Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Good luck mrs f & dm - you might be having a race for the first pass the finish line at this rate.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you......... It's been a long time coming and i can't wait till our little ivf thread has it's first bubba, it's a miracle!!!!

Wishing you all the best...... Perhaps we all need to make a pact to hold of the details till after we've all given birth - i'm feeling suddenly apprehensive and scared! You've made it feel so close x x

take care and enjoy you're little bundle x

Will I know what contractions feel like???

I don't know if I've had any BH, I get a sharp pain that makes me ooooooo but I don't think thats BH, should I have had some by now???

I dont think everyone has them, I shouldnt worry about the lack of pain tho:)

BH's just feel like your bump going hard or under pressure, or suddenly getting the wind kicked out of you. i know a few girls in my bump group haven't had any BH's.

my contractions with Harry started off as mild period pains every 10 minutes which gradually got a bit more painful and a bit longer and a bit closer together each time.

Hope that helps!

x x x thanks ladies x x x

my BH have felt like period pains, kinda dull, achey and heavy x x x

i was gonna say that i will defo hold off posting details if it helps, as i totally understand how they can make us more nervous. i'll be more than happy to pm people if they have questions though :)

night night my lovely ladies x x x x

Why don't you do a birth story elsewhere and post a link. Either that or wrap "spoiler" tabs round it so we don't have to look if we don't want to?

anyway, best of luck to you. I shall be thinking of you tomorrow xxxx

Mrs f, you can tell us absolutely how wonderful an experience it all is and that you'd do it all again in a flash! Lol

I really am excited for you, you deserve it. Good luck today and fingers crossed he'll arrive today and not keep you waiting x

I keep reading birth stories in third tri, I have some kinda obsession! Ooops

DM -no more contractions?

Britt - anything?

Buggy day today, I can not wait!

Morning. Still in a fair bit of pain but no idea what it is. It doesn't seem to be contractions, its more constant. My bump hurts. Harry just accidentally leant on it and I howled in pain. As it doesnt seem to be contractions I am reluctant to go in to hospital as I simply don't want to waste another day sitting in there for nothing. M has an important meeting this afternoon and someone would have to pick Dragster up from nursery....

Yay for buggy day! I built our pram last night. soo happy with it!

Attachments

• britax_vig3+_blacklie09_1.jpg
    britax_vig3+_blacklie09_1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
  • britax-vigour-3.jpg
    britax-vigour-3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
cranberry - yay for getting some good buys at the nct sales! I hope Rich has apologised by now!!

DM - your attempts to bring on labour are making me giggle! Hope that something will work for you soon and that the pains ease off in the meantime. Loving your pram too, lovely to have one where Sophie can face you for a bit.

ahbon - good luck for the scan today!

MrsG - I keep reading birth stories too - its like some kind of bizarre self torture! :p

MrsF - WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!! The best of everything today, hope the induction goes smoothly and works first time and that bubbs arrives today! Please do post your birth story, I can't wait to hear it! Much love and hugs to you, so exciting!!

AFM - dh got back home from his travels this weekend, so good to have him back! Looks like he'll have one or two more trips to go before d-day but he is trying to make sure that he doesn't have to go anywhere in august - its just so unpredictable with twins! My other latest development is leaking - woke up yesterday with some interesting marks on my jammies!! So breast pads are my latest addition to the shopping list - nice!!

(OOh, which reminds me MrsG of something else for the maternity list! Maternity pads - I dont think the hospital supply them anymore??)

Hope everyone is well!!

They have them so if you forget they'll have some to tide you over. My old hospital had huge ones but my new hospital's pads are something special I must say! I cannot fathom WHY they would need to be that large. Theyre about 5 or 6 inches wide! Who has a fanny that wide, honestly?

Urgh. It's bikini wax time.... After yoga

You guys push babies out this week. I'll inflict an equal amount of pain on myself in sympathy :)

DM clearly any of us that have a natural birth!!!! Have you seen how big a watermelon is!!!!!

Yoga was good tonight, much easier than I thought, yeah!

Got all my stuff, just got in so I've taken car seat out of box and Moses basket, oh needs to lift buggy out cos it's too heavy, is it too early to be building things up for me, should I leave it boxed in case things go wrong, although I really want to play and a few hundred quid would be the least of my worries if things went wrong, what do you guys think.

Hope mrs f is being strong and brave!

I sent my oh my birth plan by email, it said stuff I wanted and stuff I expect of him, he sent it back with the addition....

Do not shout at me
Be brave
Console me when I pass out!

Not sure whether that's sweet or not!

We've had our pram in the house since 2009. I don't do old wives tales.

I told my MIL that I wasnt supersticious but wanted to wait to get the cot and pram til September as otherwise they would be taking up space. She replied 'yes you do need to be careful dont you' which is the exact opposite of what I had been saying!!

That's mother in laws for ya!!!!!

Think I'm gonna get it out, I'm sure I could take it apart if I needed to x

I loved playing with mine last night. Am a lot happier now that I know how it works. It's the best buggy I've ever owned. I heart it lots!

Hope all is ok with everyone - especially Mrs F :hugs: do let us know how it goes! :)

Had quite an eventful day:

1) Scan showed bigger twin didn't grow as much as normal (4lbs 2oz). Smaller twin had nearly caught up (3lbs 12oz). Twin 1 still head down so if she stays like this we can try natural delivery.

2) my pee sample again showed high white cells so had to do another - this one was clear.

3) had red blood on paper when wiped after doing the above - told midwife.

4) drugs for liver are working as my levels are coming down a bit - still gotta be monitored weekly.

5) Due to 1 & 3 they wanted me monitored, to check my cervix and to give me steroids in case the girls decide to come early. Maternity was busy so they took me to labour ward (as I'm high risk with twins). All went well, both girls hearts were fine, lots of movements from twin 2 and enough from twin 1. Cervix high and closed. Bloods taken for more tests and then steroid injection 1. We have to go back at 5am to get the second jab (they didn't have the one that is 24hrs apart so had the one that only needs 12hrs difference).

At least we met some of the midwives who were lovely and this time I didn't nearly faint on labour ward which is good. They really looked after us :)

Now if only I could sleep as I have to be up in 4hrs.............

night all xxxx

hey ladies how are you?
gosh, I cant believe how many twinnies are on this thread :happydance: so lovely

DM- sounds like you are okay with Sophie showing up on the day of the planned c-section if needed, but what are you going to do now? i think you have nested beyond your hearts content hee hee
I am officially done work now, yeah- passed off the work BB to the new girl :thumbup:
had a mani/pedi today and this lovely 80 year old woman told me she didnt think I would last a week and that the LO would be coming soon...how cute, she had 4 kids without any pain meds and is all of 4 foot 10
Kitten was entertaining the other ladies at the spa as my whole stomach kept moving.

Mrsg- thx for asking about me, so far no signs that she wants to come out anytime soon

thinking of MrsF today :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"