August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Awwwww! Cute! Congrats KandI, so glad all was well yesterday X

Lora, how are you doing hon? X

Aayla, sorry you had a bad day yesterday, Christmas shows are definitely the way to go! X

Congrats Kandi!

Today I'm 5 DPO, really nothing too exciting to report. I'm finally getting over being sick, I'm waiting my progesterone blood work to come back in this afternoon 7 DPO is Xmas eve and the office is closed.

Danser, just don't be discouraged if it's a lower number. When I first got tested it was at 12 on CD21. They started with the assumption of ovulation on cd14. But I didn't ovulate until cd17. I don't know how much it would have risen in the 3 days. The next month they told me to do it on cd21 again even though I told them that I ovulate on cd17. So I went against them and did it on cd24 (7dpo). that cycle was up to 69. But I was also pregnant so I don't know if that raises the number or not. they say you can't rely on it though. My most recent cycle was 35. I test again on Dec 31. I won't know for sure what day I ovulate so I am putting the test in the middle. lol Also they will be closed 7dpo from cd19 (Jan 1). So I figured 7dpo from cd18 would be best.

Danser, just don't be discouraged if it's a lower number. When I first got tested it was at 12 on CD21. They started with the assumption of ovulation on cd14. But I didn't ovulate until cd17. I don't know how much it would have risen in the 3 days. The next month they told me to do it on cd21 again even though I told them that I ovulate on cd17. So I went against them and did it on cd24 (7dpo). that cycle was up to 69. But I was also pregnant so I don't know if that raises the number or not. they say you can't rely on it though. My most recent cycle was 35. I test again on Dec 31. I won't know for sure what day I ovulate so I am putting the test in the middle. lol Also they will be closed 7dpo from cd19 (Jan 1). So I figured 7dpo from cd18 would be best.

Thanks, at 5 DPO I am expecting it to be pretty low.

Lovely pic kandl glad all is well.

Mrs Mac, good days and bad days, very up and down at the minute x

I found this online when I was having my 21 day progesterone tests done. The first one, my level was less than 1. My second one was 24 (I was pregnant but didn't know it!)

Hope it goes well X

Possible interpretation of results assuming the test is properly timed are:
1. Progesterone > 30nmol/l – ovulation has occurred and the corpus luteum is producing sufficient progesterone to induce adequate secretory changes in the endometrium to assist implantation.
2. Progesterone 3-30 nmol/l – ovulation has occurred > 10 days ago or < 5 days ago, or if ovulation did occurr 5-10 days ago, the level is probably not adequate to sustain endometrial growth for satisfactory implantation.
3. Progesterone >120 nmol/l – two or more follicles have been recruited
4. Progesterone < 3nmol/l – no ovulation in previous 14 days.

Lovely pic kandl glad all is well.

Mrs Mac, good days and bad days, very up and down at the minute x

I've been thinking of you lots. Hope you've got lots of fun planned with the family over Christmas xx

I found this online when I was having my 21 day progesterone tests done. The first one, my level was less than 1. My second one was 24 (I was pregnant but didn't know it!)

Hope it goes well X

Possible interpretation of results assuming the test is properly timed are:
1. Progesterone > 30nmol/l – ovulation has occurred and the corpus luteum is producing sufficient progesterone to induce adequate secretory changes in the endometrium to assist implantation.
2. Progesterone 3-30 nmol/l – ovulation has occurred > 10 days ago or < 5 days ago, or if ovulation did occurr 5-10 days ago, the level is probably not adequate to sustain endometrial growth for satisfactory implantation.
3. Progesterone >120 nmol/l – two or more follicles have been recruited
4. Progesterone < 3nmol/l – no ovulation in previous 14 days.

Thanks, this is good info. On a medicated cycle they expect my level to be over 15, so we will see. Still waiting for a call.

Feel totally out today ladies. All symptoms gone. Did a CB digi this morning and still got 3+ but I think HCG drops when you start bleeding doesn't it? X

Sometimes symptoms come and go. An hpt doesn't mean anything at this point and I just don't understand why women keep using them as a measuring device.

Have you started bleeding? But yes, if the bleeding is a mc then the hcg will start to drop. At least it did with me. I started bleeding on a Saturday, hcg was at 365 on the sunday. By Friday it was down to 31. But then I am nearly positive I felt the baby detach the Friday night before I started bleeding.

And the further along you are the longer it takes. At least so far that I have read. I think each one is individual.

I took a test to make sure I still have a decent level of hcg in my system. It's my way of reassuring myself in the absence of symptoms. Not that unusual I don't think.

It wasn't until I was on here that i even heard of it. I've never heard of using an hpt to continue to check levels. All my subsequent research has said that it's highly unreliable as each test can be different with different sensitivities. Even my own testing has shown this. When I got my first positive it was light and I stopped testing when I got my betas back. But then I had to test it out after the mc. I had a super super dark line on a frer when my levels would have been around the same when I got my first positive test. 2 tests, totally different and telling me different things.

IMO, I just think it's pointless to continue to test and stress yourself out needlessly. I see it so often on here. Just testing, testing testing. Giving yourself a headache on whether the pink line is dark enough.

If you really want to know your levels then do it a more reliable way and get blood work done.

Feel totally out today ladies. All symptoms gone. Did a CB digi this morning and still got 3+ but I think HCG drops when you start bleeding doesn't it? X

Not with me hun, my Hcg kevels dropped and then I started bleeding. I think everything is fine, symptons do come and go, but it's normal to be anxious after a loss and look for reassurance. Id say the digi still saying 3+ is a very positive sign x

That's my point Aayla - the 3+ on a test this morning is the ONLY thing reassuring me. I'm far from stressed by the hpt. What other people choose to do with tests after the initial BFP and whether they are accurate is neither here nor there - blood work isn't routinely done in the UK unless you're unlucky enough to have had three consecutive miscarriages so for me personally, a 3+ on a digi gives me the only comfort I can get knowing that my hcg is over 2000. That's the only reassurance I have at the moment in the absence of an ultrasound, consecutive beta results or a healthy baby in my arms!!

Thanks Lora, I just feel a bit bummed today and came here for a bit of a rant and a shoulder to cry on! Appreciate I'm having a bit of a pity party X

I hope everything is ok Mrsmac

I got a call this morning my progesterone levels were at a 31.9 it's never been that high 5 DPO, but they were excited about those numbers. It seems like 7.5 mg of femara is the best for me. I guess that high a level explains why I'm so tired and my boobs are killing me.

That's my point Aayla - the 3+ on a test this morning is the ONLY thing reassuring me. I'm far from stressed by the hpt. What other people choose to do with tests after the initial BFP and whether they are accurate is neither here nor there - blood work isn't routinely done in the UK unless you're unlucky enough to have had three consecutive miscarriages so for me personally, a 3+ on a digi gives me the only comfort I can get knowing that my hcg is over 2000. That's the only reassurance I have at the moment in the absence of an ultrasound, consecutive beta results or a healthy baby in my arms!!

Thanks Lora, I just feel a bit bummed today and came here for a bit of a rant and a shoulder to cry on! Appreciate I'm having a bit of a pity party X

I know what you mean. For me, if things weren't going right (which they weren't) I wanted to know as soon as possible, and for me the tests prepared me for that. By the time I started bleeding Id already accepted that I was going to miscarry.

I think just try and cling on to the positivity of that test. Will you be getting an early scan? I know it only offers brief reassurance but it's such a long wait Til 12 weeks x

I hope everything is ok Mrsmac

I got a call this morning my progesterone levels were at a 31.9 it's never been that high 5 DPO, but they were excited about those numbers. It seems like 7.5 mg of femara is the best for me. I guess that high a level explains why I'm so tired and my boobs are killing me.

Thanks danser. Ooh that's very exciting re progesterone levels!! Here's hoping you see a BFP very soon! X

Thanks Lora, I would definitely rather know for sure - last time I had to wait 4w/4 scans before they could confirm it was a mc. So I'm kinda torn - do I go for an early scan at EPU and run the risk that they'll make me come back in two weeks without doing or confirming anything? Or do I just try and wait it out and hope that if it's going to happen, it just does! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->