Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Hopeful no way can I ever watch One Born! Plus to make sure DH stays attracted to me, I'm not sure childbirth is something he needs to see until I'm going through it 😂

I used to love watching those shows! One Born Every Minute, Call The Midwives... you name it. Since we started TTC however, I've stopped watching them X) I still like to watch shows about toddlers though, like The Secret life of 4, 5 and 6 Year Olds :3
Hubby is like yours though steph, never wanted to see anything about childbirth, haha!

Hi ladies!

Please can I join? I'm 32 (33 on Friday 😫) and DH is 29 (30 in August) and we are TTC #1

Just waiting for ovulation on cycle 4, I am doing OPKs and have O'd on CD15 the left 3 months and am currently on CD12

I have slightly irregular but short cycles (anywhere between 23-29 days) but the last 3 have been steady at 27-26-26 days so hopefully they'll stay regular

I'm a terrible worrier and have totally convinced myself something is wrong as my sister conceived 1st month

Hoping to find some other women in the same position as everyone I know either has a couple of kids already or doesn't want them 😊

Fluffy is there anywhere near you that can do cycle tracking? I did blood tests this cycle to see when i was ovulating, on CD51 though and I ovulated that day.

It might still take a while but maybe it will help to kind of feel more in control of the situation? They just measure eostrogen, progesterone & LH / fsh.

Welcome polkadotpixie :) Good luck! I feel your situation, everyone I know already has kids so you kind of feel like the odd one out at times.

Fluffy we love the Secret Life of programmes! Some of those kids are just utterly hilarious.

Welcome Polkadot, you'll be in good hands here! It's only natural to worry, but it's very good that you know you have been O'ing, definitely couldn't happen without that! ☺️

Haha thats a good point Steph!
Welcome Polkadot! Its so easy for others to say just relax it will happen, but I know what you mean I do get panicked every now and then like what if it doesn't happen. I find planning things that have nothing to do with baby making helps. I am going hiking in the grand canyon in Oct for charity (so out of my comfort zone) and so I now have loads of things to do, getting fitter and doing mini hikes, planning our actual big hike, and then organising fund raising events for Pancreatic Cancer. Its a great help and has so far stopped me going completely mad! Still have my moments! I was a little down this morning, we going on a family holiday in June and my sis text me about it this morning all excited about cocktails on the beach, I really thought I would be pregnant by this holiday and so was in my mind thinking about how I wouldn't be able to join in and have to have virgin cocktails... so silly as I now CAN enjoy a drink with everyone else but it has upset me today!

welcome polkadot :)
I'm a worrier myself so I totally get it! On average, most healthy women under 35 conceive within the first 6 months, so you're well within that timeframe still. That said, I've been worrying about something being wrong with my irregular cycles (40+ days) since before we even started TTC, so I fully understand your concern. We're trying for our first too!

@Sheece
My gynecologist said she would check it, but only after 6 cycles of not getting pregnant. With my irregular cycles, that means not until July (I first asked her in November...) :( I would love to feel more in control of the situation/know what is going on (hopefulyl everything is just fine!), but I'll have to wait another two months. Patience.... not my strong suit!

@steph
Aren't they? :D Now that we live in Germany I can't watch those programmes anymore, but I adored them.

@Hopeful
It's great that you have plans and goals beside TTC, I think that's so important! I've been struggling with that myself. I find it easy to do small, short-term things to distract myself but whenever I think about planning anything further away, it feels like actually planning it would be like admitting that I might still not be pregnant by then ._. How do you manage that, do you have any positive mindset tips for long term planning?

Hi all, can I join please?

We are now officially ttc :) I had my iud removed this evening - it was no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be. My period is due in the next week so will be taking opks in a few weeks. Good luck all xx

Sorry just realised this is a trying for number 1 thread - sorry for jumping in!!

Fluffy, thats so annoying :( I'd be tempted to go elsewhere but for all you know they would say the same thing I guess :/

Good luck to you Sarah!

@Sheece
This is me having gone elsewhere, the first doctor said she would not do a chekup until I had been trying for a full year since I'm under 35 *sigh* because irregular long cycles "can be fine"

@Sarah
Hello again :D Glad to hear you're in TTC now, wishing you best of luck!!

Fluffy I know what you mean! Basically what I am doing this year is not saying no to things! I found I was planning things thinking well I cant commit to that as if I am pregnant I cant do this or that, what I realised is if and when it happens all the things I have planned I can either do pregnant, or cancel and tbh I will be so happy to be having a baby it wont upset me to not do what was planned. By not planning I start thinking oh I could have done that as look still no baby! That was getting me really down. The Hike in Oct is the biggest thing and before I committed 100% I spoke to the charity and asked if I could do it pregnant (obviously all being well and depending how I feel etc) they were happy with that and if I have to pull out my Bro will take my place as long as its 10 weeks before we fly. If its after then and I am pregnant and not able to go all the money we have raised still goes to the charity I just don't get to do the hike and loose the money I have paid for it, I would be fine with that as if I can have a baby that's worth giving up on any trip in my book!
I try to remember life is short so for now until that amazing day I get to be someones Mommy I am trying to just be me and do things that make me smile. :happydance:

That's a really nice way of looking at things Hopeful. I was convinced I would be pregnant by Christmas at the latest after telling myself 6 months must be about average.

Welcome Sarah and Polkadot!

I am now on cycle 4 TTC as well, trying out the Wondfo strips starting day 10 and lining them up in what DH calls my "pee notebook." At least I get to geek out with organization and tracking.

Fluffy, its so frustrating when doctors dont understand long cycles. I have everything crossed your doc now will be on top of it the next time you see her!

@Sheece
Thank you, I really hope she will do some proper testing then after making me wait so long, and that I can finally find out what is causing the long cycles... and that it's either not a fertility problem or easily fixable!

@Hopeful
You are so right! I will try and see things this way too :) I still find it hard to make plans, but I have just said yes to a job promotion now because it's a great opportunity and if I get pregnant soon, they will just have to deal with it!

AFM - On CD 28 today and I was really thinking I might ahve ovulated a little earlier (CD 25) this cycle, but my temps have not gone up :'( I can't deal with another 55 day cycle...

My Ovulation Chart

Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

I'm on CD15 today which is when I normally ovulate but my OPKs are still negative which is worrying me because the last thing I need is to not ovulate this month as it will really set my anxiety off

I usually have a 26/27 day cycle so I doubt I can ovulate much later than this. My luteal phase is normally 11 days so hopefully I will get my positive later tonight or tomorrow...its my birthday tomorrow and it will will be ruined if I'm worrying about not ovulating. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Hey ladies! I'm back!

Just getting caught up...

@ Sheece - Yay for your numbers! 30 hours is a great doubling time (saw it on your journal)

@Cookie - I'm hoping you've O'ed dear. Those long cycles are a killer.

Welcome Polkadot and Sarah! I hope your stay on this forum is short :)

AFM - AF has come and gone. We sit down with our RE next Thursday and then provided AF is on time, our FET cycle will start June 17 with suppressants. Here's hoping I get a bit of your luck, Sheece!

June 17 will be here before you know it Abe! I have everything crossed for you :D

@pokadot
Fingers crossed for you!

AFM - So with today's temperature, I've either been sleeping with an open mouth for four days or I haven't ovulated ._. I kind of wanted to cry when I got the temperature this morning. CD 29 now... I don't want another 55 day cycle. I feel like I should keep temping in case it might still happen but I'm about ready to give up for this cycle. At this rate, it doesn't look like I have any hope before I can finally see my doctor at the end of July ._.

Experienced chart readers, there's no way I did maybemaybe still ovulate on CD 24/25 and slept with an open mouth or sth, is there? Honest answers please, no sugar coating.

My Ovulation Chart

Sorry cookie, it doesn't look like it.

Have you tried temping vaginally? I find it helps with winky temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->