August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

It was very quick and intense - felt pressure low down at 4.15am this morning, by 6.45 my waters had broken and I was on my way to hospital. Got here at 7ish and was 5cm. Had progressed to fully dilated within the hour and he was born after three big pushes. Had no time for pain relief this time just a bit of gas and air to get me through transition.

Much less dramatic this time!

If everyone's ok with me sharing a pic I will? I know we're all at different stages of our journey and really don't want to upset anyone x

Oh Mrsmac!!! I am in tears. So happy for our first rainbow baby!! And yes I want to see pictures!!

Thank you. You ladies are awesome 😘😘

Well here he is, little Ruaridh!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 8
He's just perfect, he looks like a little doll 💙 x

Aww huge congratulations MrsMac! So glad it went smoothly for you!

Have I missed an update from Joo's birth? Think she was due end of June?

Thanks ladies! Ooh I think Joo was first, I don't think she updated, and claireybell is due any day now x

Ah yes! Joo. Hope you update!!

MrsMac: he is so beautiful.

He is so cute. I agree with lora he looks like lil doll.
Oh, joo was first? Seems like she is missing in action. Hoping to hear from her too.

Congratulations again!

I recently had a miscarriage. I have 2 kids, right now in the 2WW. sorry for all your loss

Cd 1 today! We have decided to go ahead with the IUI. The clinic called and it just fueled me up wanting to do it. So I am taking on more hours at work to be able to afford it.

But talking to the nurses is like banging my head against the wall. So frustrating. I seem to be talking to a different nurse all the time. Trying to convince them that I know when I ovulate is like pulling teeth. I am told to do opk's with fmu. Only to use clear blue or first response and not the digi kind. When I see my surge call in. 1) I don't surge in the morning. Never have. 2) I now surge the day I ovulate based on temping 3) if I don't detect a surge by cd 18 they want to do blood work and they will assume I didn't ovulate. But I know this will be true because I don't ovulate until cd 19 or 20 as I have 35 day cycles. They keep acting like I have a 28 day cycle. I have never had a cycle that short.

I will likely call in in a week and book the iui for Aug 30 which is cd 19. I am still going to use opk's but I do hope she isn't early as I won't be in town on cd 16/17.

Sorry for your loss pnut.

Aayla, was eagerly waiting for a update from you. I get it. Sometimes docs pretend as if we have zero knowledge on our body. Good luck and praying that this is it.

Agghh congrats on doing IUI Aayla I hope this works. When I did IUI I was doing injectable meds ( menopur) and triggered ovulation with ovidrel so my RE knew exactly when I was going to ovulate. In fact I was monitored with a u/s every other day so they knew how big the follicles were growing to best time the trigger. My RE does injectibles to insure the best timing for IUI, otherwise it's a waste of insurance/your money. Keep us posted.

I had my appointment yesterday with the MFM. My cervix is closed and Duck looks good. I've been feeling lots of movement over the past week or so it's amazing. So I no longer need meds or bed rest. Right now I have weekly appointments between the OB and the MFM. I may go back to work in the next week or so. I miss Maggie but am so grateful at least Duck is doing so well.

Danser: Glad duck is doing well and you are off bed rest.

The doc isn't doing injections as he said if we go that route we might as well do ivf. Since I have 3 rounds left on letrozole and I got pregnant with timed intercourse they just want to do the insemination. It is only $400 this way add injections and monitoring and it jumps to $2500.

But i am concerned about timing. I will be doing the opk's but I have had cycles where I never caught the surge even testing 3 times a day. I am pretty sure I ovulated on cd 19 for 3 cycles and FF put it on cd 20 my last cycle but it could have been cd 19.

So do I risk it with the opk or schedule the iui and if I schedule do I do it on cd 19 to match previous cycles or cd 20 to match last cycle?

Hey Ladies,
Truly sorry how some of you are dealing with doctors that think you have no idea about your body. I am 5 DPO and I am really hoping we get it this time, my loss last month makes me want a Rainbow baby even more. Aayla, I had 3 IUI done, all failed, but I got pregnant with my first baby the cycle after naturally. Good luck

Thanks! I don't ovulate in my own and likely never have so natural will never be for me. But I came to terms with that a long time ago. If the iuis fail it is on to IVF.

I have been back and forth with these nurses for over a year. I sometimes think they don't believe in temping. She seemed sort of skeptical. But yet they rely on my peeing on a stick :haha:

Danser: Glad duck is doing well and you are off bed rest.

The doc isn't doing injections as he said if we go that route we might as well do ivf. Since I have 3 rounds left on letrozole and I got pregnant with timed intercourse they just want to do the insemination. It is only $400 this way add injections and monitoring and it jumps to $2500.

But i am concerned about timing. I will be doing the opk's but I have had cycles where I never caught the surge even testing 3 times a day. I am pretty sure I ovulated on cd 19 for 3 cycles and FF put it on cd 20 my last cycle but it could have been cd 19.

So do I risk it with the opk or schedule the iui and if I schedule do I do it on cd 19 to match previous cycles or cd 20 to match last cycle?

Did you bring up possibly not catch your surge with OPK's with the RE? My concern if you do the IUI on CD 19/20 you may not O then on this cycle. Can you have monitoring while on femara to measure the follicle sizes? Even in the cycles where I just used femara I was monitored to make sure a follicle was growing and I was timing intercourse as best as possible. Even if it's expensive to have monitoring it may be worth it to know you hit the best timing you could. If not at least see if they can monitor you the day of the IUI before you go ahead with it or even a day or two before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->