Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

@Meep
sorry to hear that :(

@Hopeful
haha, men, right? I'm glad you and hubby had a chance to talk things out :) With my irregular cycles, we just have a "every 2nd day" system now, it's working pretty well for us so far. Maybe just tell him "next week is a good week" or something?

Haha men are so delicate sometimes :p Lucky they have us strong women to worry about the things that actually have to happen :haha:

My temp went up a bit more today, yay. My LP is looking pretty good! Boobs still arent sore though! Usually they are sore from 3dpo. Hoping thats a good sign.

Hi Everyone:flower:
So I have a slightly off topic question for everyone. One of my best friends has also been trying to have a baby for a few years and has just been though IVF sadly it was a failed IVF. We just found out yesterday that another girl we know is pregnant and fell pregnant the same week my friend had her insemination. My friend is very upset and I obvious see why (this other girl already has 2 of her own children and one step child making my friend even more bitter) any way this all got me thinking yesterday if and when it does happen for me if it was before her how would I break the news to her? She always says she will be so happy and excited etc for me, and I am sure she would, but I also know the devastation you feel for yourself when its not you. I am wondering what is the kindest way to tell other people you are pregnant? I would want to scream it from the rooftops but as I have been in the position of wanting to cry but having to smile when others have told me in person I feel I would possibly tell her via text or phone, but then is that rude as she is such a close friend? I just personally prefer a little privacy to react alone before I can get my emotions in order and then be really happy for the people when I see them but I could be wrong? What are your opinions? XX

Hopeful that is such a tough one. I feel like if it finally happens for me, I'll keep it fairly quiet until it becomes glaringly obvious because I'd be so terrified that something could still go wrong. Also, none of my friends are in a position to want to TTC yet anyway so I wouldn't have to worry about upsetting anyone.

Like you, I prefer to be able to react however I want without the pressure of having to put on a face in front of other people. DH's friend recently announced (by text) that his girlfriend of a few months was pregnant and I just went into the bedroom and sobbed.

I'm really struggling to work out what's best in this situation. I think as she is one of your best friends, telling her in person would be favourable. As long as long it was in the privacy of one of your homes and she (and probably you too!) could cry and do whatever they wanted to. I feel as though if it were to be done by text she would immediately know that you felt apprehensive about saying it, and then probably feel guilty that you feel that way.

I know that was really rambly, I keep coming up with different answers and then deleting them! Looking forward to reading what others have to say! x

@Hopeful
I think it's really nice that you're giving it this much thought :) Have you considered simply asking your friend how she would best like to be told? That way you can know *before* you are pregnant and she can let you know what would be best for her. To make it fair, you could both talk about how you should tell the other one when one of you is pregnant. Even if she doesn't know what way would make it easiest for her to hear, at least by asking her, you are showing that you care about her and don't want to upset her, I think :)

Okay, I definitely agree with Fluffy after reading her post!

Hopeful, I've been on the other side of this recently actually. My ex SIL, (still a close friend) is pregnant with her 2nd and I was the last to find out because she was worried about telling me. Ended up telling me over email last minute before she told her work.

It actually ended up hurting my feelings more that she felt she had to hide it. But everyone is different. My only tip would be to make sure they don't feel like they are the last to find out!

Thanks Steph, Fluffy & Sheece. I think thats a good idea Fluffy I will speak to her tomorrow when I see her. I defiantly wont be able to wait long to tell her, and I know what you mean Sheece as much as it hurts I love hearing people are pregnant but I like to hear it in privacy tbh. I love the big reveal and the happy faces etc but recently for me I am having to put a lot of that on until latter when I have pulled myself together then it is really real and I am happy and excited for the parents to be:flower:
I was having a little think about it wall while waiting at the dentist (horrible wait!) and I currently know 7 pregnant people! How is that possible is there something in the water? If so please can I have some!! :haha:
Have a lovely weekend ladies xx

Umm guys...

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/shellet83/20170520_080858_zpsacsulwz8.jpg

😲 10dpo. Conceived on cd51 last cycle before iui im in shock

Heres another one - so hard to get on camera but its pink and darker in real life

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/shellet83/20170520_080934_zpsuueqj41x.jpg~original

Thanks Abe! im in shock and im scared but excited! Just waiting on the clinic to call back to get monitoring under way

Oh my goodness Sheece, can't wait to see that just get darker and darker! Have you heard from the clinic yet? Keep us updated! I am so excited for you, sending so many positive vibes to the other side of the world! <3

OMG Sheece!!! I'm beyond excited for you!!! ^.^ Please keep us updated! I'm so happy that someone else with long cycles conceived, you give me hope! :hugs:

Thanks ladies!!! Test is even darker today and I got a positive digi too!
Going in for blood test tomorrow. We are doing pregnancy monitoring so ill be doing 2 blood tests a week and an early ultrasound at 7 weeks.

I wont post too much about it in here ill stick to my journal but yes fluffy theres hope for long cycles yet! I had given up then bam.

Wishing you all the best for a safe and healthy pregnancy Sheece ^^

Meanwhile, I'm on CD 25 and still no sign of ovulation *sigh* I don't know why I keep hoping every cycle that it might be shorter than 6 weeks. Hopefully it will at least come soon and this won't be another 55 day cycle :S

Does anyone else pass the time by watching pregnancy anouncement videos and fantasises about how they'd tell their parents (grandparents to be) and other family or friends? ^^" I've been on a bit of a youtube binge with those videos.

I feel your pain Fluffy. I'm on CD16 of a 100mg Clomid cycle and likewise, no signs. When have you O'd on previous cycles?

Personally, I can't watch videos like that, I'm definitely not in a good head space at the moment and I just find them make me feel lower, but I do fantasise about telling people! I was so hoping that this cycle would work for us and then a 12 week announcement would coincide with DH and his twin's birthday celebrations!

@steph
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe around day 28/29, usually my cycles are 40 days long - not sure if/when in the crazy long (55 days) cycle though. I'm absolutely useless at interpreting cervical mucus though, so I have this fear that maybe I'm not actually ovulating :( Won't know until I can finally be seen by my doctor at the end of July though... Crossing my fingers that we both ovulate soon!!

My Ovulation Chart

I totally understand that watching those videos could also be something you totally don't want to do - sometimes I don't want to either. I go between trying to distract myself best I can and obsessing about possible due dates, when and how I would tell people, if I could wear a funny Halloween/Christmas pregnancy outfit... XD The silliest things!

I do that Fluffy!!! I am obsessed! I watch them till I make myself cry sometimes, (not healthy at all) there is a show on TV called one born every minute and its reality tv people in hospital having there babys and obviously they tell you a bit about themselves etc, I CANT watch that! I still do put it on sometimes but my hubby has to be like the police if he walks in and sees or hears me watching it and makes me change Chanel! I am in tears about 3 mins into that every time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->