August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Urgh. Just back from the midwife. I have glucose in my urine :(

what does that mean exactly?

It means either I ate my lunch too close to giving my sample (and if had coke and chocolate which is totally out of the ordinary for me) or I am in for gestational diabetes.

I'm high risk because of my BMI (40) and because type 2 diabetes runs in my family so I would get a GTT at 28w regardless.

The midwife isn't worried unless it's a high reading or you test positive at two consecutive appointments.

So I will go back in 4 weeks rather than 6 for a repeat test and hope for the best! X

Urgh. Just back from the midwife. I have glucose in my urine :(

what does that mean exactly?

It means either I ate my lunch too close to giving my sample (and if had coke and chocolate which is totally out of the ordinary for me) or I am in for gestational diabetes.

I'm high risk because of my BMI (40) and because type 2 diabetes runs in my family so I would get a GTT at 28w regardless.

The midwife isn't worried unless it's a high reading or you test positive at two consecutive appointments.

So I will go back in 4 weeks rather than 6 for a repeat test and hope for the best! X

Ah, that is what I thought. My BMI is quite high as well and I am insulin resistant so I am nearly positive I with get GD. I do need to learn to lay off the carbs before I get pregnant. lol

Had a an this afternoon, all looks good so far. Due date is 14th August and, while she was at all certain, the sonographer *thinks* we're team blue! X

Mrs Mac doesnt necessarily mean either of those things. I throw glucose out in every single pregnancy- annoys the hell out of my midwives 😄

Gtt always comes back negative and it's not because ive eaten anytning sugary either, it just seems to happen.

Hopefully you're just odd like me too 😂

Sorry have not been around much on the thread, I hope everyone's ok. Nothing much to report here x

Mrsmac, so glad it's nothing. I missed your post before for that.
Congratulations for being team blue!

Oh wow I missed the post too lol!
Awww- congratulations mrsmac 😊😍

Glad she wasn't too worried amd congrats on team blue!

Afm: I am in the tww now, assuming I ovulated. Won't know until next Wednesday. But even if i didn't it is still 2 weeeks until af Body seemed to gear up for O and I have had some pinching and mild cramps the last 2 days. So we shall see. But I am looking forward to officially trying in a couple of weeks. It has become such a normal part of my life that it feels weird to not. And by not I mean not hounding hubby for sex the last few days. We missed a day or two in the fertile week to make it high chance.

All good here. I leave in just over half an hour to get my progesterone checked. I will know the results when I wake up later on today. FX I ovulated on my own. It isn't likely but it has happened to others. But I must say being approx 7dpo and not symptom spotting has been great. I wish ttc months were like this normally. It's funny how the mind works. You can't help it when you know for sure if you ovulated but when you don't know you don't bother. I need to train my brain to do that for when I am on femara. lol

I'm just keeping busy otherwise. I got a new violin teacher and I have moved on to harder pieces than Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Man was I sick of that song. Although now I use it as a warm up.

Started working on my Christmas songs in my voice lessons for my Christmas album coming out this year. I should begin recording next month I think. But it has to be soon if we want it out by November.

And now I am planning a budget so I can go back to school. I keep putting off taking classes on the what if I get pregnant. But I'm not getting any younger. I am hoping to start in September but with my brother's wedding in September I'm not sure if we pull that much money out of our budget. So it may be a January start.

and Lora: I do believe a Happy 12 weeks is in order!!

Hope everyone else is good.

Fingers crossed that you did Aayla!

Glad everything's going ok pip.

Yes, 12 weeks now. Obviously I'm pleased and it's a great milestone to reach but long way to go yet.

How's everyone else? You thought of a name for baby blue yet mrsmac?

I 'know' mines a boy and I'm so fed up that I can't think of any boys names.

I like Joseph and Edward/Ted but Asron will probably say no to both!

Xx

All good here thanks pips, 17w now and just about starting to feel little kicks instead of questionable flutters!

Fingers crossed Aayla, I found ignoring it and not TTC actually worked!! Good luck wth your violin and voice lessons. I played to grade 6 when I was at school!

Thanks Lora, happy 12w! Are feeling any better now? I had a feeling DS was a boy from the very start and was not at all surprised at 20w scan. This time I felt a bit unsure, I have been totally different this pregnancy so had talked myself into it being a girl until about a fortnight ago when I all of a sudden started to think boy again. The sonographer wasn't absolutely certain but she showed us what she was looking at and there was a definite turtle there! We'll ask again at 20w.

No names yet but I've been a bit naughty and bought some blue baby grows 😁 I can always give them as gifts if we turn out to be team pink! X

It's so nice to be able to pick out boy/girl things and it's one reason I like finding out the sex- the neutral stuff just isn't as nice.

I'm feeling pretty good, but then the sickness and exhaustion will still occasionally hit and floor me- it's so unpredictable!
Yay for kicks! I'm feeling isn't wriggles now n again when lying down, maybe felt it 2 or 3 times now, but it's so much more reassuring when you can feel regular, strong movement X

Hey ladies, hope that you're all well and good and getting bigger and 'bump'ier lol
I hope that I can join you soon....today is CD28 and I haven't had my two usual days of spotting (despite me spending half my days running to the loo to check!) I do though feel crampy...but...not in the usual crampy af way, like further down..but (again) I am constantly on edge right now as we are selling our house and buying another which is a nightmare with all the earthquakes etc where I live so I'm stressed which may make me feel crampy when its instead nerves. Usually saying I'm waiting for my af means it will be here as soon as I next go to the bathroom so if she stays away......eeeekkkkkkkk (and no I'm far too scared to test!)

Hahaha my paranoia is so bad about posting a 'maybe' then getting af that I literally just ran to the bathroom. Oh my god what a nutcase! Nothing there though! Not till I'm late, late, late. Maybe in a few days. If she doesn't come.

So I did not ovulate on my own. :( progesterone was 1.7 so not even close. But that's OK. I knew it was a long shot.

I am going to pick up a new thermometer and start temping again. I am on cd 25. So I have about 10 days until af is here.

I'm too scared to test. When I went to do the groceries I kind of hovered by the tests then walked off. I can't jinx it. Will only test if I'm late. However I am cramping quite a bit but its more twinges than normal. I'm officially going out of my mind though. It would be nice to get a bfp this month as this is due date month of our miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->