Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Sweden- is that a general rule? I know they have the same rule out here, but they also say if you're temping and timing your intercourse in the fertile window and nothing happens within 6 months chances are you have an underlying issue and they'll run some tests. I'm glad we went with our gut and went in at 6 months instead of waiting the full year.

Yes it's a general rule. I know if in a couple of months I don't get my BFP that I'll go sooner. But for now it has only been one cycle TTC really- a couple of whoops here and there. So not sure I should worry too much- just being impatient with my long cycles. I stopped my BC months back and don't think I refilled my prescription for over a year, so I'll just say we have been trying. Or if my cycle does go over 35 days this month or next then I'll go!

They do count being off BCP as TTC. You've got over a year technically already then.

Good to know! Thanks! Hoping I won't need to go and get my BFP soon but it is something I should keep in mind.

sheece did they give you the clomid? did they say what is DH's mortality rate? i think that the plan the docs have got you on is good. only because, why do the ivf if you can get pregnant with iui. its alot cheaper and bit more natural, sort of, to do it that way. also if you do have to go to ivf method, you will be pregnant soon. thats only 3 months away. and thats a plus on not having as bad endo as you thought you did. do you start next cycle or are you doing anything this cycle?

sweden the dips come before your O so i hope that with all the changes you have done this cycle that your O does come sooner.

hi starry, welcome. are your temping? were you on bc before ntnp? are your cycles normally very long?

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcomes :flower:

I was on the BCP before NTNP - I came off early to try and get my body into a rhythym but has definitely not done so. My cycles are never normally 28 days usually pushing 30-32. It's like my body knows we are TTC and it's being difficult. I am not temping and have never used OPKs before. Thinking we might have another go and try to DTD every second day. Then if this doesn't work I'll look into temping. Even though I have absolutely no idea how to do any of it. :blush:

Hope sorry to hear about your OH. Hopefully he comes around soon. :hugs: My DH has already offered after one cycle. I think he is just a little bit too impatient. Here's to hoping it doesn't take too long.

Over here the general rule is 12 months of TTC before going to get checked out but to be honest, I've never really thought about it or considered we'd have any issues.

Whimsy - Nope they didn't give me clomid. We are basically on my own until the start of my 2nd cycle from now. I had a look at the meds schedule for IUI and they are giving me gonal instead of clomid for that too, which I was happy about, I've heard good things about gonal.

Our plan is to do everything we can to take advantage of being extra fertile since the op. I told OH that he has to not drink at all and he is happy to do that. I think the news about his semen analysis has shaken him. It's different when it could be a problem on their end! His mortality rate is fine, its the total concentration that is on the low side. He also is borderline abnormal on the dna fragmentation front (which basically means his sperm find it hard to meet the egg and fertilise it).

That's what the doc is most worried about, so they will pick the best swimmers with the iui and hopefully that works. I made a journal too finally, you got me thinking about doing it so I did :) link is in my sig.

Hopeful - that must be very frustrating for you :( It is probably the whole male pride thing but really he needs to get over it. yes its scary thinking you might potentially get some bad news, but the quicker you know the quicker you can fix it after all. Plus you've had to go through it all, it's his turn now. I hope he comes around soon!

sheece, i was just all over your page. :haha: hope your extra fertile window makes you exactly that and you got in some good timed BD. also dont know what your chart is doing.

Star, we can give you a long talk on temping. i only started doing it late last year after being talked through it thoroughly. DTD every other day is great. you just have to find a way to keep things alive. they do get a bit boring after some time. :haha:

Sweden, totally agree with Abe. technically its been a year. even if you have not been actively trying specifically to get preg. hope you can get some insight soon. if your cycles do continue to keep getting longer, its best to get checked.

Abe i also have a love hate for your charts. i mean they are poster charts for BPF cycles but somehow its just working. gosh i just can wait for the iui so you have more specific things to work... if this month does work out that is.

I can't wait either. If the IUI doesn't end up working we'll be hitting 2 years TTC come May. It's honestly just gotten so emotionally draining. Luckily we've also got some embryos leftover from the IVF round, so once I hit goal weight were good to go. It's so close I can taste it.

Hey ladies! Sorry, I had to take a few days away after AF got me again this month.

I am on CD 4 now, and have an HSG booked for Friday to make sure that there is no damage to my tubes from my ectopic last spring. If all looks good, we will be moving on to IUI in the summer, and if yes, IVF. I am 99% sure that everything is fine but I guess they need to double check.

Question-when i first started seeing my RE (a year and a half ago)she had suggested doing a laparoscopy to see if the cause of my chronic pelvic pain is endometriosis, but she hasnt mentioned anything since... Should I try and do this before starting with our IUI cycles? Would endo affect our chances with IUI? I should mention that where we live, we receive unlimited funded IUI cycles and one funded IVF cycle, but each hospital has a limit of how many they can use each year, and their new year is beginning in April. Our dr also mentioned that she doesnt know if/when this could change. I feel like this is a race against time to get on a list for a funded cycle and I dont know what to prioritize first!

Thanks for all the insight guys, I'll definitely think about heading to the doc if we don't make it this cycle.
I was hoping that it wouldn't be needed but might be good. About 7 years ago (I was definitely not TTC) they suspected I had endo and told me I could get this looked into if I wanted, and thought there was no need at the time. The doctor at the time told me to try to have kids before 26 but we were never in a place to. I am now 27. So maybe this would be the time to look more into it.
Although even though I stopped BC last year, I have been using barrier contraception until last month, so maybe I should give it a couple of months trying?

Star- I would definitely start temping so you can understand your cycles more. I found it REALLY helpful!

Abennion- praying that you don't need to use the embryos and that this is your month!

Sheece- great that your OH is now also not drinking etc. Fingers crossed your extra fertile window will work its magic!

Jwilly- sorry I have no insight into your question..

Oh and btw do any of you dream you find out your pregnant? It happened to me last night and it felt sooooooo good, and then boom I woke up.

I did once Swedengirl, very vividly! I felt so happy when I woke up until i realised it was just a dream!

There was a moment when I first woke up that it felt so real, and then it dawned on me that it wasn't.

Was feeling pretty sucky, but looks like I just got my first hint of EWCM. And I am only CD13. So feeling hopeful that the soy might of moved up my O date!:happydance::happydance:

Hi lovely's!
Thank you all for sharing your views it has really helped me mostly just knowing its not just me and I am not alone. I was starting to think my husband was going off me or I was just too much of a nag. Anyway its not all roses yet but I have explained why I was getting annoyed with him and also said I do not like having to feel like I am begging him. We calmly discussed it then I did shout a little, walked away and came back to it yesterday and spoke again. I think i have gotten through as he is calling to book an appointment today:) Still no BD and as tomorrow is O day I am a little stressed about that but I said this morning calmly please can we DTD tonight ie don't go overdoing it at gym and saying you are too tired again. I am hopping a mixture of telling him the facts but then not going on about it will work but as frustrating and time restricted as I feel I am trying not to pass this onto him.
Swedengirl - As someone who struggles with endo i really would encourage you to look into it sooner rather than putting it off. You can still keep actively trying to get pregnant while looking into the stage of endo, and like we have said before clearing the endo can make you more fertile. Its just something you really don't want to progress to a higher stage. And yes I have the baby dream all the time! Love it :)
Hope everyone else is in a good place and baby dust to you all xxx

Fingers crossed the soy is working for you swedengirl!! I know the frustrations of long cycles!

I agree with Hopeful, and I've experienced it too. If you think there could be a chance, there's no harm in getting checked out.

I wish I had gone in as soon as my cycles went whacky. Instead I waited 10 months. Now we are in the 15th month and I've only just had the lap, and am in the "super fertile" period right now.

I think at the very least, it will be good to get checked out so you can rule things out too.

Hopeful - I'm glad your hubby has booked the appointment! You must feel relieved :)

sweden if you were using any form of bc from the time you got off the pill then give it a few months. the things docs look for is a set cycle with a period every month and if you have that, give it some time.

jwilly, sorry about AF. she can be a B to see and to deal with. i think probing the endo with be better for you to do now than to start your iui's. reason being, if the endo is bad, your chances of conceiving even with the iui is really slim. a lap isnt a very big surgery and its takes 3-6 weeks recovery and by then you can be registered for the iui's and ivf and worst case senario, your ivf can be done by july/august if nothing works before that.

hope, my DH is alot like yours. if i used to tell him fertile window, we would almost never have sex, but if i never say anything and just come onto him randomly, we would get some good BD in that window. i do not think he is tired of you. its just that its alot of stress for him, esp when he has to perform under pressure. im glad you two spoke and he had made the appointment. i think encouraging him and maybe going with him will help as he wont feel alone.

Abe, anniversaries for ttc are ones that are more daunting than anything. i will be 5 years come June. its really not a pretty thing to think about so i suggest you focus more on whats coming up for you to try this cycle and on the fact that you have some frosties waiting there for you when that goal weight comes around is just perfect.

me, im ok. trying to find the roses in all these days of thorns

Sweden- I get those dreams occasionally. Even my DH gets them every now and then.

Hopeful- I honestly just wouldn't tell him when your fertile window is. Men tend to get performance anxiety when they get told they HAVE to finish in you.

Whim- you keep searching :) you'll find them.

AFM: well, that whole not looking thing went well (sarcasm). What the hell is going on? My temps have never looked so - I don't want to say flat because they are changing on a day to day basis, but - flat. Go up, go down, just do something!

Abe- I have never seen such a flat section in a chart! Let's hope it is a good sign!

Sheece and hopeful- called the doctors today to set up a time to go in and discuss further investigations into the possible endo. Thanks for the push- think I needed it.

Whimisical- yes I think I'll give it a few more cycles before I start to really seek out doctors, but thought I would just get the ball rolling on getting the possible endo confirmed. It can take a bit of time here.

Looks like I might of jumped the gun on the EWCM- no sign of it today and only a faint line on the OPK. I am not that experienced in them but if I understand right- a positive on an OPK is the same darkness as the control line right?
Praying I O even a day earlier. I am away next week from early thursday until monday and FF says I am due to O on Sunday. Even if we BD on Weds late- think it might be too early.

I had a dream last night that both my sisters were pregnant :haha:

So I've been thinking that I want to maybe give temping a go this month. I'm currently on CD 5 so should probably hurry up. But where did you ladies buy the thermometers? I'm thinking I'll need to order online. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks sooo much xx

I ordered mine off of amazon. Try to find one that measures to the hundredth. It'll save a lot of confusion. Also, you need to temp at first thing when you wake up at the same time every day for consistency. If you sleep with your mouth open I would recommend temping vaginally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->