Baby club weight loss group

I see what you mean. I an happy with most of my body except my tummy which still has overhang I thought I needed to lose more off there before I could start toning it, is that wrong? Should I now maintain my weight and work on toning my flabby belly?

Under my boobs is a nice size, I haven't measured it but it looks good but as you go down to my tummy I get wider!

I see what you mean. I an happy with most of my body except my tummy which still has overhang I thought I needed to lose more off there before I could start toning it, is that wrong? Should I now maintain my weight and work on toning my flabby belly?

Under my boobs is a nice size, I haven't measured it but it looks good but as you go down to my tummy I get wider!

At your weight and height, your "flabby belly" is likely the result of streched abdominals from pregnancy (I have those too) and a lack of overall muscle mass in the abdominal area, rather than "fat" itself.

I would recommend a good strength training program along with a reasonable amount of food (not 'fat loss" calories but just a solid amount around 1800 calories (if BF then add in the extra) and be consistent! It takes time. But losing even more body fat can't bring out abdominal muscle mass that doesn't exist.

I have had a 6 pack at 125lbs and no abs at 110lbs, it's all about muscle mass.

Thanks aliss! Can I do strength training at home? I am clueless about this! I am not breast feeding, would 1800 calories not cause weight gain as I'm on 1200 to 1300 at the moment.

helloooooooooooooo.............Gemma...well done on your loss..just read back and saw it!! you have well and truly whipped me!! I am soooo fat! I haven't done a lot of exercise for ages but my new job is quite active, lifting, pushing boxes on wheels and alot of walking..man those prisons are huge..lol! and I haven't really eaten like a pig to speak of however my tummy is huge it feels like a barrel..I bought a dress friday to wear last night and when I put it on it was tight under the ribs! I don't know what's going on!! I am going to weigh myself in a mo..just to get an idea..I am well scared! I haven't been able to weigh for 2 weeks!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh ok...not too bad..put on about 1lb!! phew...well AF id due weds so we shall see what happens friday xxxx

Your job sounds like enough exercise camilla! I haven't done any for ages but looks like I'm gonna have to start. Been getting some advice from aliss.
is you tv fixed now then? Good luck with weight in!

it does mean that since I last did my ticker I have put on 1.5lb! so that's my goal for this week! going to try to be good with food and do some exercise..got to learn to fit it around work and housework etc..lol xxx

That's my problem too, fitting it around work. I don't get a second to myself these days!

no the man is coming to fix it tomoz...we have borrowed one from the inlaws!! xxx

Thanks aliss! Can I do strength training at home? I am clueless about this! I am not breast feeding, would 1800 calories not cause weight gain as I'm on 1200 to 1300 at the moment.

Wow, 1200 @ 5'9! This is why you are unhappy with your tummy no doubt :) You are eating far less than me and I'm still losing slowly at 5'5 (I'm at 1500). You want to lose fat, not muscle, and 1200 calories at your size will result in muscle loss. Muscle loss results in a lower scale weight but the same "squish".

This is a really good article to read.
https://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/2011/05/skinny-fat/

An example.

Tall and slim without muscle:
https://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/skinny-fat-butt.jpg

Tall and slim with muscle, athletic:
https://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/allison_stokke-350.jpg

It was mfp that set me at 1200. I've been losing a lb a week ish. I'll start eating more then and try to do some strength training. Thanks for the article. Can I do that sort of exercise from a dvd or Wii game?

It was mfp that set me at 1200. I've been losing a lb a week ish. I'll start eating more then and try to do some strength training. Thanks for the article. Can I do that sort of exercise from a dvd or Wii game?

Sorry, I don't know anything about Wii, but you can def. start strength training from the basics at home. Learning to do a proper squat, lunge, pushups, planks, etc. Once you can do quite a few of those, it will be time to explore free weights :) It takes time and food to build muscle but once you do, you'll thank yourself. Also more health benefits, as women we need to start thinking about bone health.

Thanks for all your advice aliss, I'm gonna look into it later .

Hello All,

Hope everyone is well.

Check out the ticker! Woo hoo! lol. Although PND has kicked in again and yesterday I polished off an entire bag of Thorntons Toffee Chocs - was disgusted with myself (although they were very yummy and I wish I had another bag at the moment!).

I start Pilates for the Dressage Rider tomorrow and I am kicking my arse back into diet mode yet again!

Slowly but surely....................

x

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, since I haven't got a set of scales at home at the moment. I plan to get some this week! However, I feel smaller. I'm confident that I'm nearing my mid goal of reaching my pre-pregnancy weight! :thumbup:

hey lovelies...how are we all?? I am going to try really hard from now on..I have a christening to go to in a few weeks and I have dug out a lovely dress that's just a tad too tight..a few zip issues..lol! and I really want to wear it and look fab! My belly is still bloated and I swear I am pregnant..lol! actually no lol- I am so scared incase I am! I am on the pill and AF is due wednesday so hopefully all will be well! mind you I did do a big poo..sorry tmi! this morning and that has helped a little so maybe just lots of fibre and water will help the "food baby" on it's way out!

I am glad Aliss is back with her exercise advice! xxxxx

hey lovelies...how are we all?? I am going to try really hard from now on..I have a christening to go to in a few weeks and I have dug out a lovely dress that's just a tad too tight..a few zip issues..lol! and I really want to wear it and look fab! My belly is still bloated and I swear I am pregnant..lol! actually no lol- I am so scared incase I am! I am on the pill and AF is due wednesday so hopefully all will be well! mind you I did do a big poo..sorry tmi! this morning and that has helped a little so maybe just lots of fibre and water will help the "food baby" on it's way out!

I am glad Aliss is back with her exercise advice! xxxxx

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

don't laugh Gemma...I am getting worried! it's bloated badly! I am trying to be good with the water today! I am hoping it's just pre AF bloat..although I don't normally suffer too much with the bloat! it doesn't feel hard though so that's good right??? The TV repair man is due any time now..god I hope he can fix it! I have just cleaned my sofae..it was rotten!! lol...bloody dog!! it's really lovely and clean now! have still got upstairs to do today and have a client coming for an eyelash tint later! back to work st the prison at 4 tomoz xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->