• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Totally unrelated question... But does anyone know if you are safe to go swimming after a mc? I'm really keen to get my fitness back up but don't want to risk infection. Probably a silly question :blush:

The doctor didn't say specifically, but I've read online that people were told not to take baths in the 2 weeks following the mc. I might shy away from swimming, but that's just me. You could give your doc a buzz.

Wow, already 11pages? love it. I am on CD27 and gonna try after af is here. I had spotting today but, nothing yet to call it af. Wish it would hurry so I can move on.

Nothing really new to report here. Almost finished moving into our new place. I now have to do some loads of furniture that didn't get done and finish the cleaning. thankfully today my mom is helping. I was there for 6 hours yesterday and I feel like I got so little done.

So temp dropped down again today. Pretty sure I didn't ovulate. going back over my cycles (particularly the anovulatory one), it looks like I gear to O on cd 17 but without the meds it just doesn't happen. But I'm okay with this. I know this isn't a real cycle. I'm on "cd25" right now. As long as af stays away for a bit longer. I just hate not knowing when to expect it. I have this feeling I am going to miss this cycle because of this stupid biopsy I have to get done and how late they want me to test out the hcg. I could call them now and say a test was negative (which the dollar store ones are) but the frer came back light positive. I really can't afford to be spending $20 a week just to pee on a stick in hopes that it is negative. I wonder if they will accept a negative 2 days sooner. If I can get in early next week I may not miss it.

If this follow my other anovulatory cycle I can expect af on monday or tuesday but if it follows my regular cycles then I can expect af on Oct 10. (I hoping for the longer one).

What would you guys do?

Hi all. Congratulations Vicky! That was super fast xx

I had my GP appointment today (BV) and she said I need some swabs and to book an appointment with the nurse... 26th October!!! Is there a shortage of nurses??? So I have waited over a week for my appointment today, now have to wait nearly a month for swabs, then will have to wait for results and then go see the doctor again for antibiotics/pessaries. So I'll likely be out next month too :cry: Do you think if I actually manage to get pregnant, they would swab me earlier?

Joo, are you in the UK? I'm pretty sure the family planning clinic can do it. I'm not sure they can prescribe the antibiotics but they can definitely swab for it then get in touch with your GP who will just write the prescription. My mate works for the sandiford clinic (family planning where I live) and she does swabs all day every day! That might speed things up a bit xx

Hey ladies good to see you all here xxx

Joo that's awful they have to see u sooner surely?

Lora I took soy iso last year for 3 cycles got pregnant 2 of the cycles the first was a chemical and second mmc - I don't think the mcs were because of soy just my older eggs lol I'm going to take it again once my cycle settles down a bit.

I am very happy today - after random bleeding Friday for 11 hours that went away again I started bleeding tiny bit yesterday and then properly today with proper af cramps and some clotty bits - yeah has!! Never been so happy to get af pains!

Hope everyone is well xx

Yes Mrsmac, I am in the UK :)

Well after being quite upset about it all evening, I've decided I'm going to ring back tomorrow to ask if there's any way to have it done sooner. The receptionist did mention something about the family planning clinic they run but didn't pursue it - I think the issue was that the doctor I had just seen said she needs to be present, not making a double appointment but just has to be on a day when she is in so she can pop in the room. Why couldn't she just do the swab in the first place if she has to be in the room anyway? When I had a swab years ago it was the GP who did it :huh: Anyway, when I ring tomorrow I'm going to ask if it has to be the same doctor or if I can just do it without her and use the family planning service. Not willing to wait that long!

Ps interview tomorrow :happydance:

Hooray for ad and CD1, sunshine! X

Joo I find it ridiculous that you have to wait 4 weeks for the swabs? Why on earth could the gp not do it today? That's terrible, hope you manage to get an earlier appt.

Sunshine that's great news- hopefully it's the last one you'll have for a few months!

Isn't it strange to think how these last few weeks we've all been willing Af to come and our tests to go negative.

Now we're hoping for AF to stay away and tests to go positive again!

Joo I find it ridiculous that you have to wait 4 weeks for the swabs? Why on earth could the gp not do it today? That's terrible, hope you manage to get an earlier appt.

Sunshine that's great news- hopefully it's the last one you'll have for a few months!

Isn't it strange to think how these last few weeks we've all been willing Af to come and our tests to go negative.

Now we're hoping for AF to stay away and tests to go positive again!

Very strange isn't it. I was saying to OH the exact same earlier. Gone from wanting a BFP, to preying af comes, & now we're all hoping it stays away and BFP to come again.
Have you any idea when you're due to ovulate? I know you've said your cycles are long, but we seem to be around the same cycle time. We could end up been in the TWW together 😊

Totally unrelated question... But does anyone know if you are safe to go swimming after a mc? I'm really keen to get my fitness back up but don't want to risk infection. Probably a silly question :blush:

The doctor didn't say specifically, but I've read online that people were told not to take baths in the 2 weeks following the mc. I might shy away from swimming, but that's just me. You could give your doc a buzz.

I had a bath the day after my mc, & every day since and I didn't have any problems. If you've stopped bleeding completely I can't see it been a problem going swimming. But that's just my opinion

Have had cramping and some spotting today. I am going to call the doc in the morning. I have a feeling af is on her way and I don't want to miss out on this cycle. I am going to pick up a cheap test just to give them a result not a week old.

Urgh. One of my friends just told me she's pregnant with twins :cry: I feel awful - I'm happy for her but sad for sad for myself if that makes sense.

She's the fourth person to announce their pregnancy since our loss, the one before that is a girl I know from baby group who has been moaning for about six months about how miserable she is in her relationship. I'm happy for her too but feel like DH and I are in a great position financially, we are happy as Larry and both have good careers yet we are struggling :(

Feel really selfish feeling like this

It's awful isn't it. I suspect my best friend has just started trying so am expecting an announcement soon. It just seems so unfair that other people have no problems ttc and healthy pregnancies. I'm back at work this week and there are two ladies pregnant and one off on maternity leave. It's not fair :cry:

I had a bath the day after my mc, & every day since and I didn't have any problems. If you've stopped bleeding completely I can't see it been a problem going swimming. But that's just my opinion

I've had a bath everyday too. I was worried about the chlorine in the swimming pool :shrug:

I might ring the hospital and ask them.

I've never heard of the no bath thing either.

Kandl I have no idea when I will ovulate, I was hoping next week but I'm on day 10 of bleeding now. AF is usually 5 days long do I expect the first half of bleeding was mc bleeding, flushing out what was left.

So while I could be on cd 10, I'm more likely on cd 5 imo!

Mrsmac I get the pregnancy jealousy thing too. There's a mum at school that was my bump buddy, seeing her bump growing each week is torture. Also have a heavily pregnant friend that's due a girl any day now. We were pregnant together when I was expecting Eve- and she got to keep her baby and I didn't, so I find this one particularly hard, it's a double blow.

The days are going so slow lately. It's only just over 6 weeks yet feels like 6 months.

Aw Mrsmac it's totally normal to feel that way after what you've been through. I wondered at first if I was just more sensitive to announcements etc since my loss and it just felt like there were more of them than usual, but I'm seriously seeing at least one new one every day on Facebook at the moment. For some reason they seem to feel even more hurtful to see when it's people who weren't even trying and feel the need to actually announce that it was a shock, I sometimes feel as if I deserve to have my baby more than they did which I know sounds stupid. So many of the people I know who had a baby around the same time I had DD are expecting their second in the next few months, and I find it really hard seeing all the updates on their progress when I should have my second on the way too. And it probably sounds even more ridiculous, but I'd always hoped to have number 2 around March time, we ended up having to avoid that as my due date would've been my sisters wedding day, but we conceived that baby we lost in the next month. Now I'm hearing constant announcements of babies due in March, and can't help but think every time it should be me. The baby I lost would've been due on my mum's 60th birthday, so I feel as though her birthday is going to be a reminder every year of what happened.

Mrsmac, I know exactly what you mean & how you feel. You just feel like shouting at the people who moan about unhappy relationships don't you "well why you having a baby if you're so unhappy & we're happy but are struggling"

Lora, I'd personally say you'd be on cd10 if that's when you started bleeding. The first day of my mc was my first cd, as af arrived 28 days later. But you know your body

Bubbles, I could or wrote that exact paragraph the same on how I feel. Awful isn't it. You do deserve your baby & you will get your rainbow, and it will then be your turn to announce your pregnancy & your progress :hugs:

I've just checked with the hospital and they said to avoid swimming for two weeks as the risk of infection is higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->