August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

I'm sorry to hear that Danser. :( I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

So to clarify, your egg quality is poor due to the stimming? I am assuming yes, cause if egg quality is poor all around I question if IUI will work. But if it is just the stimming then IUI is a good way because it puts all the millions of them in there, none of them are lost like during sex and it's better timed.

That is my light at the end of the tunnel for all for all this. Moving on to where everything is timed perfectly and little chance of messing up the dates. Thankfully the trigger shot isn't expensive here. Anything beyond that and we would either forgo my brothers wedding or have to wait until after september. and I'm not getting any younger.

My RE think the stimming for high numbers of eggs for PGS is what is causing the egg quality to be poor. I think part of it honestly is that he triggered me too soon and most of my eggs were not ready and mature yet. We shall see. I have consults with 2 other RE's in about 2 weeks.

2nd and 3rd opinions are always good. Hopefully they can help.

So I have to call my doc to get clarification. I was googling how much it costs for the hcg shot here and my clinic's site popped up. I looked there first but didn't see anything specifically about hcg trigger shot on their fee list. When I googled a result came up for their page on IUI. Which makes sense as they had said this would be the next step but I thought maybe they would trigger and we would do it at home. Turns out that, at least by the description, they don't just trigger and do it at home. They do the IUI. Which has me a bit worried in regards to cost.

Right now my letrozole costs me $55 per cycle. I still have to take that with the IUI. The trigger shot (I found out on another site) is about $100. The cycle monitoring is $400, the semen wash is $400 and they charge to teach me how to inject myself which is $200. So in total my cycle will cost me $1155. I barely make that in a month myself, right now. and hubby makes just over that. My mom says everything will be fine but I hate the fact that I am 38 years old and can't afford to do this. I can barely afford to save up and I don't want to borrow money from them.

I already have to save up at min $2000 to go to a wedding in September. Now I will be lucky if I can do this one time before then. I will save $200 by not having to go through injection teaching again but that only brings it down to $955. Still a lot of money per cycle.

I may be worrying over nothing which is why I have to call the doc to verify the pricing and the plan. I haven't told hubby yet. He was worried about the cost and he's depressed enough over this. He sees his chance at being a dad dwindling.

I'm so sorry Aayla. Over here you wouldn't have to pay for that, that's alot of money for anyone x

Yeah. I like the fact that you guys get stuff for free, at least with the first kid. Here it is all private. But it is way cheaper than IVF. That's $16,000 per cycle (give or take). Some provinces here offer it with our basic medical. Unfortunately not the one I live in. But I had a talk with hubby and he is on board. We are going to create a budget and start cutting things out. I take violin and voice lessons which works out to $170 per month so that can get cut, cutting our cable and home phone will save us $100 per month. We are also on a no spending order, unless it's necessary. I'm also going to go through our stuff and see what we can sell. there is so much that has been in boxes for the last 6 months that it isn't totally missed.

We must do what we have to do.

and he said ok to twins. a lot of the time they will not go through with the trigger and tell us to not have sex if more than one egg will be released. We are only going to listen to that if it's 4 lol. But 2 would be good. We would likely be done at that point. but the IUI combined with fertility drugs ups the chances of twins to 30%.

Aayla I'm so sorry you have to potentially pay that much hun. I had a baby at 38 & another one at 40 & since my one at 40 I have suffered 3 chemicals, a missed mc, an ectopic and a 10.5 weeks loss so in my experience age is definitely a factor. Maybe it is worth getting a bit in debt now and borrowing off your family to have a better outcome chance whilst you are still young in ttc terms? I know being in debt is crap but your best chance is next 2/3 years really xx

Hey Lora I'm ok thanks hun - trying to adapt to the idea that my ttc time is probably over! I'm 44.5 now and even if I do get pg again it would probably be another mc. It's hard though not to symptom spot!! How is the baby doing? Are you getting extra scans and checks hun?

Danser u should definitely get a second opinion and see if ur getting the best care you can. Coq10 is supposed to really help. Have everything crossed for you hun that you get your lucky break you deserve x

How are the bumps Mrsmac, Sweety, Joo, Kandl and Pip? Sorry if I missed anyone x this does seem to be a lucky thread & hoping you all get your luck Danser, Aayla & Vicky x

Happy Easter everyone x

Aayla, that's lot of money. Hope everything works out for you guys. I agree with Sunshine here. Even if you have to borrow at this stage it would be better. You can always pay back later.

Sunshine, never give up hope. If it's bound to happen it will.
as far me, I am fine 14weeks today so officially in second semester. So far everything seems to be ok. Thanks for asking.

Happy Easter everyone!

Thanks. Yeah, hubby is on board with spending the money. He desperately wants to be a dad. and I think we are moving on to this because of my age. I turn 38 in May. And my mom says that it will all be fine, which means they will help pay for the cost.

I woke up today feeling better. Almost excited really. The write up on IUI on their page says our chances are doubled by doing this. It's starting to feel like this is the right next step.

Sweety: Happy Second trimester!!

Well I freaked out over nothing. Confirmed with the doc assistant on what might be happening. She said she didn't mention trigger but I could have sworn she did. Maybe I misheard. But the next step was not IUI as I got pregnant with timed sex before.

But if we want to go on to do IUI then we can and I have to be sure my bmi is under 45. But the price is only $400. Which is for the sperm washing. Everything else that is on the price list I guess doesn't pertain to me. $400 a month we can do. But I have to talk to hubby to see what he wants.

I'm glad you figured everything out aayla. I hope it works out. $400 isn't too bad. My insurance covers most of everything at this point for infertility. It still sucks though.

Meanwhile I'm only 6 days past my ER and I just want my period to get here so we can get this IUI started.

$400 we can do. It means cutting some stuff out like before but doable. Haven't talked to hubby yet. I also have to see where my bmi is come the end of May. I'm well above 45 now. I need to lose at min 40 lbs. ideally 50. Which is a lot of weight to lose in less than 2 months. but we can continue with the letrozole for a few more cycles and then see where we are.

talked to hubby. He wants to go with the IUI. He really wants me to be pregnant since it can double our chances he wants to go for it. Especially now that it is only $400. So now I have to lose 50 lbs in 50 days. Not totally impossible but my diet will be quite strict. If i don't meet that goal then we will do rounds of just letrozole until I do. But I have to have my bmi under 45 and right now it is 51.6. Even just 10 lbs is a loss of 1.6 points on the bmi scale.

I feel that IUI is the next step. It feels right in my gut. So I am going to do whatever I can to get back down to that bmi.

Aayla: I'm so sorry. I wished I could have been pregnant before my due date too. I dunno how I'm going to deal with all these due dates coming up :( so happy for you that you got some good news, money related.

Danser: I'm so sorry to hear about the IVF. I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be.

Sunshine: thank you. Means a lot

ugh. another cousin having a baby. this will be #7 for their family. (3 for one cousin, 3 for another, and now 1 for sibling #3).

it's getting to be too much. it's getting so hard to see all of the pregnancies.

Good luck with the IUI aayla. I hope I am not being redundant or condescending here, just offering suggestions. I am not trying to loose weight but the easiest way to loose weight for me was cutting out carbs no bread, no rice, no pasta. Low sugar as well. I will not eat anything over 20 grams of carbs. I try to stick with eggs for breakfast, or yogurt with some fruit. I like to make salads or veggie based soups for lunch. I snack on cheese sticks, some fruit, lots of peanuts. I try to avoid anything processed or premade. Dinners I stick to a protein and lots of vegetables. I also do not drink anything but water, La Croix or tea ( with no milk or sugar). I had to do this for my low carb diet for PCOS.I hope this is of some help, but everyone is different.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my period I expect sometime over the weekend or early next week. I just hate waiting.

Thanks Danser. I do know to go low carb but I always love hearing what works for other people. My next step is teaching my husband not to get me things that are high carb. Bless his heart he bought be breakfast but it was a subway breakfast sandwich. Today I ate it because otherwise it is a waste of food and money but I didn't have the heart to tell him I shouldn't eat it at that moment. as long as I have no more carbs for the rest of the day I should be ok for my program.

Thanks Danser. I do know to go low carb but I always love hearing what works for other people. My next step is teaching my husband not to get me things that are high carb. Bless his heart he bought be breakfast but it was a subway breakfast sandwich. Today I ate it because otherwise it is a waste of food and money but I didn't have the heart to tell him I shouldn't eat it at that moment. as long as I have no more carbs for the rest of the day I should be ok for my program.

Being low carb sucks and for me it means almost no take out or any kinds of fast foods. I miss mostly desserts and cakes. H knows what I can and can't eat. Sometimes he will bring me home a cookie or something, I'll cheat but eat it over the course of 2 days or something.

low carb sucks. With my insulin resistance I'm not even supposed to have fruit. The only fruit I can get away with is berries as they are low glycemic. I'm looking forward to them coming into season as fresh is always better than frozen.

but now I am thinking to myself..what is more worth it...the short term taste of bread or a baby. For too long I allowed my instant craving to over ride my want of a child. No more of that.

It's funny because I follow slimming world and carbs are unlimited on it (not right not however it IS safe in pregnancy and is the only approved diet in pregnancy) in fact it's not a diet because you don't have to restrict yourself. All of the following foods are free- as in, eat as much as you like!
Pasta, potatoes, rice, cous cous, all meat with fat removed, fish, seafood, eggs, fruit, veg, fat free yogurt and cottage cheese.

You then get 1 a choice - milk or cheese, a b choice- bread, cereal etc, and then 15 Syns a day to use on what ever you like- alcohol, sauces, chocolate etc.
it's definitely not a quick fix i usually lose 2 or 3kb a week but I'm not big- others lose more, and it's sustainable x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->