August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Everything added up to a girl for me. All these "old wife's tales" all came back girl. Only one what came back boy, was the heartbeat which was taken at my 15 week midwife appointment. As it was 124bpm. They say if it's over 140 it's a girl and under its a boy don't they.
So all way through I was adamant he was a girl. But how wrong I was when I saw his willy :haha:

I don't even know why I believed him to be a girl, as all my symptoms were different. Sickness all day everyday, where as with DD it was more of an evening thing. I carried DD all round & this one I'm carrying al front

I have a long list of boy names but very little girl names. I've always dreamed of having boys. back when I was a kid (about 12) when my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister they did the ring test on her and then on me for fun (not sure if you have heard of it. it is where you take a gold ring, put it on a string, and hold it over the wrist. depending on how it swings depends on what it will be).

Mine said twin boys. since I have fertility issues it is more possible for me to have multiples than if I wasn't on fertility drugs.

I secretly adore the name Angus. Hubby brought it up to me years ago. We've been collecting names since we started seeing doctors. I always thought it would be cute if a little of the Guyanese came out in our child. Have a half white/half black ginger baby. It would be rare but genetics is a funny thing.

Lora, even I won't doubt your feelings. Aahh, I see. So the oldwives tales of being little sick with boys is true for you.

Kandl, lol. You must be shocked to hear he is boy. Symptoms are very misleading sometimes, so have I heard.

Afm, no sickness just nauseousness and I am 8.5weeks today. Kinda worried kind of grateful I don't have to puke alot but,what will be will be. May be my body is used to hormonesand hence not showing up.

See it's odd, with DS I was nauseous only at night. This time, all day all night for a while, then mid afternoon and throughout the night for a while but I never vomited. Had a bit of a break for a bit at 12w. Then just in the last week I've thrown up twice! And my boobs till hurt like hell too. I'm 14w now, I'd quite like some let up! X

It's really very different with everyone isn't it? Hope ms leaves you soon.

Btw, anyone gonna try baking soda test?My sil said it was correct for her so, I am tempted.

What's the baking soda test sweety? Not heard that one before

kandl, for gender prediction there is test which can be done at home. Add two tablespoon of baking soda and little pee to it afterwards. if it fizzes like when we open soda/cola it's a boy if it doesn't it's a girl. Haven't tried last time but, I might.

Hey ladies!

How is everyone doing?

I am patiently waiting for March. Hubby and I had a big talk and he admitted that he doesn't want to wait 4 months...he wants a baby now. Lol so we will back at next cycle which starts around March 20. Until then I am carrying on with my plan. I start 21 day fix when I get up today (monday). Went and did huge grocery shop and got all the healthy food I need. I should be done 1 round before we are back to ttc.

My body is acting funny. Other than my mc this is the first normal cycle I have done without letrozole. Af only lasted 4 days. But it is cd9 and I have had cramping the last 2 days. Right now there is also a pinching on the left side of my uterus. It hurts. Not sure what it is. It is too far into my cycle to be af. But way too early to be ovulation. I'm not temping or using opks because I figure I am not likely to O on my own since I never have before. I was going to go and get my progesterone tested around the time 7dpo is normally for me. This is just too weird. And quite uncomfortable.

I know quite a few ladies that have ovulated on their own after coming off meds- anything is possible!

So true. Which is why I am going to be jumping hubby whenever I can and especially around possible O time. :haha:

Another reason why I am going to get the progesterone test done. Anything over 10 is ovulation. So we shall see.

So I had two embryos at day 5 and today they felt part, so no biopsy. This IVF cycle is a complete failure, we are moving on to a new cycle next month, adjusting the medications slightly. I just don't know how to have hope anymore.

So sorry Danser. But, I will keep you in my prayers for your next cyclical to be success.

How is everyone else doing?

I'm sorry to hear that Danser. Fingers crossed for next cycle.

so I am getting a new fertility doctor. My doc quit effective immediately. I had another doc while she was, ironically, on maternity leave and he was amazing. he was the one who said screw the weight rules let's put you on letrozole right now. So I requested to go to him.

So I know it's probably water weight and what not but I have lost 3.6 lbs in my first day on this program. So excited!

Oh danser, I'm so sorry. Things seemed so positive 😞

But please don't give up hope, it ain't over! Do they understand why that might have happened? If they're altering the meds slightly hopefully that will make a difference and next cycle will be a more positive one x

I called my RE yesterday and hopefully I will hear back from him today. I have a lot of questions to ask. Thank you so much. I am trying to keep up hope, my cycle of stims won't start until March11th. I hate waiting.

That's the hardest part I think. It's like you've decided to have kids and you're ready so you want them now, it's frustrating and upsetting.

Keep up hope though hon, you're getting great help from the right doctors and we're all here to support/listen if you need to talk x

How is everyone?

Bubbles: I haven't seen you post in awhile but I saw your journal pop up to the front of the line and I see congrats are in order! I even looked on this thread to see if you said anything here but I didn't see anything. So many pregnant on here. Makes me happy. Sad too, of course. Just waiting and waiting. But with you guys it's different. I know all of your struggles and being with you all through it just makes this all more positive. I feel like this is a second family.

I have new babies in my life. 2 people just gave birth this past week. Found out my co worker is pregnant and she got pregant while using birth control. This is the hardest to deal with. She's 21, has a 2 year old and isn't sure she wants this child. She's not in a place to raise 2. She can barely raise the 1 she has right now. She asked us awhile back if she ever got pregnant with an oops if we would adopt the baby. at first I said yes because that seemed unlikely. She even said so because she was on birth control. But it wasn't that long ago and I wonder if her sixth sense kicked in. if i am right with my dates she would have been just pregnant when she asked.
I looked into direct placement adoption here and it's still expensive. it starts at $10,000. for the fees for the adoption agency, the home study and the lawyers. etc. We just can't come up with that money in less than 9 months. And then to have the possibility of her changing her mind (she has 30 days after the baby is born to change her mind). I just couldn't deal with it. Also, IVF is $16,000 here so we think that if we were going to save the money we would rather do a round of IVF.

I hate having long cycles. I'm on cd 12. I still have 24 days to go before af is due. Unless it comes early like my other anovulatory cycle did, before my bfp. that was only a 30 day cycle. But that would still be another 18 days.

Hey ladies
Hope ur all ok,
I'm cramping everyday and it's getting me anxious,
I'm 8 weeks today
I feel it is related to my heart shaped uterus now
Don't recall having so much with my girls

Aayla sorry about the long cycles they suck
I hated waiting 3 weeks for ovulation
X

I'm sorry to hear about the cramping pips. Hopefully it is just the uterus doing it's thing and you are feeling it more due to its shape.

No news from the doc yet so I am assuming there isn't anything for me to do while i wait out one cycle. My gyno thought that once I started to ovulate and even got pregnant (not sure if to term mattered) that my hyperplasia would go away. So far it hasn't resurfaced in over year so I am sure that one cycle won't be anything.

I got some newborn baby snuggles today. My friend just had her baby last week. He is so precious. It was nice to snuggle a baby again. It's been awhile. but it definitely reinforced how much I want a baby.

Yh I think ur right hun
I actually found the hb this morning so that's made me very happy
Indeed
Yey for squishy cuddles u just can't beat it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g