April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

I am seriously so sick of walking into work everyday and getting the same comments from the same people - "Ooooh, your looking more pregnant today than yesterday!" or "All of a sudden, you look really pregnant!" - When they said the same thing last week... :growlmad: Why a baby bump has to be treated with running commentary is lost on me.

Haha, I think people mean well... They think it's making conversation and talking about something that's obviously super important to you. It's just an odd double standard. You would never walk up to someone and say, "wow! Someone forgot to iron today! Look at all of those wrinkles!!" Somehow pregnancy is fair game to say anything, though... :haha:

Im ready! I'm ready! I'm readddyyyy! Well, not technically prepared, but ready to have her. Funny how second baby... I know I have my bbs to feed her, some newborn diapers... so yep... thats everything I really NEED. Lots to do with the nursery still, but I am ready at this point for her to just be here!

I agree with wamommy, people do mean well. As someone who has back problems I've had a waddle going for quite some time so people who didn't know me were making comments of, 'any day now?' And 'shouldn't be too much longer right?' When I was 5 months pregnant and there was no bump. I'm so ready to be done though, my back and hips are killing me with no end in sight! No sign of plug and I don't even know how to check to feel the head and shortening cervix. I am happy that even though there are about a billion things to do like buying car seat, stroller, and finishing the nursery, we managed to do a belly cast :)

Anyone else have such terrible acid reflux that it makes them throw up? I have never had acid issues in my life up until about the last two weeks or so. I have hardly eaten anything this weekend bc the acid has me burping constantly so I feel horrible. Then tonight it got so bad it made me throw up. :( I assume this is all completely normal since im almost 37 weeks and baby is laying in new places than before and completely out of room. But I am so over it!

No acid reflux here, but now on top of the terrible morning sickness & umbilical hernia I have SPD :( argh next month cannot come soon enough!! And DS is getting his molars, so we don't have a happy camper!

I have terrible acid reflex. I take medication for it though as I suffered from it my whole pregnancy. Your doctor can prescribe you something.

On the plus side I made it 9 months :) one more weeks and baby won't be considered premie

Now that you mention it, I have thrown up twice in the last week due to waking up with heartburn/indigestion. Acid burps too, it's awful :/ all starting within the last week! Ready to go, wish I was 37 weeks like you!! Lol

Also hate the same ppl at work saying how pregnant I'm getting, but I guess it is something to talk about lol. I'm just a hormonal mess and would rather not be told how huge I am!

Hope you ladies are doing well. Got a few more weeks and it's real labor watching for me.. So nerve wracking!! :)

I've thrown up once, all stomach acid, while sleeping in bed one evening! Hours after having taken my daily pill for acid. She kicked me HARD and everything just came out! I sat up so fast I didn't know why I had sat up because I was completely asleep. It was awful and I had a sore throat for days after that due to the severity of the stomach acid. Doc said I can't do anything else for it, just always take my pill. I feel for you, though :hugs:

Go to the doc today to see what they say about further bed rest and my contractions! Also, my second nephew will be making his appearance after a scheduled c-section! Can't wait! Hope everyone is having a great day!

I dont know if I am going to have the baby early or what but today my braxon hicks contractions I can feel it move the baby and I can actually feel the shoulders move down pushing against my hips. They havent become regular, but I had some period cramping with some of it. It doesnt even matter if I am standing walking or sitting or resting I get them. Been having a lot all day.

Hmmm. I am just so curious. I may have my doctor check and see tomorrow if I still have them.

I had my 34 week appointment today everything was fine and we wrote my birth plan, I mentioned that I'd thought about having a home birth and my midwife was quite encouraging about the idea. Going to make a decision by my next appointment at 36 weeks and if I decide to go for it she is going to help source a pool for me and come round to my house to fill in forms and discuss everything! Is anyone else planning a home birth or had one? X

I'd have loved a home birth but not an option for me. I was induced last pregnancy due to hypertension which ended in an emcs. Going to attempt a vbac this time but i'll have to b closely monitored in hospital as i'm red pathway and could rupture :cry: prob not but still a hospital birth is my only option x

Im wondering if im feeling BH contractions today. I know what its supposed to feel like, but I still cant tell if thats what it is, or baby has moved into a weird position that keeps tightening my lower belly. And she's been really "handsy" down in my crotch with lots of fluttering and pressure today. I hope that means she is almost ready to bolt!

I found out today at the doc during my bi-weekly NST that I am having irregular contractions! Can't really even feel them, thought they were supposed to hurt?? Anyways hoping that means my babe is coming sooner rather than later, too!! :happydance:

Monica- I can't really feel the contractions either, when she said I was having them it just felt like baby was curled up putting pressure on me. I had no idea!

My rash got worse :/ I am so miserable. It's not fun no more to be pregnant and I just want this child out to get relief. It's not fair I have to suffer with this and nothing is helping! I can't even put lotion on anymore as my bumps itch worse. I am a itch ball all day. It's not fair. And my doctors appointment isn't until Thursday. I will settle with induction at 37 weeks if I have to because I have open sores all over from scratching.

Dilated 3cm, 75% effaced and doc gave me his personal cell in case she comes in the next day or two! He feels she'll be here quickly! He did write me off work for the duration of the pregnancy but does not believe that will be all that long!

I've had some bleeding, spotting, and bloody mucus/discharge since getting checked at the office. Cramping, and had a few contractions with pain in my back and belly. They aren't following any sort of pattern though, so I'm thinking today won't be the day. Everyone is on high alert though!

I wish I could do a home birth but its not an option through my insurance and we can't afford it otherwise. I think baby flipped :( she has been head down since week 22 leaning on the left, now my stomach is bulged out on the right and I've been crampy all day

Aw hardd2011 I'm so sorry, I hope baby makes an appearance soon to I've you some relief from your itching

Had such pain today. Not sure if it was how she was lying or just general ligament pain but it was painful. I took some paracetamol and had a nap which did seem to help. Shes having a right wriggle in my tummy at the moment.

Also (sorry for tmi) has anyone had soft poos starting? All weekend ive had lots of soft stools which was similar to when I was pregnant with callum and a few days later I had him, its like my bodies started its clearout ready for labour xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->