Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I can understand what you mean. I worked in a small town in northern Scotland where everyone seemed related (!) and was the first place I came across anti-english sentiment -sometimes right to my face. Inbred gits!

Going to read the stories now I am home

Thank you for sharing your story. Danny is gorgeous. I love the picture with his name. You went through so much for your little boy. Just goes to show how strong you are and how much you love him!

Lozdi, I commented on your other thread, but I wanted to mention here too. Your story is beautiful and inspiring. Tenzin is gorgeous too! Such beautiful babies on this thread!

You ladies are so inspiring to me. I am scared to death about labour and delivery but thanks to you ladies I know I can do it!

(I think I just felt some butterfly flutters <3)

me too, wonder what they look like and I am not sqeemish in the least, tea time or other wise. It takes a lot to put me off food.

Lovely bump mrsmigs!!!

Haha! Me too! I am not really squeamish about much either. (only vomit... and teeth for some reason)

Mrs. M., your bump is beautiful! So perfect.

Just looked back to see your bump pic TS (can't see them at work) - so cute I remember when I was that size! loved it! I like my bump now but it doesn't half get in the way trying to put these bloody stocking things on! hahaha.

Haha! I was talking to my friend about what it is like to have a big belly at the end just the other day. She was laughing about how it is always in the way.

Will you need those stockings after Smartie comes? Or is it just something that is affecting you while pregnant? I thought I read that VV will go away after the baby comes.

Aw thanks Mindy my dear, I know, it was hard getting him in there in the first place and hard getting him out ... maybe thats why I had an easy pregnancy and he is behaving himself now ... making up for being a monkey!!!

Yes you will definitely be able to do it chick, your LO has to come out someway and you will surprise yourself as to how strong you were, i certainly surprised myself!!

Yay for flutters, now you have felt something you will feel it more often and be more aware of it getting stronger :yipee:

Pink, oh dear, i used to struggle just putting normal socks on, surgical stockings are the easiest things to put on at the best of times, does OH help??

I didnt even get to think about my placenta, was whipped outta me and put somewhere i guess!!!

xxx

I thought my placenta looked a bit like a brain. Mindy if you want to read my birth story with Edie (link is in my sig) it's another example of a positive, easy labour. I like sharing my birth story with pregnant ladies as it was more or less what anyone would hope for.

Clobo - he is usually away to work when I get up but if he was here he would help. TS - I had VV in my legs before this and was contemplating going to the Dr last year about them before I became pg the first time. It seems to run in my family as mum, dad and sister have all had leg VV ops. I am hoping the other ones though do go away after birth as I don't fancy an op on my bits!

Thanks Mrs. M.! I will have a read for sure!

Pink, I really hope those ones go away!! My grandmother had VV and surgeries for them. I am assuming I will end up with them too. :(

On a different note, I have been SO hungry today and yesterday. I actually got Shawn to get me some food in bed last night! Not good! :haha:

I'm making dinner at the moment, as OH is unwell and I don't want him preparing our food and making us all ill, later, when all is calm, I will find somewhere to post a placenta pic that won't be in everyone's faces on the thread, I'll also read your birth story later Clo, as I haven't yet!

Thanks, my friend took the photo and I photoshopped it!! Love babies little feet!!

Ooh Pink, no really hope those ones go away!!

Yay, i wanna see the placenta!!!

xxx

Little feet? Clo, our babies have big feet! :haha:

Mrs. M., I loved your story. You had such a fast labour and delivery with Edie :) I hope your next LO comes just as fast. I have a 2 hour (at least) drive to the hospital to deliver baby. And, March is notorious for bad storms here so I am a bit worried. I am scared Shawn will be delivering baby on the side of the highway in a storm! Not good since he faints at the sight of blood! Just watch, I will be on the news for delivering my own baby while Shawn is passed out on the ground! :haha: :haha: (Seriously though, I really hope that doesn't happen!!)

Hi everybody, really sorry if I forget anything not that I can remember much in the first place :haha:

Twinkie congrats cant wait to see some pics

Crazy yeardley is so gorgeous

Kelly, mrs m hope your chests are feeling better

Loz glad the the rash is beginning to ease a bit for you

Hi pichi, pink, debzie, Clobo, ts, mrs mmm

Can't believe how quick this time is flying, so excited but starting to feel very nervous about the birth, everything was fine and all went to plan with Ryan's I think it's just the pain I'm thinking about :haha:, and I'm so so terrified of having post natal depression again, I want to enjoy this little man from the start and never ever want to feel like I did again, I know there's no guarantees that I've had it once and it's going to happen again, but still so scared but on a more positive note little man has definitely had a growth spurt estimating from the scan yesterday they think he's around 4lbs 7oz, back on the 23rd for a final scan I think :haha:

:hugs: Hope :hugs: I really hope you don't end up with depression this time around.

hi ladies, sorry I have been MIA lately -I've just been spending a lot of time with my mum so not much time for other stuff. I'm back now though!

I don't think I'll be able to catch up so I'm just going to start fresh!

(Also I'm 14 weeks today! So, so happy - I honestly couldn't imagine myself in 2nd tri again after the miscarriage, glad to prove myself wrong :))

Wow. I missed a lot while I was asleep!

Loz-Did you ever see the post where I mentioned the Tamanu oil for your itchies? I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm glad you sleep while the baby sleeps. Because Yeardley has such bad reflux, I'd be afraid she would gag and vomit on herself and then choke (which she always does when she vomits) so while she sleeps I am always right next her awake just in case!

Mindy-Great bump picture! The clothes should definitely fit you!

Mrs M-I love your little sweater and leggings in that pic! You look so cute wearing your bump!

Clo-love the new profile pic. My LO's feet are probably half that size, lol. Little peanut.

Ugh. Doctors and nurses. Don't trust many of them either! Actually the doctor I had yesterday was a real treat. Very condescending. I have a rash on my back (it's actually a fungus....ew. I'm not a dirty person. I think it's the humid weather here. Anyways, she was like, "How did you know it was a fungus? Did you google it?" I said, "No, I have a cosmetology license, so I know what tinea looks like."

Oh, and she also wouldn't give me my medication for my anxiety. Well she GAVE it to me, but said only because she didn't want me to have to go cold turkey. She didn't feel "comfortable" prescribing it to me long term. I've been on this medication for TEN YEARS and it's what works for me. So she referred me to mental health. How am I supposed to go to a mental health appointment once a week with an infant? I'm not crazy, I have a baby who was premature, IUGR, two heart defects, horrible reflux in which nothing really helps her pain, and I'm isolated on an island where she can't get the care she needs. Needless to say, I'm a little stressed out, and that's normal. I was so angry when I left that appointment. Now I have to talk to mental health but it takes them like a week to refill my prescription because they never call me back. Oh, and my regular therapist ALSO had a preemie (her and Yeardley were roomates) and has been shipped off the island.

Sorry for the rant. I'm still pissed about it.

Crayz, I'm so sorry you have been receiving such terrible care. When do you get to go to the states with Yeardley? Can you get some better help there? I hope you get your medication sorted soon.
Ginny, good to see you and happy second tri! It's such a great feeling isn't it? I hope your mum is ok, she is lucky to have you to support her.
Hope, great to see you, and so close to the end! You must be our next due Mummy. Try not to stress too much about getting Pnd. My friend had it with her second child, but her third was a completely different experience and she was fine.
Loz, Clo, Kelly, Mmm, Mindy, Pink, Pichi, hope you are all ok today. I've woken up feeling shattered, must have had a bad nights sleep. I'm also feeling a bit down today, can't put my finger on why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->