August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Mrsmac and Lora, hang in there. Hope everything turns out ok with both of you. fx.

kandl, it's a beautiful little bump.

Sorry, I couldn't catch every post here because tomorrow is shifting day. Still so many things to pack. I am going crazy packing all the stuff.

Well I must be showing because my manager said to me "you're looking tubby today Katie" haha 🙊

I know the cheeky get! Haha
How are you feeling anyway, mrsmac?

Just spoken to my herbalist so feel a lot better thanks hon - she's sending me some progesterone drops and has given me some strict dietary guidance, and says there's no reason why this can't be a successful pregnancy if I start the progesterone drops now. But she also rightly pointed out that, if it isn't my time now, I've come far enough to get pregnant twice in six months when previously I wasn't even ovulating! So, feeling a bit more positive xx

How are you doing after the offensive outburst from your manager?! :rofl:

Great that she's sending you the drops Mrs Mac!

I'm just feeling really anxious :(

Wish I'd never asked for the bloods but I have to see it through. I'm scared of what tomorrow's results will be x

The waiting and waiting is the worst part. Try not to worry yourself, you've had some great lines in the last few days!

I am trying so hard not to be worried/upset - it does me no good. I'm cramping quite a bit this morning so of course I'm worrying.

But after speaking to the herbalist last night, I feel a lot more philosophical about it - I can get pregnant, which is the bit I didn't think I could do, and she thinks everything else is fixable.

So I'm going to avoid stressing, relax, eat plenty of good food and avoid vegetable oil like the plague! X

So, glad to know that Mrsmac. Hope these progesterone drops help you bringing this lil bean home. fx crossed for you.

Lora, I think you did right thing asking for blood results. Atleast you will get to know what is going on. Wish you good luck for tomorrow. fx everything will be ok.hugs.

Thanks Sweety.

Mrs Mac whatson the good food list? Ive barely eaten in 2 days. On the up side ive lost 4lb lol.

Thanks Sweety.

Mrs Mac what's on the good food list? Ive barely eaten in 2 days. On the up side ive lost 4lb lol.

Couple of things she advises:

Plenty of fruit, fruit juices and root veg
Well cooked leafy green veg
Good quality red meat and fish
Plenty of eggs and milk, organic of pos
Do not under eat - plenty of food! And make sure there's lots and lots of protein in the diet
And the most importantly - no vegetable oil! Oils like sunflower, rapeseed and canola oil block the thyroid's production of hormones so only use coconut oil, organic butter and extra virgin olive oil to cook.

She also said, and this goes against advice of midwives, max of 4oz of calves liver once a week. According to her, it doesn't contain enough retinol for vit a toxicity but is the highest form of follate (the bio identical form of folic acid). I don't like liver and I'm paranoid about Vit A so I won't be eating liver!

She also said rest and avoid stress if possible.

Some of the things I've got on the menu for rest of this week (I'm off on holiday so I've got time to cook!):

beef stew with parsnips, carrots and sweet potato
Thai chicken soup with butternut squash for lunches
Honey mustard salmon with veggies
Roast ham with root veg
Spag bol (it's got cooked spinach blitzed through it which makes it a touch bitter so needs a teaspoon of sugar)

X

Thanks Mrs Mac im off shopping so will stick up on all those but the liver- im with you on that one- bleurgh!

Oh I so hope we will be bump buddies for the next 8 months 💚 xx

Me too!! :flower:

I don't think I can bare another loss. I know I've only had two and you've been through things I can't even begin to imagine, but that mc in August was absolutely brutal.

I'm a bit crampy today, I'm taking it as a good sign.l and my boobs were a touch tender when I woke up. They seem to fluctuate throughout the day.

I'm sat here waiting on my Progest E drops arriving. Hurry up postie!! X

So glad she's gave you the drops mrsmac and glad you're feeling more positive about things too. But fx this little rainbow is here to stay :).

And as for the insult well, I find it quiet funny looking back, just with how he came out with it... I'm not one to take things like that to heart anyway. But I'm only going to get bigger :haha:

Any joy from postie yet Mrs mac?

There's no such as 'only' had 2 hun, one is more than enough for anyone.

Losses shouldn't be compared either, yes losing Eve was the worst thing I've ever had to go through and losing Eden and Alfie was hard, but last months loss was hard too.
We love and want our babies from the moment we see those 2 pink lines. I'm luckier in some ways that I have a very strong support network of other bereaved mums, where as many of you don't have that some level of support or outlet.

It's still such a taboo subject.

I'm feeling really we out now. Going for my bloods after the school run again as I'm trying to keep to the same time so that the resukts give an accurate reading if they're doubling or not.

One minute I convince myself everything is fine and then the next im sure I'll lose it. The not knowing is so hard x

Oh hon, please try not to worry so much. Think of the very strong second lines on those FRERs and the progression on the digi - two really positive signs!

Still no sign of the drops but got a text from the courier to say they'd be delivered before 7.20 tonight 🙈

Random time! Bet it's right on 7.20 too lol, I hate waiting for parcels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->