Back in the tww!! Anyone wanna join me?! :) *2 BFP so far!

p.s. satisfied the beef craving, went to M&S yesterday, bought some lovely mince and made a huge lasagne, which my other half and me and the little'un scoffed ..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........was awesome! xxxx

I see you splashed out on a digi test! Good seeing those words isn't it?

I'm Laura by the way, seems odd to keep calling me purple_pigeon.....crazy username! lol.x

It so seriously is!! DH & I started doing the happy dance around the house when "pregnant" popped up straight away! :haha:

I'm Meg (I know, I always giggle with the user names - I wasn't even thinking of the fact people will have to refer to me as legs when I signed up (it's been a nickname of mine since highschool - I'm pretty tall (5'10'') and all leg :rofl:)
Lovely to be bump buddies with you Laura! :hugs:

:wave: Hi Meg!!

I'm kinda jealous of your ''pregnant'' now....might have to buy myself a digi! Do you keep your tests? Gross I know but I do. Still got the + from my son in my baby box, when my OH found it he was mortified! lol.

How you feeling anyway?x

You should def test on a digi! It's just lovely to see!! :thumbup:
I do keep my tests :haha: I've considered throwing them out but I just can't bring myself to do it. DH probably thinks I'm loony :rofl:

I'm feeling OK today, excited! But really tired from not sleeping well the past few days. I had a bit of nausea this morning and some heartburn but other than that I'm on :cloud9: I should be hearing from my doc soon on my level check from 14dpo. FX'd numbers come back good n strong!

How are you feeling hun?

Yay! Glad i'm not the only one! Will get a digi on friday when I have some money!
Not sleeping properly sucks, once I'm asleep i'm fine, It's just taking me an hour or so to get comfy! lol. Bb's are so sore & huge. Going to be huge this time, can just tell, struggling to get my work trousers fastened all ready, have kinda popped out at the bottom! Wondering if I may be further on than I think but i'm like 99% the other month ended :shrug:
Think my morning sickness is going to kick in, just the thought of having to get breakfast made me gag this morning. It's a pain cos going by my last pregnancy I should have another 4 weeks of being fine before it starts! Each ones different I suppose.
Still got another 4 weeks before I can be seen by the midwife to get booked in, think that's when it'll really sink in for me!
So how does it all work over there? Know it's totally different to how things are done here. I'm intrigued!
x

Yay! Post your a pic of your digi when you take it!! :happydance:

Yea - it's about the same for me - hard to get to sleep as I can't get comfy (I'm a side sleeper and my bbs are super sore too so I'm finding it hard to sleep on my left side) but I seem to be ok once I'm asleep (but I get up every other hour to pee :dohh:)
Oh I so hope your ms isn't too bad! I hope the same for me as well! fx!!!

As for how it works here in the states - it's different for each person depending on what, if any insurance they have.
With the insurance I have I am able to go into my general doctor to confirm pregnancy (with urine and blood, which I did the same day I got my positive hpt). Then because of my history of m/c my hcg and progesterone levels will be closely watched (blood draw every 2 days for the first two weeks to make sure levels are double as they should) then I'll have my first scan at 8 weeks as long as everything else seems OK. If I start bleeding before 8wks they will see me sooner for a scan. I feel extremely lucky to have this insurance as with my first pregnancy (that ended in m/c at just over 12wks) I had none at all so I wasn't even aware my baby had passed away somewhere around 9-10wks :cry:
I'll then have the option of getting a midwife or just staying with a general obgyn... I'm not sure which we will do yet though.
Sooo .... I'm sooo curious, I hope you don't mind me asking, you say you may be farther along but you know last month ended, like you're certain you had af? I only ask because I had a friend last year who thought she was only 5 wks along and went in for blood work and her levels showed farther along so they did a scan and she was 9 weeks! :saywhat: She had what she thought was a normal AF, so she didn't think to test until her next af was a no show... maybe that's the case for you? Wish there was a way to find out sooner! How does it work for you there if you're unsure how far along you are? I can imagine there have been many people in that position!?
Anyhoo - I'm rambling now! :blush:

Not nauseous this morning! Hooray!
The insurance deal in the states baffles me, make me realise how lucky we are to have free care over here. I like that you get a scan at 8 weeks, confirms things sooner for you. Fx's your levels keep doubling & this a sticky bean :hugs:
I've been thinking about my 'further along' theory over night & i've decided its nonsense, last month was so heavy if there was anything there it wouldn't have stayed :( I'll just be getting bigger quickly as everythings prone to stretching now, my sister said she was in maternity clothes with her second by her first scan so looks like i'll be following suit!
As for the stitch pain you had, try not to worry. I get them all the time when I stand up. Takes the wind out of me & i have to press my hand on it until it stops. It's just the muscles & ligaments pulling. When I was 6 months gone with my son I got one so bad I thought i'd gone into labour. lol. They had me strapped up to the machines being monitored and came back with that conclusion!!x

Hullo Hullo, I had full boobies last night and when my daughter leaned on them this morning I was like Ouuuuuchcchhc....am due around 6/7 Dec, so am 8dpo today. Still early. I have a bunch of internet cheapofantastico tests, so will start the countdown to use them....... have had no uterusy twinges for a couple of days. Usually I start breaking out on my face about 4-5 days before the witch visits, so we shall see what my skin decides to do. xxxx

Hey Kismo!

You've changed your picture...she's so cute!!
The no twinges is a good sign, hopefully they were implantation twinges! Get using those cheapies soon, i'm obsessed with them. Still got about 20 in my cupboard, trying to palm them off on someone else who needs them. lol.
Hope those spots stay away & you get your :bfp:
Glad you satisfied your meat craving, the thought of it is making me queasy!! :rofl:
x

Hullo Hullo, I had full boobies last night and when my daughter leaned on them this morning I was like Ouuuuuchcchhc....am due around 6/7 Dec, so am 8dpo today. Still early. I have a bunch of internet cheapofantastico tests, so will start the countdown to use them....... have had no uterusy twinges for a couple of days. Usually I start breaking out on my face about 4-5 days before the witch visits, so we shall see what my skin decides to do. xxxx

Hey Kismo!

The no twinges is a good sign, hopefully they were implantation twinges! Get using those cheapies soon, i'm obsessed with them. Still got about 20 in my cupboard, trying to palm them off on someone else who needs them. lol.
Glad you satisfied your meat craving, the thought of it is making me queasy!! :rofl:
x

.......okay okay I CAVED and did a test...aahahhahaaaaaaaaaaa.... was not FMU however I SWEAR to GOD there is the faintest of faintest lines..either that or I am TOTALLY imagining it! I left the test in the bathroom cabinet for ages before inspecting it. So, I shall try again tomorrow to see if there has been any change or it was in fact my imagination. I meant to say also that last night, my other half smelled again like roast lamb and he say ahaaa, congratulations you must be pregnant !!! hahaha.... BUT I shan't get too ahead of myself yet, it may be a fluke...........we shall see xxxxxx

p.s. thanks for comment about my daughter, she's a cutie. that pic is an up to date one, the other is a cutie photo from around 1yr. She's 22 months now. How fast they grow.........xx

Hey Kismo!

x

.......okay okay I CAVED and did a test...aahahhahaaaaaaaaaaa.... was not FMU however I SWEAR to GOD there is the faintest of faintest lines..either that or I am TOTALLY imagining it! I left the test in the bathroom cabinet for ages before inspecting it. So, I shall try again tomorrow to see if there has been any change or it was in fact my imagination. I meant to say also that last night, my other half smelled again like roast lamb and he say ahaaa, congratulations you must be pregnant !!! hahaha.... BUT I shan't get too ahead of myself yet, it may be a fluke...........we shall see xxxxxx

OOOOO!!! My first bfp this time wasn't from fmu so you never know! Tomorrow when you do it post a picture so we can all inspect! lol.
I'm quite concerned about your OH smelling of lamb! Poor bloke. At least it's a good sign though!xx

Kismo - I think this all sounds sooooo promising!!! FX'd!! I can't wait to see the next test (please post a pic if possible :thumbup:)

oooh, let's hope I remember to pee in the cup first thing and don't just waste it all whilst half asleep............haha......... I am sooooo irritable today, boobies hurt, felt slight waves of nausea earlier and wanted to clobber the man over the head just for eating...ooooh....either I have horrendous PMS or I am with child!!!!! /:ol xx

oooh, let's hope I remember to pee in the cup first thing and don't just waste it all whilst half asleep............haha......... I am sooooo irritable today, boobies hurt, felt slight waves of nausea earlier and wanted to clobber the man over the head just for eating...ooooh....either I have horrendous PMS or I am with child!!!!! /:ol xx

Ooooh!!! Fingers crossed it's the latter ;)

I hope it's cos you're with child! What's your usual pms symptoms?

Meg - How are you feeling today hun? x

I hope it's cos you're with child! What's your usual pms symptoms?

Meg - How are you feeling today hun? x

I'm doing OK - haven't had another stitch since that one yesterday. Thanks for the advice - put my mind at ease! (but I'm so sorry you had to go through all that to find out is was nothing serious, but I'm so glad to hear it wasn't serious!) I'm sooooo tired I can barely keep my eyes open here at work - I just want to nap under my desk :sleep: haha and I had a wave of nausea & dizzyness this morning while making hubby breakfast... had to sit down for a moment to regain :wacko:
How are you doing hun? Glad to hear no nausea for you today, FX'd it stays that way! :)

Pregnancy makes you paranoid! Midwives tell you if you're at all concerned to ring them & on that occasion she told me to ring the labour ward! lol. Glad i did though cos it was then they found out he was breech, not that they managed to rectify it in the end!
Not good being tired at work! What do you do? Glad i'm part time now, forgot how tiring it was! Lol.
I'm alright, have totally lost my appetite. Can eat when foods put in front of me but it was only when I went to my mums for a cuppa and she asked if i wanted anything to eat that I realised i hadn't had breakfast or lunch! OH has gone out to get me a mcdonalds for tea cos it's the only thing I could think of when asked what I wanted!x

Morning Ladies...well I sprung into action at 6.50am went to the loo, had to (aghast!) put on the light..ugggghh...pulled out one of the IC tests, tried to open it, for the life of me couldn't then realised that this one didn't have a little score down the side, was half asleep, dropped it..uggghhh...eventually got there in the end.....still trying to squint at what I am convinced is another barely barely there line however it's still dark and not going to be daylight for about another hour..soooo.......the wait goes on until I can inspect it properly. Hope you are all doing just dandy today. Oh, by the way, I also had a blocked up nose, went to the loo and sneezed a big hanky-full of blood into the tissue...like a proper nosebleed. That used to happen when I was preggo with my daughter. xxx

Morning Ladies...well I sprung into action at 6.50am went to the loo, had to (aghast!) put on the light..ugggghh...pulled out one of the IC tests, tried to open it, for the life of me couldn't then realised that this one didn't have a little score down the side, was half asleep, dropped it..uggghhh...eventually got there in the end.....still trying to squint at what I am convinced is another barely barely there line however it's still dark and not going to be daylight for about another hour..soooo.......the wait goes on until I can inspect it properly. Hope you are all doing just dandy today. Oh, by the way, I also had a blocked up nose, went to the loo and sneezed a big hanky-full of blood into the tissue...like a proper nosebleed. That used to happen when I was preggo with my daughter. xxx

Lol, test drama early in the morning is not fun!
I've never had one of the ic tests lie to me, they've either been totally negative or had some sort of positive! Fingers crossed it's the start of your :bfp:
I've heard nosebleeds are a good sign! I don't have them thanks to being kicked in the face when i was 7 & had to have all my nose cauterized! Nosebleeds for me would equal a trip to the hospital!
Keep us posted!!xx

ooooh sounds painful!!! I had two nose operations due to cysts/polyps so I can sympathise with you. I can't stop sneezing just now. Still getting bits of blood from the nose and a bit of EWCM. Boobs still feel swollen but not painful. Had a really big sudden twinge on my right O area then a teeny one on the left. Nose is really runny. I am definitely convinced I can see an extremely faint line but nothing a camera would pick up. Will repeat same again tomorrow.............. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh just to say that I have had a chemical in the past, where I got lots of symptoms, nausea, elevated sense of smell, etc. and faint positives, then a period.........so will wait to see what develops. xxx

Something interesting I found ladies on babymed.com................ xxx

Women who had a female fetus had hCG levels significantly higher than women who carried a male fetus.

This finding is consistent with that found by several other researchers. In a study published by Yaron Y et al in Human Reproduction the authors studied 1,325 pregnant women with singleton pregnancies at 10-13 weeks.and compared different hormone levels including the pregnancy hormone hCG human chorionic gonadotropin between women carrying a male and a female fetus

These findings may have implications not only on evaluating risks of Down syndrome (women carrying female fetuses had a higher risk for Down syndrome), but also on timing of a pregnancy test. If women carrying a male fetus have lower hCG levels then it may be possible that their first positive urine pregnancy test could be delayed because of the male gender.

Something interesting I found ladies on babymed.com................ xxx

Women who had a female fetus had hCG levels significantly higher than women who carried a male fetus.

This finding is consistent with that found by several other researchers. In a study published by Yaron Y et al in Human Reproduction the authors studied 1,325 pregnant women with singleton pregnancies at 10-13 weeks.and compared different hormone levels including the pregnancy hormone hCG human chorionic gonadotropin between women carrying a male and a female fetus

These findings may have implications not only on evaluating risks of Down syndrome (women carrying female fetuses had a higher risk for Down syndrome), but also on timing of a pregnancy test. If women carrying a male fetus have lower hCG levels then it may be possible that their first positive urine pregnancy test could be delayed because of the male gender.

Hey! What a waste of a day, i've been asleep for the past 4 hours! Feel really guilty cos didn't know i'd dropped off so my son must of been pottering around by himself before he came on the sofa and also went to sleep!

That's quite interesting to know - would also make sense why I didn't find out with my son til 6 weeks! Would be funny if i'm having a girl this time with it being picked up so early! Would make my mum happy!x

Soooo did you get a closer look at that test? :winkwink:
FX'd! Sounding good for you!!
PS -- I'm still having nose bleeds now and I too have only had them when I was pregnant!!!
:af: :af: :af:

Pregnancy makes you paranoid! Midwives tell you if you're at all concerned to ring them & on that occasion she told me to ring the labour ward! lol. Glad i did though cos it was then they found out he was breech, not that they managed to rectify it in the end!
Not good being tired at work! What do you do? Glad i'm part time now, forgot how tiring it was! Lol.
I'm alright, have totally lost my appetite. Can eat when foods put in front of me but it was only when I went to my mums for a cuppa and she asked if i wanted anything to eat that I realised i hadn't had breakfast or lunch! OH has gone out to get me a mcdonalds for tea cos it's the only thing I could think of when asked what I wanted!x

I work at a foster/adoption non-profit agency. It's mostly desk work but stairing at my computer screen sure makes me dizzy :wacko: and I work salary so some days I put in 12hrs :dohh: sooo tired by the end of the day... What do you do? I'm jealous of the part time thing, I'm thinking about going to part time starting in March... we'll see....

How are you today hun? Any nausea? I had a small episode this morning again right when I woke up. Other than that, dizzy, sore boobs, stuff then runny nose, sharp pains in my temple every now and again and I have that empty stomach feeling even thought I've eaten recently :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->