BFP Hopefuls! (October BFP Hopefuls!)

I finally got the darn avitar/picture to work! yay. I half expected that gorilla to say " oy!!" it was the greatest thing ever...He just sat there and kept doing diffrent things with his hands and posing for pictures :)

Is that in Florida?

I know there will be a lot of gorillas in enclosures like that but I just saw the picture and it reminded me of the gorllia in Florida at Disney World.

I wish!! I want to take the kids there ...someday.....
Its Oklahoma city zoo:haha: we were visiting DH family and there for his little sisters wedding...First time the kids and I have ever been on a plane, or to OK city. It was a fun trip.:happydance:

I wish!! I want to take the kids there ...someday.....
Its Oklahoma city zoo:haha: we were visiting DH family and there for his little sisters wedding...First time the kids and I have ever been on a plane, or to OK city. It was a fun trip.:happydance:

Ahh, they would love it. Hopefully if I ever manage to get a BFP or two, I will take my children there when they're older too.

It just cost sooooo much now a days. Just to go to OK with plane and hotel it was about 2K for about 5 days. I dont even want to know what florida would be lol

Hiya guys, can I join you please :flower:
I'm TTC #1 and I think I'm 2DPO, so maybe testing 4th October...

Good day girls! I have a few minutes before I submerge myself in blissful baking (it's barely noon and it's been a hellish AF day) so I thought I'd share a recipe or two.

My first is Coconut Custard Pie. It was super easy to make and turned out delicious when I made it a few days ago.
Mine looked like this:

https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/Picture1517.jpg

1 C sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter
1 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz. Coconut

Just mix all of the ingredients together and blend really well. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until crust is brown and custard is firm.

I like to sprinkle any remaining coconut over the top of the pie. Let pie cool then chill.

For anyone who likes to make their own pie crust (like me!) this is my favorite recipe:

Double Pie Crust:

https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/Picture1509.jpg

2 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tbsp chilled butter
1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortning (or an extra 1/2 stick of butter)
4 tbsp ice water

Whisk flour and salt in a large bowl. Add sliced butter and shortening and rub it in with fingers until it turns into a coarse meal. Sprinkle with 3 tbsp of water, add more if too dry.

Gather dough into ball and divide in half. Flatten into disks and put into the fridge to cool for an hour.

Take out, roll again to measurements and follow pie recipe for baking instructions.

(Sorry that the pics are big - dunno how to make them any smaller!)

:dust: Hiya Everyone!! Can you add me in please :D I'm due to OV end of the month ish and testing around 12th OCT, my first cycle TTC baby number 2! :dust: to all! :thumbup:

Ohhh wishes4 that looks delicious!!

Hiya guys, can I join you please :flower:
I'm TTC #1 and I think I'm 2DPO, so maybe testing 4th October...

Hi Hun!

Welcome to October Hopefuls!

We have lots of things gone on in here to keep you going through the dreaded 2WW.

Check out this weeks competition - Details are all on the first page under October Hopefuls News.

We also like to post recipes on here aswell if you would like to join in doing that aswell....I then put them onto the October Hopefuls website so they are all in one place....website address is on the first page aswell.

Wishing you all the best on your journey to getting your :bfp:

Much Love

x

:dust: Hiya Everyone!! Can you add me in please :D I'm due to OV end of the month ish and testing around 12th OCT, my first cycle TTC baby number 2! :dust: to all! :thumbup:

Ohhh wishes4 that looks delicious!!

Hi Hun!

We have lots of things gone on in here to keep you going through the dreaded wait to Ov.

Check out this weeks competition - Details are all on the first page under October Hopefuls News.

We also like to post recipes on here aswell if you would like to join in doing that aswell....I then put them onto the October Hopefuls website so they are all in one place....website address is on the first page aswell.

Wishing you all the best on your journey to getting your

Much Love

x

MommyWishes4!

That looks lovely!

It's making me really hungry!

I will post it on the website ASAP!

Much Love

x

Congrats on your :bfp: wishes4!!! What a great start to the October Hopefuls!!

Just realised what date it is!

I can start testing from tomorrow but I think I'm going to hold off until around 28th or 29th.

Anyone testing soon?

Much Love

x

well ladies, AF is slowly showing up i know by maybe 2 days from now she will be here all the way and i will be taking more soy cd 3-7 and hopefully have a BFP by halloween

Can I pop in on this thread? I am new to this site although am very active on another one. I have a DD who turned one last month & have been TTC since April, but have an LPD that I take Vitex & B6 to try to fix. This is our 4th full cycle TTC (not including waiting for PP AF). DD took 6 cycles to conceive, so I'm not toooooo disappointed as of yet

Hi Hun!

We have lots of things gone on in here to keep you going through the month.

Wishing you all the best on your journey to getting your

Much Love

x

I have just spent ages reading through all the pages, wow this thread is very active lol!

My real name is Karina and my birthday is 31st October.

Wishing4bub#3 - congratulations on your BFP :)

the recipes look amazing...

Hi Ladies,

Well as you know we are running weekly competitions and we now have next weeks prize which is.....

Folic Acid!

Thats right one lucky winner will recieve a bottle of Folic Acid and a handmade congratulations card this does include people outside of the UK aswell!

We aslo have the week after prize which is....

BBT Thermometer!

Yep! you can start charting your BBT every morning with the thermometer its quick and easy! you also recieve a handmade congratulations card to go with it! This also inclues people outside of the UK aswell!

Don't forget this weeks competition prize is an IC test for your chance to win just answer the following question:

When did Dannii Minogue give birth to Ethan Edward Smith?

(DD-MM-YYY)

Please send your entires by PM...

Closing date is 29th September 2009 at Midnight!
The winner will be announced on here and put on the first page under news!

Remember ladies you have got to be init to win it!

Much Love

x

Hey sofie, I tested yesterday just because I havent been "normal" for a while...you know the moon and all :haha: It was a BFN and I figured it would be. But at this point I dont know if I want AF to stay away OR get here so I can start charting again and maybe try the temping too, since I've never tried that before.

also the prizes sounds GREAT! they def make you wanna play

well hello karina, welcome and how cool you have a halloween b day!

i just added up my dates if i have another 38 day cycle and i should start nov.1st but will no by the 31st if im going to get it the next day....so i will be totaly skipping the month of oct...... :( i hope i catch in october just like the rest of you ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->