• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

B vits gals!

YAY Tinks AMAZING! That's so cool! Congats. :happydance:

I've been having a rough couple of days been feeling really sick with my cold and yesterday I had a few cramps and last night when I wiped there was a big red streak :( This morning I've still got a few cramps the bleeding has tappered a bit, it's just more a light stain now. But I don't know whats happenening. Not sure if it could be all the coughing and sneezing? But then I should really have cramps no?

Feeling sick and I have my exam tomorrow so been trying to study :cry:

wow congrats Tinks! That was your first scan wasn't it?

Ah Chrissie, sorry you're not feeling good. I had quite bad cramps yesterday too though no bleeding. It could be all the sneezing etc has knocked something or irritated something? Let us know how you're getting on x

My MS has been loads better last couple of days, had started being sick and now its tailed off? Still got sore boobs and am dead tired so maybe I'm just adjusting to the hormones as was never horrendous to begin with.

Have got private scan booked for this Friday so let the worrying commence!

Crissie - sorry to hear about the spotting - how long is it now until your 1st scan? If its stressing you then I would go for another early one , Im sure they won't mind, and some people go for loads at the EPU so dont worry about it! - I was told yesterday its really common to bleed in the 1st tri though so hope it stops soon :hugs:

I had pains but no spotting and they saw an area of bleeding within the gestational sac - the midwife said that could be causing the cramping or it could be due to growing fast, she said its even more usual with twins.

Ticktock my ms also seems to be tailing off which Im pleased about, yes it was my first scan - heres a pic - this one is the measurement of baby 2 (they are called pregnancy 1&2 at the moment!) but you can see them both.

I have been googling :dohh: trying to work out if they are identical as they are both in the same gestational sac but have seperate yolk sacs. I have now been banned by DH as I was coming across all sorts of worrying info.

The midwife said they could be either, but from what I've read they can only be identical if they share a gestational sac. So a bit confused but I would rather wait until I see the Consultant rather than getting myself worried. I may post a question on the multiples board.

Attachments

• scan 8 weeks.jpg
    scan 8 weeks.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 6
Hey everyone.. sorry about the bleeding Chrissie... is it possibly from your cervix? some are so sensitive that even a cough can be too rough for it and cause some bleeding... some bleed if you have sex etc...

my MS seems to be getting worse... I lost it over the cat food this morning .. . nothing in my stomach so it was super painful.. .yet I'm afraid to eat before I do the cat food :dohh:

Hi, I think the bleeding has stopped now, could have been from the coughing and sneezing irritating my cervix. I was more worried that I had cramps too. But they are better now, just a dull ache now and then, hopefully just growing pains.

But also my cold feels 100 times worse cause I can't take a decongestant, so the coughing is viscous and the blocked nose is horrid!

Tinks I had spotting before at 7 weeks, but no cramps. And it was much lighter and browner. My 12 weeks scan is on Monday next week, not tomorrow, the 25th. So I'm not sure it's worth going for another scan at the EPU. I'm a little concerned more because I have a feeling I'm RH - and spotting is not a good thing especially if you haven't had the Anti D injection. But I had bloods taken last week and will get the results at my scan with my file. Lisa you might know has the Placenta kicked in yet, should I be worried yet about the anti bodies?

I'm just not going to worry, especially since , if it is a mc (heaven forbid) nothing can be done to prevent it. So if I have slight spotting and few cramps and it's not sever it's a good sign.

My DH last night was like 'should we call the doctor or go to the hospital' (so sweet! I love him!) he was more worried than me. But I tried to stay calm and went to bed to get some rest. I hope nothing is wrong but will wait till that 12 week scan and blood results to start worrying.

Anyway Tinks your scan is so cute, I didn't get a pic at my early scan :( You lucky your ms is getting better cause I heard with twins your hormones rage even more. It's so special that you have TWINS! What are you worrying about? And do you hope they are identical?

Lisa sorry to hear about the MS hopefully it gets better soon! Your DH really needs to do the catty stuff! :haha:

Anyone heard from Merry? Hope she's ok.:shrug:

Hi, I think the bleeding has stopped now, could have been from the coughing and sneezing irritating my cervix. I was more worried that I had cramps too. But they are better now, just a dull ache now and then, hopefully just growing pains.

But also my cold feels 100 times worse cause I can't take a decongestant, so the coughing is viscous and the blocked nose is horrid!

Tinks I had spotting before at 7 weeks, but no cramps. And it was much lighter and browner. My 12 weeks scan is on Monday next week, not tomorrow, the 25th. So I'm not sure it's worth going for another scan at the EPU. I'm a little concerned more because I have a feeling I'm RH - and spotting is not a good thing especially if you haven't had the Anti D injection. But I had bloods taken last week and will get the results at my scan with my file. Lisa you might know has the Placenta kicked in yet, should I be worried yet about the anti bodies?

I'm just not going to worry, especially since , if it is a mc (heaven forbid) nothing can be done to prevent it. So if I have slight spotting and few cramps and it's not sever it's a good sign.

My DH last night was like 'should we call the doctor or go to the hospital' (so sweet! I love him!) he was more worried than me. But I tried to stay calm and went to bed to get some rest. I hope nothing is wrong but will wait till that 12 week scan and blood results to start worrying.

Anyway Tinks your scan is so cute, I didn't get a pic at my early scan :( You lucky your ms is getting better cause I heard with twins your hormones rage even more. It's so special that you have TWINS! What are you worrying about? And do you hope they are identical?

Lisa sorry to hear about the MS hopefully it gets better soon! Your DH really needs to do the catty stuff! :haha:

Anyone heard from Merry? Hope she's ok.:shrug:

Sorry the screen was stuck so I pressed the submit button again... and now it posted twice. :dohh:

shrug:

Hi Crissie, thanks and I know it is such a blessing! we are delighted :cloud9: I was worrying as non-identical twins have more risks and TBH the googling didnt help as I didnt understand it properly and just went into panic mode!!! :wacko:

The fact that my twins have different amniotic sacs is good and I have been reading on a twin forum of so many women who have safely delivered healthy id twins that share a placenta so Im feeling more positive. There is a risk of twin-to-twin transfusion with identicals so I will be monitored more closely and have more scans I think but Im sure the doctors will know what they are doing!

I dont mind them being either but it just shocked me as I automatically expected non-id as I have twin brothers etc.

Yes, Ive been very lucky with the MS, but have made up for it with frequent urination, headaches, backache, extreme hunger!!:haha: I did notice that my symptoms started really early as well (maybe a sign?)

I sympathise with the cold, I had one that lasted a couple of weeks and I was so blocked up! Hope it passes soon

I was wondering about Merry as well, hope shes alright :hugs:

Crissie - the RH factor is only a problem if the bleeding came from the baby... you have 72 hours to get the shot if you need it. If the bleeding came from the cervix, there is no risk.
If you are RH- and your partner is RH- then you don't need the shots either.... (though they tend to treat the mom regardless of the father's type in case of infidelity, lol)

Hey guys, sorry to go AWOL for a bit, been horrible sick last week so started taking anti-sickness meds. They make me feel so much better, supposed to take 3 a day but only taking one so afternoons make me feel I'll. Also they make me drowsy, at times been sleeping 16 hours a day!!! I'm back at work now though, and all my work is here waiting for me:( Soo much to do!

Congrats on the twins, so happy for you. I was a bit worried about twins as they run in my family but my early scan showed just 1 hb.

Sorry you have a cold Crissie:( Hopefully the bleeding was a random nothing. I've had bits of spotting through out the last 11 weeks, it's worrisome but am sure it's nothing.

My MS is hopefully going to go soon, fx. I've had enough of every thing, even water, making me ill!!!! Ivhave a midwife appointment tomorrow, no scan though. Not sure what to expect but will hopefully be ok?

hey Merry! I was wondering where you got to! Glad to hear the tablets are helping!
My husband thinks I've had it bad with morning sickness.. but I know there are people much worse off than me and that I have it relatively easy!

Hello all.

tinks09, lisaf, and Merry, what week and day did your morning sickness start?

I threw up a few times but in reaction to horrible smells like fishy cat food a few days after my BFP... after that though, I just got nauseous if I didn't eat frequently... and would throw up/gag if I ignored it and didn't snack.
These past couple weeks though it really kicked up a notch! :(

My scan is in less than 30 minutes!! :happydance: TOTALLY nervous again of course!!!

oooo good luck Lisa! this is a biggie, can't wait to see the pic. Do they do a nuchal test?

I opted not to do the nuchal test... I'm low risk anyway from age etc and I don't want the stress if the results come back 'high' (a high risk is still only 0.5% chance!).. if the risk was 'high' I still might not want to do an amnio since that has risks too but I'd then spend the rest of the pregnancy worried about it, you know? I'm getting plenty of scans so far too, so I dont' need the extra view of the baby :rofl:

Anyway... just so I don't scare you, everything seems fine.
But right as we were about to leave for my scan, I started spotting! :( pink! :(
Which made me super worried and nervous etc... Everything is fine though, baby moving, heartbeat etc... I got put on pelvic rest and another week of the suppositories (I took my last one last night and was soooo happy :dohh:). DH and I were waiting to have sex until 12 week scan... poor guy just got set back a week! lol!

Here's my scan pic! (head is at the bottom!)
https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll165/bethijimika/ultrasound002a-1.jpg

My feeling sick started about 4 weeks and the actually being sick week 8, it's lessening I think but it was horrible:( Hope you don't get it!

Good luck at the scan Lisa:) Sure it will all be great and you'll get a wave.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday and got about a foot of leaflets and books to read! She did bloods and stuff but it was mainly paperwork. I'm having the baby at the local hospital, so at least it's not far to go. My 12 week scan is on Tuesday, very excited/worried about it.

Had the worst day at work today:( Found out that the leave I had been granted for Christmas has been taken back and now have to work between Christmas and new year:( That was when we were going to decorate the babies nursery:(

Lisa cute Pic! Did He/she wave? I've got my 12 week scan on Monday, going to have the Nuchal test done. Just feel that if there is something wrong I'd rather know beforehand than have the shock at the birth.

Merry glad to hear you are feeling marginally better :thumbup: Why did your work change their mind about your holiday? Is it cause you've had so much time off or that you are going to have so much time off? That sucks!

They changed it as they miscalculated the number of staff that requested leave, they thought 3 people where in when it was two so the three days between Christmas and new year I have to work a day or two:(

it makes me sooo mad, to say yes and then turn round later changing their minds. Actually come to think about it am getting angry really easily today. Maybe it's the hormones! My ms was so much better today:) Hoping it's on it's way out!

I'm having the test done, mainly to keep the midwife happy. She couldn't seem to figure out on the form where to tick no test and I was worried she would mess it up so went with all tests. Though most of them they hospital did when I started, like immunity status, hep b etc.

Are we allowed to eat feta cheese, my nhs documents say yes but my pregnancy book says no. I really like feta!

you can eat ANY cheese as long as its made from pasteurized milk! Everything here seems to be pasteurized... but I think you're more likely to run into the bad stuff over there? Not sure!
I even had fresh mozarella from a restaurant because it was made with pasteurized milk :haha:

Baby was wiggling and swimming all around honestly! :) Though I admit that I made him stop and check the heartbeat... with my spotting I didn't want to somehow convince myself that the movements I saw were just a result of the want moving or the fluids sloshing as I moved/breathed... :blush: Yeah... a little paranoid, lol! He did it for me but pointed out in a 'are you an idiot' tone.. "the baby is moving, so obviously there is a heartbeat" :haha:

Merry - I hope at least that doesn't mess up any travel plans you had for the holidays?

I got some great news about some hand-me-downs of clothes and baby odds and ends from my aunt... she's hosting Christmas this year so I'll be up there and can pick out what I want... she's got girl clothes and I should know the sex by then. She may even have a crib, mattress and other odds & ends for me ... seems like my cousin wants a big girl bed now. Reason I'm so super excited about this? This is my rich aunt... so I'm betting she had tons of really really great stuff! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->