August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Congratulations MrsMac that is fab news happy and healthy test of pg to you hun.

Danser I'm so sorry for your loss hun. Big hugs. My friend had a down syndrome child and wanted to make sure second child was healthy so did IVF (even though she got pg naturally on her own) she had only one healthy embryo left out of 10 eggs, it implanted and she now has a beautiful girl as well. Follow your heart with your ttc journey hun x

Hey everyone else : )

I'm so sorry to hear that Danser. Can I ask why IVF is the next step? I know we don't like to hear it but it doesn't seem like you have too much of a problem getting pregnant. I see by your signature you need fertility help but also you have been pregnant before a few times. so why IVF? It's not a guarantee of a sticky bean and so expensive.

DH has a pericentric inversion of chromosome 9, it puts us at a higher risk for miscarriage and infertility. RE wants to screen the embryos first for genetic issues mostly since we don't have a problem getting pregnant. It most seems to be about a healthy baby. It's also our ages I'm 36 and DH is 42. RE is afraid of more losses and more time wasted by going on another cycle of femara or going the iui route. Cost isn't an issue.

I got my period today and I've been feeling awful. CD 3 blood work is Thursday I go in for a sonohysterogram on Monday and on 1/20 is our IVF consult. I'm excited, overwhelmed, and nervous all at the same time. Waiting will be the worst.

I'm so sorry to hear that Danser. Can I ask why IVF is the next step? I know we don't like to hear it but it doesn't seem like you have too much of a problem getting pregnant. I see by your signature you need fertility help but also you have been pregnant before a few times. so why IVF? It's not a guarantee of a sticky bean and so expensive.

DH has a pericentric inversion of chromosome 9, it puts us at a higher risk for miscarriage and infertility. RE wants to screen the embryos first for genetic issues mostly since we don't have a problem getting pregnant. It most seems to be about a healthy baby. It's also our ages I'm 36 and DH is 42. RE is afraid of more losses and more time wasted by going on another cycle of femara or going the iui route. Cost isn't an issue.

Ah ok. That makes sense. To be able to make sure you have healthy embryos is awesome. And if cost isn't an issue then definitely go for it. I hope you keep us apprised of all the goings on. I'd love to know the full process. Where are you located?

I wish we had it covered here. If we are lucky, some jobs have insurance where we get the meds covered but nothing else. Most don't though. Total cost of ivf in canada in $16,000. For one shot. Plus they will insist that I have a bmi of under 30. That would require me to lose about 150 lbs. I've been trying to lose that weight for years. But with pcos, insulin resistance, food addiction and a slow metabolism it seems I am stuck. Although I still try.

Afm:12dpo here. Major cramping today. Very af like. Went all the way to my back but it is early. Af isn't due until Monday. I feel like she is just around the corner. I have a cold creeping on. I just wish it would come or go but I have the occasional symptom that starts and stops. Very frustrating.

Ah ok. That makes sense. To be able to make sure you have healthy embryos is awesome. And if cost isn't an issue then definitely go for it. I hope you keep us apprised of all the goings on. I'd love to know the full process. Where are you located?

I wish we had it covered here. If we are lucky, some jobs have insurance where we get the meds covered but nothing else. Most don't though. Total cost of ivf in canada in $16,000. For one shot. Plus they will insist that I have a bmi of under 30. That would require me to lose about 150 lbs. I've been trying to lose that weight for years. But with pcos, insulin resistance, food addiction and a slow metabolism it seems I am stuck. Although I still try.

Afm:12dpo here. Major cramping today. Very af like. Went all the way to my back but it is early. Af isn't due until Monday. I feel like she is just around the corner. I have a cold creeping on. I just wish it would come or go but I have the occasional symptom that starts and stops. Very frustrating.

I am in the US. Part of it is covered by insurance, we will have to pay for the PGD insurance won't cover it.

Good luck this cycle. Did you test yet?

danser I'm so sorry :( I hope af is over quickly xx

What a relief, MrsMac! Not much longer until your next scan, have you got your date through yet? xx

Nope. Haven't tested. I am going crazy. We don't have any money. Pay day is Friday. But af is due Monday. Not sure if I want to buy a test after work on Friday morning and test when I get up. (Assuming I go to work as I now have a cold).

Some symptoms have started up again. Boobs are sore and heavy, cramps, I actually craved chicken. Just last week I couldn't stand it and then when I went to the store I just had to have a BBQ chicken. I also saw a cantelope on TV and it made my mouth water. If I could have I would have reached through the television to get it. Lol

What a relief, MrsMac! Not much longer until your next scan, have you got your date through yet? xx

Yeah, it's 25th Jan at EPU, then got my normal 12w with the midwife on 5th Feb. Hoping and praying everything goes ok x

Nope. Haven't tested. I am going crazy. We don't have any money. Pay day is Friday. But af is due Monday. Not sure if I want to buy a test after work on Friday morning and test when I get up. (Assuming I go to work as I now have a cold).

Some symptoms have started up again. Boobs are sore and heavy, cramps, I actually craved chicken. Just last week I couldn't stand it and then when I went to the store I just had to have a BBQ chicken. I also saw a cantelope on TV and it made my mouth water. If I could have I would have reached through the television to get it. Lol

Good luck!

This is crazy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
No kidding! I am testing later today. I can't wait until Monday. It is 3am here and a store doesn't open until 6am. Just waiting for the time to pass. I have to walk so not sure if I am going to try to hold it or wait for "fmu".

So my IVF consultation got bumped up and it's today at 2pm I am bundle of nerves and have so many questions.

Hope it goes ok Danser. Did you yest aayla?
I'm so annoyed with pharmacist. Aarons just been in to get me some more Asprin asinky a few left and she basically told him I shouldn't be taking it. Aaron said my Dr had told me to and she said that I should have a prescription in that case?!

The Dr told me to just get over counter as they're 80p and a prescriptions £8!
Now she's put doubts in my head 😣

Lora - 😱🎈🎉 OMG! I'm so delighted for you! I am keeping absolutely everything crossed for a positive outcome this time, goodness knows you deserve this rainbow!

Aayla, excited to know if you get your BFP!

Danser, keep us posted! Hope it goes well! X

Haven't tested. Went for coffee with a friend so I am only just getting to bed now. And because of the tea i had i couldn't do a hold. Unfortunately you all will be in bed by the time I get to test. 5pm my time. Unless I get up to pee in 3 or 4 hours lol.

What's the time difference? I was awake at 2.30am this morning (major insomnia at the mo) so I may well be awake to see your update.

Fingers and toes crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->