Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Hi ladies, as we've just started TTC, I've been reading the forums here and have seen some who say they didn't realize they weren't ovulating. Will temping and a predictor kit be enough to confirm ovulation? My cycle is pretty regular (AF always starts on days 28 or 29) but not sure what that tells me about O.

I'd love to join in too!

Im 25 my partner is 29. We have been TTC since october bit i think we missed ovulation that month so im couting from november. I got my 4th BFN last thursday when AF showed up so this will be round 5! :coffee:

We may have tempted fate a bit as we have starting filling our flat with baby stuff only to be disappointed month after month. Nobody ever said trying was going to be this hard, take so long and quite frankly be so unsexy and boring..

Were (well me he thinks km being impatient) starting to get slightly worried that this is taking longer than it should so if we still get a BFN next month I'll be going for a fertility scan just to check everything is working as it should be.

Baby dust to all I hope we all get our :bfp: asap!

Welcome Sasha!

I don't want to confirm your fears or anything, but our nursery is almost complete and painted... almost 2 years later still no baby.

Hopefully it doesn't take you that long!

Welcome Meep and Sascha!

Got my fingers crossed for you today Abe!

Afm- got my final BD in before I go away for a long weekend. Fingers crossed I O ASAP. It feels like it has been coming forever but I think maybe today or tomorrow!

Welcome girls :)

Meep - temping is a good way to see what your cycle is doing yeah :) Temping plus checking your cm plus opks will cover all bases. I recommend fertility friend for tracking too if you aren't already on it.

Sweden - fingers crossed you ovulate today / tomorrow!!

Fluffy - I already forgot to wear socks last night :haha: Going well so far lol

Pain is gone today thankfully!

Abennion, you have had a nursery ready for two years? Sending hugs to you! I will be using my current office as the nursery, so I cannot really get started on it until quite late in the pregnancy ^-^" It's been really hard holding off on buying baby things though, I keep being tempted... however, I feel like it would make waiting harder for me instead of easier, so I'm not buying anything until that BFP!! That said, I might cave any day XD

@Meep
Like Sheece said, temping is best to find out when you ovulate (I temp too) :) If you have regular 28/29 day cycles, chances are they are completely normal and you ovulate around day 14.

@Sasha
Hi and welcome! I went off the pill in November, but we're only starting TTC this month. Have you been temping to see if you catch your ovulation each cycle? It may depend on your doctor, but mine told me that I can come in for a fertility check if we try unsuccessfully for 6 months.

@Sheece
haha, maybe put some socks on your bed tonight so you remember? That's what I'm planning on doing once I'm in the TWW :)

Yeah, we thought we would get our BFP right away, and things like the crib and dresser we wanted in there went on sale so we picked it up. Now DH tells me we have to wait for a confirmed BFP before buying anything else . We've had some CPs, and have bought things out of excitement only for AF to show.

And on that note... got my temp drop today, right on time. Ugh. At least we'll have the IUI this cycle.

@Sasha
Hi and welcome! I went off the pill in November, but we're only starting TTC this month. Have you been temping to see if you catch your ovulation each cycle? It may depend on your doctor, but mine told me that I can come in for a fertility check if we try unsuccessfully for 6 months.

I haven't been temping but I've been using opk's I'm pretty sure they work as even if I've had a longer than normal cycle, AF always seems to start 14 days after the opk said i was ovulating but I might try temping this month. We will also be trying BabyYes (fertility lubricant) anything to help!

Welcome Sasha!

I don't want to confirm your fears or anything, but our nursery is almost complete and painted... almost 2 years later still no baby.

Hopefully it doesn't take you that long!

Pretty much the same. We havent set up the nursery or anything but i looked on Argos baby sale yesterday and I realised we already have everything we need... We jave been buying little bits and bons on sale and stpring it in his parents attic. Its good to be prepared so eairly as when i do finally get the BFP at least all that money can be used for matternity leave.

All we need is a pram and a car seat and were baby ready! We even have 3 months worth of nappies ready!

I'm sorry Abe, stupid AF :(

Are you doing a medicated IUI?

Abe- I am so sorry. I have heard great things from IUI :hugs:
Sheece- Sorry you having a tough time after lap. I am always so dam tired for weeks after, but it passes. Glad you feeling better already but try to take it easy over the next few days. I always think I am fine and then overdo things and end up back at square one.
Sweedengirl- Glad the seduction worked :winkwink: Fingers crossed for O today/tomorrow.
Sheece- I have now turned my heater on under my desk! Very odd for me as I am always hot but any extra help I can get I am taking!!
Sasha- Welcome :flower: I know exactly what you mean about it not being fun! When people say things like well have fun trying I want to screem at them! They clearly have no idea!:nope:
Fluffy- I am same, too scared to buy anything but have reached the stage I have to avoid the baby section in shops. Part of me is too sad to see the cute baby bits (and happy parents to be) but the other part of me is scared I will go on a mad spending spree and start buying everything I see!
Nothing happening with me I am just waiting for next Thursday to see if AF shows. My boobs have been really tender but I am sure that is just me overthinking it all!
Baby dust to all you lovely's!

Sheece - we will be. Now, whether that's Clomid, Femera or Gonal, I have no idea yet. I should have more answers later on today. It is nice to see though that my cycles have regulated out to 30 days. This is month three, and I definitely like not having those 40+ cycles anymore! You're setting up this month too, aren't you?

Hopeful- trying to stay positive about the IUI but I've heard and seen so many stories of them not working. We're just hopefully trying to save money before having to use our frosties. With a 40 lb difference it should help, but I'm not in the clear yet to a healthy BMI, and I have seen that work wonders with BFP stories.

I too tend to stay away from baby sections, but even that can't be helped sometimes. We're going to do an Easter photoshoot with DH's side of the family and we we had the wonderful task of going to pick out clothing for the nieces and nephews... some of which are still under 1 (I've got 8 nieces and nephews all under 7 years old. This past year was especially hard because all three of my SILs were pregnant and/or had a baby) so needless to say we found ourselves in the baby section of quite a few stores.

The worst part about TTC is the insensitivity! DH's best friend got married this past summer, and two weeks ago we were out with him (his wife lives in Zambia - he's currently trying to get her green card status in Canada) and he kept talking about how he and his wife have had a couple of pregnancy scares and freaking out about how she can't get pregnant before she's here (he's visited her a couple of times since the wedding), completely forgetting that we've been trying for the past two years. DH saw my face fall, and later apologized for it, but I've learned to try to mask just how much it bothers me.

Hey ladies! Sorry I ducked out for a bit, just trying to get caught up.

Abe sorry AF showed. Good luck this month! Is this your first IUI cycle?

Sasha I have a hard time not buying as well. I cant stop buying CLOTHES and i actually end up buying more every month when AF shows... My collection is getting a little out of control.

My next test date will be April 9th if I have my regular 30 day cycle this time around. This will be our last chance to get pregnant within a year of our last positive test, so I am really hoping for a miracle this month. My HSG was on Friday, and it showed just one tube open so I am not holding out a ton of hope. Less than a year ago both were open... :shrug:.

I'm sorry jwilly - have they looked at surgery to reopen it?

This will be our first IUI. DH wanted to skip ahead to IVF when we first got to the clinic, because the success rates were much, much higher. Now that that's failed and my mental health isn't doing so well on the TTC front, we're looking at our cheaper options.

We have an appointment with our RE to discuss, but it isnt until May 18th. I feel like our process is taking so LONG, mostly because every appointment we book is scheduled 2-3 months out.

Do you get any funded cycles in AB? Totally understand your decision to skip ahead to IVF. How many cycles did you do?

No funding in AB. Luckily, my MIL was able to loan us half of the money for IVF and she paid for the other half. We've only done the one cycle.

Oh, appointments take forever! We were referred in November 2015, didn't get called until February 2016, and had our initial appointment May 2016. Our follow up for post- testing was in July. Luckily, we cycled in August (there was no waiting list at that time for cycles). IVF is apparently just a call in and we'll figure it out thing, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

The waiting is horrible! In Ontario, we get funded IUI cycles and one funded IVF cycle (I think this is new in the last year or so??) but the wait times are crazy and no one knows how long the funded cycles will be around for so it is a mad rush it seems.

There was talk of getting IVF funded in AB, but with the oil crash it's not going to happen anytime soon. There is a cheaper clinic though here in Calgary that uses a different method for IVF (they use a pod incubator that actually stays in utero for 5 days) but because we needed ICSI we opted to not do it.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out this cycle abennion, crossing my fingers for you for the future! Hearing you describe how insensitive people have been about your long term TTC is so sad, I think I would have just broken down in tears! My neighbour already has a baby and is currently pregnant with her second (I just heard). She hasn't said anything about it but I still feel very jealous. I cannot imagine having to deal with buying things for all the nieces and nephews. You shouldn't have to mask how what people say makes you feel, I think many people are just thoughtless and don't want to be hurtful. You shouldn't have to pretend it's ok when it's not!

HopefulB, you've described exactly how I feel. It's nice to know others feel the same :) The weather has been getting quite nice here lately and I'm seeing prams about everywhere *sigh*

I feel like my current cycle is going so slowly (cycle day 6 today)... people always talk about the TWW, but does anyone feel like the time *until* ovulation moves even slower? X)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->