Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Yay!!!!! Debzie, that is the best news!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Lozdi, I'm sorry you are nervous of needles now :hugs: I wish I could help somehow. I hope she listens when you say no.

Pichi, I hope the muffin helps :) I just made a chocolate one and shared it with shawn.

I just realized I didn't say you should put all the ingredients in a mug and stir it up and microwave it in that. I'm sure you all knew what I meant! Haha!

i have a question for you ladies... what do you do for headaches? my "tricks" haven't helped this rotten headache that i have had since yesterday :(

i have tried an ice pack and a warm bath. i am considering a coffee for the caffeine :(

i have a question for you ladies... what do you do for headaches? my "tricks" haven't helped this rotten headache that i have had since yesterday :(

i have tried an ice pack and a warm bath. i am considering a coffee for the caffeine :(

Hi Too_Scared

We are in similar situations (kind of) - I'm 35, expecting my first too! And I also have had a headache since yesterday. I miss taking Advil as they used to always work. I've been taking Tylenol which I know is safe during pregnancy but it's not working. I think I will have a cup of coffee - that does the trick and one cup a day is safe.

It's not really bad, just a slight throb....

i really hope you feel better soon :hugs:

i have heard that a cup of coffee and a tylenol is a good combination to help with a headache when pg. tylenol doesn't budge my headaches at all so i don't really see the point of taking it now :( a coffee on its own would probably help me more. i miss advil as well. luckily i don't get headaches often. i hope this headache today isn't the start of a trend.

we do have a lot in common! we are also both canadians! :D

My headaches are often down to dehydration and not having drunk enough the day before. Keep drinking as much water or cordial as you can all day.

2nd that. Headaches usually come on because of not drinking enough here too. Well, with the exceptions of migraines :/

I had a few more headches than normal and they are worse when dehydrated so as the other girls have said, keep drinking.

If you have a headache that you can't blame on dehydration (you KNOW you have drunk enough) then go for the coffee, because sometimes in pregnancy the relaxin hormone can relax your veins too...and caffeine is a vasoconstrictor so will tighten those veins back up nicely. Its worked for me a few times, the coffee doesn't even have to be strong.

She will have to listen when I say no because if she tries to draw blood when I have declined it would be assault and I would punch her on the nose! I'm just not looking forward to the 'discussion' we will have to have about it.

Hi Tacotime, welcome to the thread :flower:

i guess it must have been dehydration. my "supper" last night was watermelon aqua fresca and a little bit of cheese. haha! that seemed to do the trick. thanks ladies :) my aversion to water is getting better. i can drink more of it during the day now, rather than just in the evenings. that makes me happy because i used to drink water all the time before this.

thanks lozdi, i will remember that. i didn't now that relaxin would relax your veins too! that is crazy. i really, really hope that the conversation with your mw goes smoothly. i am sure she should have enough sense to see that you are scared and not to push it!

i don't get many headaches in general, usually just a few days around the time of af. i find headaches are such a pain, i can't function with them at all. every now and then i would get a migraine and that would put me out of commission for a day or 2. my sister and my best friend get migraines all the time. i have no idea how they deal with them all the time. :(

i hope you ladies are well :) it is another hot, sunny day here. i have all my curtains closed in hopes that the sun doesn't heat up the house too much.

Loz - sorry missed your earlier post. What are they checking for with the bloods? I know they will want to check iron/heam levels but I ammuming all being well with other blood results and your general health that should be it. They cannot enforce that you have bloods done (although they would be reimiss not to try to gently persuade you) but you can refuse without predjuice. Some places use finer butterfly needles or maybe ask for emla cream to put on prior to your mw appointment (you'll need to ask about that now so they can give you some) so 1 or 2 areas are numb. It is not nice to have needle phobia (especially from a traumatic experinece) so they should be respectful of that.

I used to hate needles! Injections especially but after the horrendous mess they made of my hand when in labor instead of scare me more I've gone the opposite way which is VERY strange.

Is there any other way they can get the blood and test? I hope you don't need to have an argument with the midwife about it :(

Loz, swimming, I might go tomorrow, lush!! If everything is ok then this will be the last routine blood test you will have chick, why not ask what the tests are for and see what you think then?? I cant remember what mine were for, think it was mainly just iron levels.

TS, deffo cooler today thanks, still hot hot hot in the sun but there is a bit more breeze!! Hope all ok with you my dear?? That recipe sounds yummy, especially as you just cook in the microwave, will have to try that!! Lots of water should help the headaches and don’t get too hot or tired.

MrsMig, yay for movements, lovely isn’t it :yippee:

Debzie, :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: excellent news, Im so happy for you :cloud9: cool picky, love the little hands and feet!! So you can relax a bit now chick, take it easy and rest up

Tacotime :wave: congratulations xxx

Loz - sorry missed your earlier post. What are they checking for with the bloods? I know they will want to check iron/heam levels but I ammuming all being well with other blood results and your general health that should be it. They cannot enforce that you have bloods done (although they would be reimiss not to try to gently persuade you) but you can refuse without predjuice. Some places use finer butterfly needles or maybe ask for emla cream to put on prior to your mw appointment (you'll need to ask about that now so they can give you some) so 1 or 2 areas are numb. It is not nice to have needle phobia (especially from a traumatic experinece) so they should be respectful of that.

She wanted one vial for antibodies, and one for blood type because I refused that one at my booking appointment. My blood type is on my medical records ffs! My iron levels are typically epic, and she can go suck on an egg rather than take bloods because she can't do something simple like look up my blood type in my records (I can never remember my blood type). She can gently persuade me all she likes, she is having no blood. I am considering not even going to the appointment now, had bad dreams last night in which my arm stopped working altogether because she messed up a blood draw and scuppered up a nerve! Illogical I know, but its not helping my worries. I think I'll call her before the appointment and point out my concerns. Its that or I won;t go because I don't want to be bullied. See how irrational this needle thing is making me? Arg! I used to be fine with blood draws! Another thing that worries me, is that I'm off the asprin now and she couldn't get 2 full vials when my blood was thinned! Had a small palpitation last night, but very mild compared to the ones I was getting before the asprin. :wacko: She isn't sticking me in the hand with a butterfly thing either, had to have that after the mmc and it grossed me out in the extreme, and the vein in my hand has been flat ever since, whereas before it was nice and plump. I'm going to go phone them!

Yay I just called a midwife and she has put on my notes for my regular midwife the issues with bloods...plus she told me that given the bloods I have had were very good she wouldn't be overly concerned at me refusing further bloods. She also said they can use a finger pricker to test my iron levels which I'm fine with as I use one of those anyway to monitor my blood glucose. Apparently my last known iron level was 13.5 :coolio: which she said were excellent...I then mentioned that in my first pregnancy iron was at 16 and she said blimey I could have spared some! :haha: I feel much better now. :happydance:I also asked if refusing bloods will mean I can't have a home birth and she said it won't affect that at all, as long as I can find out what my blood group is for them just so they know.

I am so glad you phoned and now feel more relaxed and it is all sorted. I hope my post didn't make you worse, it wasn't intended that way.

The midwife did mention that cream you mentioned- its not so much the pain thats the problem for me, its the fact that she tried for ages and couldn't get enough blood then my arm went all weird ug it was cringe worthy! The one I spoke to on the phone said they will need to formulate a plan for me for if I NEED some sort of injection during labour, but its not being jabbed by a needle that gets me so much as having bloods removed, in an emergency situation I'd be like JAB ME!

I need to see the dentist soon, and I'm not fearing that needle at all....I always make him use numbing cream before a gum jab!

Loz, so pleased that you got away with not having to have the blood tests again chick.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->