Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Thank you Fluffy and Steph!

Welcome Dream!!

@ Meep - fingers crossed cycle 3 is our cycle! Are you're cycle regular? Mine vary between 32-36 days, so it's quite easy to get my hopes up thinking I'm late.

Everything crossed! I'm pretty regular, I went off the pill almost 2 years ago now and my cycles have been 27-29 days for the last year.

Everything crossed! I'm pretty regular, I went off the pill almost 2 years ago now and my cycles have been 27-29 days for the last year.

Do you remember how long it took your cycles to become regular after coming off the pill? My gyn said within 6 months normally, but I'm still holding on to the hope that my cycles might shorten/become more regular even though it's been 5 months now for me ^^"

Cookie, if it helps it took me a good year to get normal cycles back, but I had been on the pill for 10 years before that so I think that's why it took longer.

Hi ladies,
I am new to this forum, so hope I'm posting in the right thread. I am almost 32 and DH is 37. DH and I have been TTC#1 for 8 cycles with no luck. I really hope to get BFP soon. Good luck to you all!

Do you remember how long it took your cycles to become regular after coming off the pill? My gyn said within 6 months normally, but I'm still holding on to the hope that my cycles might shorten/become more regular even though it's been 5 months now for me ^^"

I took me 6 months to get my period at all after coming off the pill, and then cycles were totally wacky for another 7 months!

Welcome tablefortwo! Hopefully you'll get your BFP very soon :) Have you seen a fertility doctor or anything?

Welcome tablefortwo! Hopefully you'll get your BFP very soon :) Have you seen a fertility doctor or anything?

Thanks Steph. I have been to my gyno and did hormones blood test. she really wanted me to try on my own for a full year before doing any tests. DH did semen analysis. that's all we have done. Everything came back great, so not sure what should be our next step. If no BFP by September definitely going to see a fertility doc.
How long have you been TTC?

Well it's good that what you have had tested has been fine. Do you know that you ovulate? We've been trying for almost a year now, I had no periods six's coming off the pill and was diagnosed with PCOS in January. We've done semen analysis and HSG which were fine so this cycle I took Clomid CD 2-6. Currently on CD 23 and get my blood test results tomorrow to see if I ovulated, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

Steph, I went back few pages and read your story and all I have to say I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you this round of Clomid. I am not very aware of PCOS and what struggles it might bring but I hope you will get your BFP very soon, I hope all of us do.
I do ovulation tests every cycle and looks like I am ovulating but I've never confirmed with my doc. I honestly never thought this would be this hard. I am very regular in my cycle, no issues that I know of and it is frustrating not knowing why it is not working.
So sorry to vent, but I am very happy to be able to talk to people in the same boat.

@tablefortwo
welcome! and feel free to vent, it helps to just let it out sometimes and we all understand your frustration!

@Sheece and Meep
thank you, maybe there is hope for my cycles getting shorter yet!

Welcome tablefortwo :)

Cookie - there's definitely hope!

AFM - my cycle is long again this time wah. But if tomorrows temp is up, FF gives me crosshairs, so please please please be up. I'm sick of waiting for ovulation! And I will be able to plan out when I'm starting the IUI cycle too.

limbo land is no fun, can't wait to be out of it!

Waiting for ovulation has always been WAY harder for me, I get it!! :| Especially when you don't know when (or if...) it's going to happen. At least with the TWW, you know pretty exactly how long it's going to be. In my case, waiting for ovulation is also usually twice as long, so XD

Got my blood test results today- didn't O with the Clomid. Rubbish start to the weekend.

Sorry Steph, have they said anything about if they're going to up your dosage?

AF is here. Looks like I'm definitely joining the 2018 babies (hopefully). At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we just can't have kids. Sorry, just really down today. We've officially hit 2 years TTC.

Oh Abe :( really sorry to hear that, had everything crossed for you. And it will happen, I'm sure it will for all of us, we just unfortunately seem to have to go through this horrible rollercoaster first.

The consultant will get in touch on Monday to let me know if I need to up the dosage, or stay at 50mg, and to prescribe more Norethisterine. Already dreading all the cycles to come. Both those tablets made me feel horrible.

Fluffycookie, Sheece Thank you ladies!

So sorry Steph, do you think you will be doing Clomid next cycle?

This might be a stupid question but how do you ladies confirm if you ovulated or not other than blood tests? I've been doing ovulation tests for 8 months and every month I get positive on 13 CD but I have no clue if anything happens at all.

You can confirm via BBT temping :) your temps go up for about 12-16 days post ovulation (otherwise known as a literal phase or LP) Fertility Friend is a great app to use for it. Just need to pick up a thermometer that can read to the second decimal place. If you click on the chart in my sig you can have a look and see what a typical chart would look like :)

I should be doing Clomid again, either same dosage or higher

I'm surprised they didn't have you on a monitored cycle Steph, especially knowing you haven't Oed since coming off of BCP. Maybe look into it for next cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->