B vits gals!

Hi, I have finally got a letter from the hospital to notify me that my MF booking appointment is next week Wed and my dating scan is scheduled for the 25th of Oct.

I don't want to tell my boss until I have seen my bean on the 12 week scan and know that everything is ok. But how do I get 2 afternoons off for the appointments!? My boss doesn't look kindly on taking time off for doctors apps etc. Just the other day when I went for that ealry scan and I told him I had to go for blood tests and would be an hour late for work and he emailed me back asking if I couldn't do it over the phone??! Wierdo.

Any suggestions?

*I did post this as a thread on 1st Tri so if you've read it - sorry.....

I've had a bit of brown spotting over the last few days, not to worried as before it was bright red blood and all was well. Just can't wait to my 12 week scan. Then I can share my news with every one.
What does it mean if you have spotting like that? What did your doctor say about it?

Spotting doesn't really mean any thing, which is annoying. It happens to lots of women, just as every is growing and moving it's not uncommon for a bit of blood to break loose and cause spotting. This can be bright red or brown, I've had both.

If you have period heavy bleeding and very painful cramps it can be a mc but not always. There's nothing you can do about it so I'm not worrying too much, but it's still a PITA!

I'm feeling a bit better today! I haven't been sick today:) :dance:

Hi, I have finally got a letter from the hospital to notify me that my MF booking appointment is next week Wed and my dating scan is scheduled for the 25th of Oct.

I don't want to tell my boss until I have seen my bean on the 12 week scan and know that everything is ok. But how do I get 2 afternoons off for the appointments!? My boss doesn't look kindly on taking time off for doctors apps etc. Just the other day when I went for that ealry scan and I told him I had to go for blood tests and would be an hour late for work and he emailed me back asking if I couldn't do it over the phone??! Wierdo.

Any suggestions?

*I did post this as a thread on 1st Tri so if you've read it - sorry.....

Doing a blood test over the phone is the funniest thing I've heard in ages!! I would just be blunt with him, tell him you need to go to the docs for a follow up appointment and have to go. If he gives you hassel ignore him but don't tell him till your ready. He does seem likeva prize prawn!

Your entitled to go to doctors appointments, so just try to let his comments roll off you. Xx

Chrissie - I also agree with Merry, I would just take it as a docs appointment, he doesnt really have the right to ask any further but if he does then just say its personal :growlmad: that made me laugh about asking you to do the blood test over the phone, what an idiot! :dohh:

Merry - glad you're feeling a little better, hope the spotting doesn't continue much longer

Ive booked in with the MW for next Wednesday, hoping its the same one that I had with my DD, she was lovely. I wanted to get booked in quickly as with my DD I went to my GP and then was waiting for a MW to call, it never happened so I ended up being a little late for my 1st scan after all the confusion!!

New scan pic up in my journal!! :)

Wow that's awsome lisa, cute pic, it's amazing how they develop hey? And you're a Prune!!! Lol what's next?

aaaw what a cute pic, how lovely to see your little bean wriggling about!! they even gave mom and dad a wave!:hi:

lol, dad wasn't paying attention and missed the wave :haha: so it was just for me!
I did get a little pissy that he didn't tear up... I asked him if he was ever going to cry at one of these things of if it was just going to be me :rofl:

Lol.. the prune thing cracks me up... 36mm on the scan.. measuring 3 days ahead right now.

glad scan was good Lisa!

Just had midwife apt, she was really nice so am pleased with her. Lots of paperwork though!! Spotting has gone so am starting to relax a little bit now

Been nothing but sick and feeling sick this morning:( I have the anti-sickness tablets and am thinking about taking them, but am worried in case they harm my little bean. The doc said there was no evidence that the tablets are harmful but no evidence that they are safe.

If they work I could get on with things, go to work, feel better, eat better but still not sure whether I should take them. What do you think?

Hi Merry, sorry to hear you're still unwell...from what my GP told me there has been limited research into the tablets and she advised me not to take them.
The way she explained it was that there have been no studies as pregnant women are not willing to risk it so they haven't gathered any evidence of there safety (or being harmful):shrug:

I know you must be feeling really awful and its not ideal being unable to work but you would be better to get signed off for a little longer if you feel that way - it will probably at least improve a little when you get into your 2nd tri

Personally I wouldn't take them Merry, but that's just my opinion.

You do have to weigh the risks of both choices... What are the risks of continuing to feel sick... if its bad enough that you're not getting enough nutrition or fluids, then the tablets may be less risky than suffering with the sickness.

Hi Merry, shame you really suffering! Maybe try a dose and see how you feel? You don't have to take them continuously, just to get through somthing you really have to do. See how long one dose lasts, and who knows maybe they don't even work for you, you'll never know if you don't try.

But obviouly if you can hold out for a while longer it would probably be better.

I really feel for you babe :hugs:

Hi!

Wow everyone is so quite! What's happening??

I went for my first Midwife appointment yesterday, nothing I didn't expect. Scan is booked for the 25th - can't wait.

Merry how are you feeling? Are you still at home? Did you give the sickness pills a go?

I've got a cold :cry: feeling under the weather...

Anyway hope you are all well!

I got all excited because I realized I should know the gender of this baby before Christmas!!! :)

Yes, we've all been super quiet.
I know I just dont' have a ton of energy anymore... I find myself writing emails half the length I normally do (for which the recipients are probably grateful!)

When are you guys going to consider youself in the 2nd trimester? I'm thinking once I hit 12 weeks, lol.. even though I know its technically 13w3d ... I just feel done with this trimester and once I get to stop the progesterone suppositories, I feel like I'll have graduate. :haha:

Yay Lisa you're a lime!!! I know how you feel about being done with this Trimester, it's just this endless wait. I can't wait for my 12 week scan then If everything goes well I can tell the people at work. At least then I don't have to wear scarves and things to hide my bloat. Just feel fat at the mo.

Think I'll wait till 13 weeks to go over to the 'other side' :haha:

Feeling a little stressed out at the mo, have my final exam for my course on Monday and I haven't started studying! Just have no motivation. And tomorrow night we are having friends over for dinner so tonight I have to wash the floors and go shopping for food, but have to make dinner too and I'm not feeling well :( taking paracetamol sucks! I need somthing stronger!

On the train home right now trying to formulate a plan of attck for all the chores. And just when we so don't need it our dishwasher has packed up!!! Could just cry, have to wash up too!

Ok enough ranting. Lisa how's the MS? Is it easing yet?

My MS has mostly gotten worse unfortunately. It takes a lot less to set me off and its more violent if that makes sense.

When you said I was a lime, I had to stop and think... I thought it was some UK expression saying 'you're a riot' or something like that... PMSL then I realized it was thursday! :happydance:
I do kind of hate that I live in such a wonderful produce-rich place... because I'm sure that the limes I'm used to are much much bigger than the lime they are referring to! We get giant limes, lemons, avocados, oranges etc... I have avocados growing in my backyard that are the size of mangos, lol!

I hate chores and my house is a disaster.. I just have no energy to do anything! Its almost worse for me these past 2 weeks than it was before. I just keep telling myself all of this will magically disappear in a week or two... right? I have no motivation to do anything... I even feel too tired (mentally and physically) to even answer some emails :(

I'd be making my DH do the dishes, lol!

Its too bad the holidays are coming up... if you were this far along right after christmas, people would just assume you overdid it during the holidays :dohh:
I don't think people would notice if I put on any weight, I'm a rather large girl anyway.

Hi girls, sorry I havent posted, have had a mad few days!! :wacko:Hope you're all doing ok :hugs:

Well, I was having some pains and cramping the past couple of days so my Midwife referred me to the Early Pregnancy Unit.

Went this morning for a scan and they were really lovely. The midwife paused for ages at first and then I could see her zooming in and taking measurements.

She then turned the screen and pointed at the babys heartbeat saying " heres the baby and the heartbeat" , then she moved her hand and said "and here's the other twin" and pointed to another little bub in the corner!! Yes twins!! :baby::baby: We are still in shock but so happy!

They are measuring great, Baby 1 measuring 15.9mm (8 weeks exactly) and baby 2 is 14.8mm (7 weeks+6) so right on target!
They are in 2 yolk sacs so Im thinking they are fraternal although its too early to tell. I have twin brothers and maternal grandad was a triplet so they do run in the family.

I did have a feeling but kept telling myself that it probably wasn't - it was still a major surprise though!:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->