• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

B vits gals!

Hey guys this is what I got and it's great, not sure if you have anything like this in the US Lisa? - https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gro-Company-USFABB-Belly/dp/B0010X4F02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286101668&sr=8-1

So this extends your trousers waist band and then you wear the belly BAND (the tube like fabric) over this to hide the fact that you have your zipper down :haha: at least then your trousers still stay up :thumbup:

We don't have a nursery yet :( we only have a one bed flat and our bedroom is tiny. We have sent plans in to the council to get an extension so that we can make the current kitchen/dinning area into an open plan kitchen/dinning & lounge area and the current lounge at the front of the house will become a second bedroom. If the plans don't get approved we'll have to think of plan B which will be to rent our one bed out and rent another 2 bed. Not ideal...

Chrissie we have just done this to our one bed flat. We turned the kitchen into a second bedroom and moved the kitchen into the living room as an opened plan lay out. As we own our flat and weren't knocking any walls down or touching the outside of the block of flats, the council said we can do whatever we want to our property! So you shouldn't have any problems hopefully.
Its def given us more room and also a small but second bedroom!

Chrissie- yeah we have extenders like that... I found that the bella band looks funny if I pull it down to cover the zipper too... so I leave my pants mostly zipped and just unbuttoned and it works ok for now.
I think I'd be ok with it looking funny if I looked more pregnant and was announcing it publicly, lol.. right now i'm trying to be all sly.

hi medicine, you got your bfp lovely and quick congrats!!!

Hello B vits gals! I would like to join too. :)

Congrats on your bfp:) How are you feeling?

I think I might get a belly band soon but as my MS is so bad, haven't left the house since Thurs and that was to go to the docs, not sure I will need it for at least a week. That is how long I'm signed off work for. Today has been the worst so far, been sick a few times and felt sick all day. It usually goes away by 7pm but is sticking today.

At least will have the commonwealth games tovwatch this week:)

hi Medicine , congrats on your bfp, another bvits success! Welcome:flower:

Hey Chrissie, the extender looks cool, I thought you was meant to wear the bump band over your trousers though? It looks a bit funny on the ad cos its under the zipper?
I was looking at this from mothercare https://www.mothercare.com/Moda-Belly-band/dp/B001CP7W3U?_encoding=UTF8&. I prefer them because they just look like a long top and cover the zipper and everything.
I had one from Topshop but gave it away after I had my daughter :dohh:will have to repurchase now!

I cant wait to get spending as well ladies!, think its best to wait until we know the sex as I have tons on stuff from my DD so wont need everything new.

Well, Im over the cold now but still feel all blocked up, Ive read that sinus congestion is common in pregnancy, do you guys know anything I could take for it?

Congrats medicine!

Hey Tinks, unfortunately our kitchen/lounge/dinning room wouldn’t fit in our front room :( So we will have to build on. Glad you guys found a solution though! At least you have a baby room to decorate...

The Belly BELT is a piece of elastic that buttons into your trousers to extend the waistband, they have a little flap you can use to hide your underwear but I don't use this. Then you would wear the Belly BAND over this to hide the open zipper etc. The one you sent me is the BAND, that's just a piece of fabric, I don't think it would really hold your trousers up though?

I'm wearing my Belt today and it's so much more comfy sitting at my desk!

I'm wearing my belly band today, totally more comfortable than having that button dig into my belly.
I can still button my pants, they're just uncomfortably tight.
I left the zipper partway done because I think the belly band looks funny when its dragged down far enough to cover the whole zipper... partly because it likes to stay down in front, but slids up on my butt... so it ends up looking like I'm wearing maternity jeans only like I didnt' buy a long shirt to cover them.
So, I lock the zipper in place about an inch down from the button and cover it with the band, and it looks just like I'm layering a tank top under my shirt.

Congrats medicine!
The Belly BELT is a piece of elastic that buttons into your trousers to extend the waistband, they have a little flap you can use to hide your underwear but I don't use this.

Yeah it was the little flap that looked a bit funny! :haha:Great little invention though, glad youre all feeling a bit more comfortable!

Is the band ok on its own Lisaf? Does the zipper not keep coming down?

The zipper on my pants 'lock' if you push it in the down position... so its not coming down on its own.
The band is actually kind of snug, but not uncomfortable. Its almost like wearing spanx :haha:
But not quite as tight.

The band also doesn't roll down on me which I'm glad for... but it does sort of roll up because I have big hips and a big butt with a bit of a 'shelf' to it.. so I can't blame the poor piece of elastic and cloth for not being able to defy the laws of physics.

hi medicine, you got your bfp lovely and quick congrats!!!
Hello B vits gals! I would like to join too. :)

Congrats on your bfp:) How are you feeling?
hi Medicine , congrats on your bfp, another bvits success! Welcome:flower:
Congrats medicine!
Thank you ticktock, Merry, tinks09, and Crissie! :flower:

I'm trying to take things one day at a time Merry. How are you feeling? :)

ugh first proper ms this morning, and had just forced some breakfast down lol

I did feel better afterwards tho! I was just thinking hmmm not been feeling as nauseous last couple of days then whammy it all came at once :wacko:

Am trying to keep it quiet at work, but as work in a nursery its difficult sneaking off unnoticed plus sometimes I can't leave the room suddenly as it means leaving someone by themselves with all the kids. Agh hopefully will just be pukey at home

On the plus side have had no spotting at all for nearly 3 days wooooo!!

Hows everyone doing?

I feel sick all the time, throwing up every day :( been signed off work as can't make it out the house with out wretching. Who knew pregnancy would be so much fun. Lol

I've had a bit of brown spotting over the last few days, not to worried as before it was bright red blood and all was well. Just can't wait to my 12 week scan. Then I can share my news with every one.

I've had a bit of brown spotting over the last few days, not to worried as before it was bright red blood and all was well. Just can't wait to my 12 week scan. Then I can share my news with every one.
What does it mean if you have spotting like that? What did your doctor say about it?

I feel awful!!My cold has turned into a flu and I haven't even left the house today! Im really tired and achey and just want to sleep!!:sleep:

Managed to get an hour when my daughter had her nap so feel a little better now, its hard to tell whats ms and just feeling ill. I even had diareah this morning (sorry tmi!:blush:) which has had me worried but its probably just this bug/flu.

I want to feel better soon!! please! hope you girls are all ok :hugs:

I drank my juice this morning (only a few sips) then when I bent over to put the leash on the dog, somehow that motion made me throw up.... cold juice coming up... UGH
The worst part was I kept thinking 'ok.. I'm done now' and taking a step or two away from the sink and having to dive back again... felt like real, proper MS this time instead of my hunger-induced puke.

My friend said it must be like having a tapeworm.... also quoted that Knocked Up scene to me where the Asian stoner chick rambles on "man, you have to share food with the baby...I'd be like NO BABY that's MY food"

:rofl::rofl: I was watching that film just the other night , its hilarious !!

BTW love your May blossoms pic - sooo cute!!

I'm sure all is well Merry, and its brown which is better too but take it easy anyway! Sorry to hear you've been so ill, we know its all worth it but doesn't make it any less horrible for you! Are you able to keep anything down?

Awww shame everyone, you're all sicky :( Hope you all feel better soon!

I love my new Siggy! Thanks Lisa, we sneaked a little mayhem in there :haha:

I don't mind baby eating all my food, then I can eat more :rofl:

Sorry I just had to pinch the pic for my siggy girls, hope u dont mind!!:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back