done x

Good luck! Hope you have baby in your arms soon!

Good luck!

Its my due date today, im hoping shes one of those babies in the small minority who arrive on their due date but i'm not holding my breath! Xx

Well even though my EDD was the 24th of March, baby decided she wanted to be born in April instead!

She was born on the 6th of April via c-section, weighing 9lb 12oz and she's the most beautiful thing I've ever set my eyes on, still can't believe me and OH made her!

Well even though my EDD was the 24th of March, baby decided she wanted to be born in April instead!

She was born on the 6th of April via c-section, weighing 9lb 12oz and she's the most beautiful thing I've ever set my eyes on, still can't believe me and OH made her!

Congratulations!!!

Definitely feeling a little more crampy than usual today, keeping my fx'd its a sign but not getting my hopes up at all. Due date isnt for 2 more weeks and Ive been saying my whole pregnancy that I thought she would come early but now I feel like she will be late!! trying to avoid an induction at the hospital.

^Trying to avoid induction too.. They are stripping my membranes next Wednesday and expecting it to put me into labor as I'm 3 cm, contracting regularly (2-4 min apart, but not strong enough to progress), and almost fully effaced! I can't wait to meet my girl... only a week to go! Maybe two if she's stubborn :/ I've been in and out of L&D for weeks now, after the contractions register 2-4 mins apart on my twice weekly NSTs... I'm so done with doc appts!!!

Congrats!

Congrats ladies who had there babies.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I been stocking the page to see who had there babies. Love hearing the stories and seeing pictures.

Getting loads of tightenings now not painful really but am feeling cramps in between I don't remember how labour started last time but maybe this is the start? I'm probably jinxing myself writing this lol I'm going to get some sleep and see what happens x

I had a baby boy yesterday morning! Woke at around 3am with some niggly crampy feeling Braxton hicks. Kept having to go downstairs to go to the toilet. These cramps were coming every 2-3 minutes so thought maybe could be the start of something. Thought I'd try and lay back in bed to rest as my first labour was 40 hours so was expecting a long haul! Couldn't sleep and by about 5 they were beginning to feel like the real thing so I woke my husband to warn him that I thought something was starting. I then called my mum at half 5 as she was going to look after my son so I thought I better give her a heads up, again saying that I *thought* that I was probably going into labour... By the time my mum arrived at half 6 the contractions had picked up in intensity VERY quickly and we'd called the hospital to see if we should come in. It all progressed so quickly from there! Left home at around 7am, on all fours in the back of the car starting to feel some pressure! Arrived at hospital at around 7.15 and was one f those women bent over in the foyer unable to move through the contractions! Had to be wheelchairs up in the lift to ensure I got to maternity ward before baby came! Got into the assessment room but there was no time to even get to a delivery room! Waters went with a huge gush and started pushing about 7.35 and baby was born at 8.03! Actually can't believe how quickly it progressed from a little niggle to baby arriving... It's lucky there was no traffic that morning or he'd have been born in the car!!

Congrats to ladies with their bundles now!! I'm very jealous I can't wait for the next few days/weeks to be over!!

Thought i would give a little update. Nothing as of yet, baby is still holding on tight in there. Been having pains all week on and off. MW appt yesterday and i had to query about my previous appt as the MW didnt even talk to me about me measuring up 1.5cm smaller than i should have been. It was only when i looked through what she had written when i got home which i thought was a little naughty. So yesterday when they measured me I said about it and when they measured me again i was measuring 35weeks when the student MW measured and 36cm instead of 38+2 when the MW did it. So they referred me to get a emergency growth scan. Needless to say i was shitting myself. Heard from the hospital this morning and asked when was the soonest that i could get in. Had our appt today at 12.15pm and everything is fine. Baby is so low down and that is reason for the measurements. Antenatal clinic were happy with measurements of babys head etc and estimated her at 6lb 15oz. Now we just gota get ourselves bonking lots and get her out. I had been prepared to have a sweep and everything just incase and now I want her here even more than i did before.

Woke up from my 'nap' to absolutely nothing! I was so sure something was happening I'm gutted :( not going to get my hopes up again untill I'm pushing him out LOL! X

Good luck, bookworm! I can't wait for an update!

I'm sorry things have stalled, missrhead. :(

I'm sitting here at home with my baby girl!! Had her at 4.24am this morning.
3.5 hour labour from start to finish- had a water birth and only gas and air

I'm over the moon!! Good luck to all you ladies waiting hope you won't be far behind!

Congratulations dinosaur, I hope my birth is as speedy :)

Congrats dinosaur!

Hope its going well bookworm!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe