Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

All went well, I feel a bit better now that we know the plan!

I'm on the lowest dose of Gonal F (37.5) because I have a high AMH number, so I'm injecting that every day until ovulation basically. Then ovidrel trigger, and 3 ovidrel booster shots after the IUI.

My doc wants me to do a slow and steady treatment hence the low dose. And the clinic opens at 7 for blood tests so I *should* be able to do it mostly without work knowing, so thats a relief!

Hopefully I ovulate in the next day or two (CM is looking good) and if we don't get pregnant this cycle, I should be starting it in 2 weeks :coffee:

@Sheece
Having a plan really helps with stressful situations! Crossing my fingers for you, I have a feeling that after a difficult 2016 worldwide, we all deserve a little extra luck in 2017! :)

I want to jump on this 2017 bandwagon too!

Got my CD21 blood tests today, still had no signs of O...

Sounds like a great protocol, Sheece! Almost like a mini IVF! I'm glad they didn't start you out on Clomid or Femera :)

Congrats to Sasha!

On to cycle 3 for me as well, AF showed up today. First time temping and my temps stayed up for 13 days, so that was positive :thumbup:

Question for you all - I'm 36, DH is 32. This is first time TTC for both of us. If you were me, would you try to get any basic testing done right off the bat? In our dreams we would have 2 kids but we'd have a pretty short timeframe to do so...

Congrats Sasha - so exciting!

Unfortunately AF got me yesterday. On to cycle three. I know it's only cycle three and I have nothing to complain about in comparison, but it's still pretty disappointing. I can't help but get my hopes up. Hopefully the disappointment eases.

Same! AF got me today and I'm on to cycle 3. I felt sad but also like I was being a brat for already getting bummed out so early on. I guess it is natural.

Meep- I think the recommendation is if you're over 35 you should wait 6 cycles before seeking answers from doctors, a year if you're younger than that.

Meep- I think the recommendation is if you're over 35 you should wait 6 cycles before seeking answers from doctors, a year if you're younger than that.

Thanks abe, yeah I have seen that rec before, makes sense. I wasn't sure if there are any less involved/basic checks they'll do before you even spend 6 months trying. I'm trying to get an appointment with my obgyn to discuss but of course since I said the word "fertility" I now have to get a referral from my PCP :dohh:

@Meep
My doctor said that if your cycles are irregular (as mine are) or if you have any other specific concerns, you can come in earlier than 6 months. After I had my 55 day cycle, she said I can come in any time if I have another 50+ day cycle. :)

Please add me.

Hopeful for a BFP in 2017.

We just started TTC, cycle 1 - feeling nervous and excited.

Welcome, Dream, hopefully you won't have a long wait ��

Meep I agree, if you have erratic cycles or any other issues, the six months of TTC might not be necessary. I'm 25 but was seen after less than a year because I had no periods at all after coming off the pill.

Welcome Dream!!

@ Meep - fingers crossed cycle 3 is our cycle! Are you're cycle regular? Mine vary between 32-36 days, so it's quite easy to get my hopes up thinking I'm late.

We must all (nearly) be moving onto 2018 babies... that's exciting :flower:

I feel a bit bad I have nothing to add when discussing the fertility treatments some of you ladies must have. I don't know a whole lot on that side of things. However, a good friend of mine is starting IVF after 7 months of trying so it will give me a chance to learn more about all of that!

I should be joining the 2018 baby heard in a couple of days :) AF is due on Thursday, tested this morning and got a BFN, but I'm hoping my cold/ the Femera, messed with my temps.

This cycle is going so long now that I'm in for a 2018 baby too! 2017 is the year of pregnancy, 2018 is the year of the baby :)

Meep - I second what the other girls have said, 6 months unless your cycle isn't regular, then go in sooner :)

Congratulations Sasha! That is so very exciting for you what an amazing Christmas present!
Welcome Dream
Abe have you done another test or you holing on until AF is late? Fingers crossed for you xx
Starry I am sure we all understand that feeling and please remember you are entitled to feel how you do! I am crossing my fingers for your third cycle!
Hope everyone else is doing well?
I am in the tww now and its driving me crazy already!! Luckily I heard from the hospital today and if this cycle isn't successful I have an appointment to go in and discuss our next step on the 18th May so only a month to wait! :happydance:

Hopeful- won't be testing again until next week. Promised DH. The test date the clinic gave us was April 26 and yes fairly adamant about waiting until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->