August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Aayla, the test line doesn't look like as dark as control line in picture. How about in reallife?

Afm, 8dpo today. Forgot to bring thermometer so no idea about temperature. I however do have bleeding which is pinkish. I am aware it could be ib but, could also be from fungal infection or start of early period? Still 7days away from af though so infection related might be cause(mr goggle told me). Wish I had my thermometer with me today. TMI the medicine came out today when I was in toilet doing my business.So, the timing really bad. I wish I never had this damn infection atleast I could have relaxed a bit in tww.Medicine was definitely different than the big blob of creamy cm I had yesterday. Will be testing on Friday.

It is so hard to tell. It looks really really close IRL. Man I wish I went with the digital smiley test now. And my temps are crazy. There is no shift to say that I ovulated after the surge.

I'm so sorry bubbles, that's not what I was hoping to hear. Update when you have a chance and feel like you want to. We're all here for you hon xx

Much love bubbles. Thinking if you lots xx

Aayla looks negative but close- reckon if you yest again in a few hours it'll be positive!

Sweety, sounds promising- it's about now that Ib would hsppen!

Cd15 for me negative opk xx

Wish I had brought one with me to work. Lol oh well. I will test when I get home in about 5 hours. Hopefully I didn't miss it. But we are still doing it every day. Hubby was told that the sex is just for fun now..so no more pressure for him.

Thinking of you bubbles, we're here for you when you're ready to talk xx

Don't think I have much more to add to the last post really, think I felt more relieved than anything yesterday to have a definite answer instead of more waiting around not knowing, but it's hit me harder today. Just had to phone up to cancel my booking appointment which I'm meant to be at in a couple of hours, and explain the reasons why to someone who sounded like they couldn't care less again.

At the scan they told me there are no signs my body is recognising the pregnancy has ended, which fits with me still having all my symptoms.
It's a horrible feeling knowing I'm carrying around my dead baby, and still waking up with morning sickness as if everything should still be ok. So they've recommended I go down the medical management route and opt for the tablets. In some ways I would like this to be over as soon as possible with the d&c, but I don't want to risk them causing any permanent damage, no matter how small the risk is, I have previous bad history with hospital f**k ups. They told me they'd referred me straight to the EPU at my local hospital and I should hear back from them yesterday, but heard nothing so far. Can tell I'm going to end up having to chase them up.

The doctor who did the scan also said I should be able to get further tests/investigations into why this keeps happening now I've had 3 losses, but also pretty much said they probably wouldn't be interested in doing anything as my losses weren't consecutive, as if that makes them any easier to deal with and any less likely to happen again, or easier for me to cope with any future pregnancy or loss.

This is such a horrible situation to be in, I can't believe I'm here again. The knock on effect it seems to have on day to day life really gets me down, this will mean more time off work, more explaining to do when I go back, more weeks of feeling completely lost and empty and upset. Another Christmas announcement ruined, another Christmas to get through making out everything is fine. And still got all my pregnant friends with bigger bumps by the day. The friend who had the same due date as my Aug/Sept loss was going to have DD today while I was at my booking appointment, so I let her know she didn't need to anymore and had to explain why. Now she's doing the same as last time, insisting I go see her, asking if she can take DD for the day etc. I've just lost my baby, the last thing I want is for anyone to take my DD away from me, or to spend the day with someone whose pregnancy is fine who is due their baby when I should've been having mine. I know she is just trying to help but it really gets me down how little people who have been through this can understand. I just want to hide away from everyone and be on my own, another day of me and DD not even getting dressed or opening the curtains. When I was due at the same time as my friend, our babies would've probably been in the same class at school, now they won't even be in the same year if I conceive again. I only wanted a 1-2 year age gap between my kids, now it's going to be at least three already, with just massive doubts at this stage that I'll ever have another baby at all.

I don't think DH knows what to do either, so he just acted like everything was fine, which really upset me. He didn't even ask how I was, then asked what we're doing today as if we'd have a really fun day lined up. So this has the knock on effect of me and DH falling out when we need to stick together. I didn't see him since the scan until this morning, as we ended up having to go straight from the scan to visit my sister in hospital, which was an 8 hour round trip plus the couple of hours we stayed with her, so I didn't get home until DH was already in bed. I think this has really shocked him as he was convinced everything was going to be ok despite me telling him it wasn't. I understand people trying to be positive, but it really annoys me how often I know something is wrong and can't get anyone to listen, especially medical professionals. The person doing the first scan really should've taken notice of me being 100% sure of my dates and given me the extra support I needed then, not tell me I just had my dates wrong and everything was fine, and send me away having to pay out for another scan elsewhere.

Don't know how many times I can keep putting myself through this. The doctor doing the scan yesterday was one of those who insists you should wait a complete cycle and AF before trying again, and actually said it was probably because we didn't wait after my last loss that this one has happened. I'm not particularly happy about that, as DD was conceived straight after a loss and is fine, I don't think she can know it has happened this time due to us not waiting, I've had two losses that weren't straight after others so how can they said this one was caused by not waiting?

Sorry for the rant, just a big mess today, upset, angry, scared and down knowing that it's a particularly crap few weeks ahead, which is just the start of more waiting and not knowing.

Bubbles I am so very sorry you are going through this. I wish there was something I could do from my part of the world. All I can offer is an ear to listen if you need to talk, rant or whatever.

I would be happy to be Facebook friends. With any of you. Sometimes we need people to talk to but not on this forum as it can be too hard to be on here sometimes. Like I wish I could know how Vicky was doing. If anyone is interested let me know.
We could create a secret group too

So sorry bubbles, I can empathise with so much of what you wrote.

Although alfie and Eden were later losses (18 and 15 weeks) they were still reluctant to do testing. Eden did have a post mortem, but they wouldn't do any generics because I had Alice in between. That's why ive not bothered asking for advice with the latest loss. It stinks. The Dr just said to me 'you've had 6 healthy babies and your genetics don't change so it's unlikely to happen again' well- it did.

It's really hard to be on the wrong end of statistics again and again.

I know ive had a lot of pregnancies, but out of the last 4, ive only brought 1 home.

You can spend all the time wondering what if, what did I do, what didnt I do? And it's torture, I really think more support needs to be given and more testing with 2 or more losses.

Fwiw- medical management worked well for me and quickly too (d&c wasn't an option but Id not have chose it anyways) and the nurses were very kind and caring.

Just so sad that you're having to go through this x

Aayla I'm Lora leigh Allonby on facebook. Ive got a couple of lovely ladies already but anyone else on here feel free to add me too x

I know what you mean about the statistics thing, with each loss I've had the same speech about how having one doesn't mean you're likely to have another, then how having two doesn't make you likely to have another, etc.
None of the facts and figures make me feel any better now. I've also had the whole 'at least you know you can get pregnant' thing, what use is being able to get pregnant any number of times if it's always going to end like this? Each loss has been really different too, there were no signs anything was wrong this time until that first scan at nearly 8 weeks, the tests were all progressing fine at the right times, my temps stayed high, I could've easily got to my first hospital scan at 12 weeks thinking everything was on track.

I'm getting nowhere today, still no contact from the hospital, I've been trying to get through to them myself but it was just ringing out with no answer, then a long winded voicemail about leaving details for them to call me back, but said at the end of the message that the voicemail isn't working and they can't get the messages, so pointless leaving one. Now it's just going straight to voicemail and they're only open until 2pm so I'm obviously not getting any further forward today.

I'm sure the tablets would be the best option to sort things out quickly if I could actually get them.

It's so awful you can't get hold of them. It just makes a horrible situation even harder. I also have had the 'at least you can get pregnant speil and also the 'least you've got children' one 😠 irritating to say the least.

Hope you manage to get hold of somebody soon xx

So sorry to see your sad news bubbles. I hope you get through to.someone who can help xx

my profile pic is of a Peanut character I made of myself.

I also got the "at least you can get pregnant" vomit. From my doctor, friends and family. Even from my sister who has had multiple miscarriages! It's like people don't think before they speak.

EPU are closed now and still not been able to speak to anyone. At least I'm not meant to be at work until the weekend so one less thing to worry about for now.

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook I'm Casey Coward, profile pic is me and DD in raincoats x

Opk this morning was definitely negative. Waited the full 10 min and not even close to being the same colour. I have 3 more tests left so I will just test them out. I guess I will just have to wait to see what my temps do and then on cd 24 I will be going for my progesterone test to confirm if ovulation happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->