August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Lora I am so sorry you are going through this. I think this one would be classified as a chemical pregancy, like you said..if you had waited until af was due you probably wouldn't have even known. This type of pregnancy happens in most women. This is why I believe that the idea that you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month is BS. I think it happens far more often but most women aren't aware because they don't test early.

I have heard that they cause heavier periods to happen because the lining is so thick to try to sustain the baby and it may be a tad longer than normal. The hcg didn't get up to really high levels so you should be back to normal fairly quickly.

But I agree that the baby needs to be acknowledged. Everyone is telling me to not test early this time and that if I had waited until af was late then I probably wouldn't have known as I started spotting 4 days after af was due. But even though the grief sucked I wouldn't change when I tested. I won't change now. I am waiting until 10 dpo only because that was when I got my first squinter. But we shall see. lol

I'm so sorry Loraloo about your loss. Life just sucks sometimes. I hate ttc and losses and I can only imagine for you with losing two later in pregnancy after the supposed safe zone, that you just don't feel in control. I really do think it's the fact that at any time something may happen and we can't do a damn thing about it.

AFM I'm grumpy because we aren't *TMI* doing the business enough lol my hubby works shift work and then I as well as working a few days through the week work his days off so we hardly see each other and no time to bd. I go to bed around 10-11pm for a 7am shift and he goes to bed 12-1am as he doesn't have to be up till later. No matter what I say I can't seem to get him to come to bed earlier as he doesn't want to know about about Ovulation or anything like that at all. Such a freaking pain. I'm sure I'm in my fertile days now and last dtd two days ago so need to get him in the sack tonight lol ;)

Hi ladies, whats up?
All of sudden everyone gone silent.

Kakae, hope you two get to BD. It's frustrating sometimes isn't it? "Get him in sack " I giggled at this.

Afm, cd10 today and had sticky cm yesterday. I noticed it always start at cd9 hopefully will catch that eggy this ttime. Dd is dowb with fever and cold si, not sure whether we can do enough bd but, fx.

Sorry everyone seems to be struggling a bit lately.

Sweety hope M is better soon hun.

Kakae glad you got some bd in - men hate timed bd I think, I know mine does but I keep telling him tough luck, that's how babies are made.

I'm really down today. Woke up to the news my friend/ex-friend/no idea where this friendships going ... Had her baby last night, on my youngest 2s birthday. Ive been dreading this day (know that sounds awful) it's like a lunch in the face and I'm not dealing very well with it.

Ive been really emotional last couple of days. I'm dealing with the most recent 2 losses and it's Eve's birthday on the 26th. My hormones are all over, my emotions are all over and I just feel desperate for a baby more than ever now.

Hey ladies, hope you're doing ok. Sorry if I've been a bit quiet, think
I'm just at a stage where I don't really know where I fit in best, it feels a bit strange to be posting in here much but I don't feel like I belong in the first tri threads really either.

I had my private scan booked for this afternoon hoping to get some reassurance, but really wish I hadn't gone now and I'm so worried. My dates put me at 7+5, and due to charting ovulation etc there's not really much room for error there other than early or late implantation. I haven't even had sex since the day before ovulation, so I couldn't have conceived any later even if ovulation was wrong for some reason.

Anyway the sonographer was really positive and said everything was fine, gestation sac, yolk sac, baby and heartbeat. But she said I'd obviously got my dates wrong and I'm only between 5 and 6 weeks.
I told her this wasn't possible, so she tried to get the measurements again, but biggest she got was 6+1. She's saying I can't have ovulated any earlier than the 9th of October, but I got my positive HPT on the 7th of October. None of it adds up or makes any sense, and I can't think of a reasonable explanation other than this little one is struggling too and the worst is going to happen again. Just cried all the way home and gutted I've wasted so much money on it.

Well I'm no expert but 5 to 6 weeks sounds wY off!

With Amy I had scans at 3+5, 5+5 and 7+5

The first scan we saw nothing, second (internal scan) an empty sac and third one sac, yolk sac, fetal pole and hb.

Your scan sounds exactly right to me, but can understand why you are upset. I'm hoping the measurements were just off slightly- I had an early scan with William and then the following week got put forward 6 days. Did you get a pic? Xx

I'm not sure what the pics are like, I haven't even looked at them 😕 I was so upset I just took the bag of stuff they gave me left, haven't looked at it since I got home.

The scan I had at EPU with my last mc put me at 5-6 weeks too, but there was no heartbeat, no baby, and no yolk sac, so doesn't make sense they're putting me at the same today but could see so much more. I wouldn't have expected to see a heartbeat at all if I really was less than 6 weeks. I know the measurements can easily be slightly off this early, but I wouldn't have thought enough to be two weeks out. I told her I was sure I should be at least 7 weeks, and she just laughed at me and said it obviously wasn't a 7-8 week baby as you can tell just by looking.

She offered to do an internal scan, but when I asked if that would be more accurate she said no so I didn't bother as I don't like the idea of interfering internally at this stage stupid as that may sound. I'm sure I've always been told before that internals are much more accurate at this stage, but she was basically saying there was no point and it was as if she was just doing it to prove a point or something.

im surprised at her reaction. I thought it was pretty unusual to see a hb until 6 weeks and a few days at the very least.
Sounds to me like your little bean is doing absolutely fine, but now you're worried more than you were before you went :(
What's hubby said? Xx

I think he's desperately trying to find explanations for me as he can see how upset I am, but he's pretty clueless about it all really. He just said there's a heartbeat so that means everything's fine, and he found something on google that says there isn't a heartbeat until
7 weeks, so that was enough to convince him there's nothing to worry about and I must be over 7 weeks

I would probably ask your Dr for a scan next week to put your mind at rest or you're just going to be worrying xx

Bubbles: I am sorry you are having to worry. I was told by my sonographer that at 5 weeks she didn't expect to see anything. All I have read and heard from ladies that 7 weeks is where you can see the heartbeat.

Why don't people believe us when we say we know our dates? We are obsessive when we ttc. This is the whole point of charting. Lol

I think baby is fine and you are right. Your sonographer is an idiot. And I am comfortable with your posting here. We may be ttc but I think we have all grown close with our losses and I would love to follow everyone's pregnancy.

Lora: i'm sorry you having to deal with so much at once.

Afm: nothing new going on. Cd 6. Af is on her way out. Tomorrow is my last letrozole pill. I am picking up my opk's today. Starting to get excited. I am only 10-11 days out from ovulation. If O follows the same pattern as before.

Hey ladies, sorry not been around much - work is crazy crazy busy and DS isn't sleeping great so very little been happening here!

Bubbles, the sonography the sounds like a tit! Internal would give him/her a much closer look. And to say the furthest along you could be is 6+1 doesn't make sense if you've seen a hb - I'm pretty sure heart doesn't start beating til 6+2!

Anyway, all sounds fine - seeing a hb is a great sign. I know it's so hard not to be anxious but try to stay positive xx

Afm: cd5 and AF just tailing off so will hopefully start the OPKs and BDing soon 😁

Bubbles so sorry ur scan was shit hun x u should have had the internal hun (it doesn't hurt baby) everything I have read says an internal scan can assess better at this early stage as closer to uterus. The external one is just not as accurate so early. Did she give you the foetal pole measurement hun? Sometimes you can work out how far along you are from that ......u shud try to relax if u can sweetie as ur dh says u got a good hb and that is what u shud focus on as I personally don't think u wud get a hb yet if u were only 5/6 weeks big hugs xxx

Lora big hugs to u hun xxx sorry for ur loss. At least ur body is trying to get pg hun that is half the battle u just need a healthy egg big Huns hope urban feel better soon sweetie

Hi Ayala fingers crossed for a good strong O for u this month sweetie xxx

Hi to everyone else xxx

I did soy iso this month I took a lowish dose from cd2-7 hoping for more than one mature egg that might stick as one healthy baby. I'm doing a trigger when I get a + opk. Am cd11 today & no sign of O yet but they say expect to O 5-9 days after soy so time will tell. I might be joining u Ayala xx

Hey Mrsmac sorry I posted the same time as you xxx hope ur well apart from crazy busy xx

Sunshine have y tried soya before? Sorry if I've already asked that. It's my first cycke trying it.

I'm on cd4 and I'm on the second day. I'm taking 150g

Seems a few of us are at the beginnings of iur cycles hopefully we can go through the tww together x

Hey Lora I took it for 3 months in a row last year hun & so this is my fourth time taking it & I have taken 140 this time & 180 last two days. I took high doses last year up to 200 per day & my second month on it had a cp & then third month got pg again but was mmc and baby stopped developing at 6 weeks. I think both mcs were age related though hun as although I still feel young I'm classified as an old bird in ttc terms lol! I have been taking coq10 600 a day since my mc in August and I'm hoping it might have helped with egg quality and if I get pg this cycle it might work out ......... I took it cd2-7 this month to see if it helps mature eggs a bit more but who knows hey .... are you taking it before bed?

Wow quite a success then (in terms of actually getting pregnant)

No I took it this morning- is it supposed to be taken before bed? Xx

Yes it worked for me before hun that is why I'm trying it again now. If you take it just before you go to sleep you can sleep thru any side effects hot flushes or head aches ....

Hey ladies, sorry haven't read anything yet but thought you'd like to know we have dtd!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->