Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Abe came on to look at your temps! Increase is looking good!

Yeah, it kind of surprised me this morning! It looked like my temps were heading down. Here's hoping it stays up!

Hello everyone, may I join? :)

I'm 28 years old (so is hubby) and we moved from the UK to Germany last year. We've been waiting to try for our first for a while, it feels like I've wanted a baby for three years at least! We were both still at uni until last year, he is now working and I completed my PhD this February. Oh and we got married last year, too! :)

I came of the pill in November and have been temping since then. The first two cycles were long but regular 40-day cycles with ovulations on day 28/29, but the most recent cycle lasted 55 days!!! Finally got my period yesterday and hoping this one will be a regular one again - and our first cycle to TTC ^^ I'm hoping to have an early 2018 baby (not a December birth), so this cycle should work for that :)

Anyway, I'm really excited to finally be here ^^ I'm a little worried about the long cycles, but my gyn said it's nothing to worry about since my body might still be finding it's pattern after coming off the pill. Cannot wait to finally be pregnant!

I had a dream last night that both my sisters were pregnant :haha:

So I've been thinking that I want to maybe give temping a go this month. I'm currently on CD 5 so should probably hurry up. But where did you ladies buy the thermometers? I'm thinking I'll need to order online. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks sooo much xx

I got mine off amazon too, and I agree it's better to get one that is more accurate than the standard ones, it helps with charting. I got the "Domotherm Rapid" and have been very happy with it :)
I find it helps to always measure at the same time (right when you get up, while you still lie in bed) as it makes your chart more steady and easier to interpret.

Hello ladies, may I join you? DH and I have been married for 8 months, I am 36 and he is 31. We TTC for the first time this month, AF today. This month I have my thermometer and O predictor kit ready. Good luck everyone :flower:

Welcome Ladies :) Baby dust your way!

Abe - Your chart does look good, even with the slight dip today! Fingers crossed :)

Mine has dipped and AF is starting. Lame because I was hoping for a miracle bfp, and now we only have 1 cycle left before IUI.

But good because it was a 30 day cycle, last cycle was 31 days so I think for sure my cycles are regulating again!! Pretty happy with that :) Hopefully the 3rd month of good cycles is a charm :)

Hello ladies, may I join you? DH and I have been married for 8 months, I am 36 and he is 31. We TTC for the first time this month, AF today. This month I have my thermometer and O predictor kit ready. Good luck everyone :flower:

hey there! how long are your cycles? This will by my first TTC cycle too! ^^ Maybe we'll be cycling around the same time! :) I'm temping too. (AF three days ago, but my cycles tend to be 40 days long so ovulation around day 28/29 so far...)

Hey!

Welcome to the new ladies! And exciting you are joining from WTT fluffycookie.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Abe!

Sheece let's hope this AF is the start of your BFP cycle. Baby dust your way!

AFM- I finally have some indisputable EWCM and cervix is now HSO. So guessing O is 2 days away for me. Wanted to get some BD in this morning, but my OH woke up early and was gone by the time I woke up. So I am on serious seduction planning for tonight. Any tips welcome on how to seduce without saying "I am fertile!".

Welcome Fluffy & Meep :flower:
Swedengirl I wish I had the answer to this! I will be watching to see what ideas the other girls have :winkwink:

He is normally pretty receptive to it when I am in the mood, but have been in the mood a lot more not we are TTC so think I have tired him out a bit:haha:

So just worried he wont be in the mood as he said he was too tired yesterday but the did BD on saturday. I am thinking about maybe texting him towards the end of the day and saying "Wow. I am really in the mood, can't wait for you to get home." but then I worry he might be in a meeting or something! But it is not like someone will read his texts or something...

Sorry Sweden, I have no answers. Usually if DH is tuckered out that's it for TTC that month for us...

AFM: AF is due in two days. Here's hoping nothing shows on a Wednesday! Temp went back up this morning, so the hope is still alive.

@HopefulB and abennion
thanks for the welcome :) I'm crossing my fingers for you on Wednesday abennion!

@swedengirl
so happy your ovulation is coming earlier this cycle! as for seduction tipps (haha): I find that wearing an outfit he really likes when he comes home (cute dress) usually does the trick. If he's tired, normally cuddling in bed wakes him back up - just ditch the pyjamas that night, tiredness is quickly forgotten in my experience :D

Abe- really keeping my fingers crossed your temp stays up and AF doesn't arrive!

So I have made our apartment all nice and tidy, put on a low cut top :winkwink: and got tapas for dinner (his favourite). Going to try to just be flirty and relaxed and hope he is up for it. If worst comes to worst and his says he is too tired- I will pull out the I'm fertile card. I have never said it to him before so I do not know how he will react- but have a feeling it might stress him so not going to try it unless I have to!

I am just so glad it looks like I am Oving before I go away on Thursday- such a shame if not being in the mood means my soy trial was worthless!

Tapas and low top 0
I'm fertile 1

I'm fertile for the win.....

Wow AF after a laparoscopy is no joke! Pain isn't intense as it was before but ive had 2 days of a constant ache and its completely wiped me out.

I'm googling everything I can about conceiving this cycle! Going to try self fertility massage and red raspberry leaf tea again.

I also came across stuff about having a cold uterus! It's a chinese medicine thing and widely known apparently. I get really cold hands and feet which is a sign, and lowish bbt temps so it wont hurt for me to try what they say, which is to wear socks and make sure your feet are always warm, and use heat packs before ovulation.

We will see. At the very least I'll be overly warm lol.

Abe - your chart is looking great still! Can't wait to see what the next few days hold. Are you going to test once you've missed AF?

@swedengirl
haha XD Seems like he didn't need a lot of seduction after all!

@Sheece
Interesting thing you are saying about TCM, I will try that too :) Can't hurt to wear extra warm socks before ovulation!

@abennion
I've found your journal and am now following, crossing my fingers that your temp stays up and that this is your lucky cycle!

Sheece- used an IC and got a BFN. But no surprise there. Good thing I only have two of them left! Never using this brand again. Im hoping to test (DH will let me use the FRER!) at 16DPO if I can make it. Any CP we've had hasn't made it past 13, and my LP is 12 so either today or tomorrow I should be getting that temp drop if I'm getting AF.

Fluffy: thanks!

AFM: temp down again this morning, but no lower that it has been post O, so FX it doesn't drop tomorrow!

I've also heard this warmth thing. I read you should only eat warm foods- nothing cold (e.g. Nothing below room temp) should enter your stomach during the TWW. It is meant to draw blood from your uterus.
My Chinese friend also swears having a foot soak in warm water for ten minute every night lead to her getting her BFP at 40.

So I might try that this TWW!

Abe- really hoping your temps stay up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"