• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think the terms "barbaric," "gross," and "wrong" are sweeping judgments?

i agree that they are awfully put and i wouldn't use words like this to put my opinions across because i believe it's a personal choice but yes i do feel that those were badly chosen words to use x

I agree we were having an adult conversation there is no need to turn it into an argument
xx

So for those who say that they're going to leave their baby "the way nature intended to," that means you won't do any shots against things like polio and tuberculosis then, right? And you won't give any antibiotics when they get sick, yes? Because... you know... NATURE didn't intend any medical interventions. And you won't cut their nails or hair either... NATURE.

NONE of which involve cutting off ANY part of the body!! :dohh:

there's a differance between getting shots and circumcision its a crazy comparrison.

i wouldnt get my son done unless medically needed, the foreskin is there for a reason to protect the head of the penis and stop infectons when a baby such as fecal matter getting into the urinary tract and as the baby gets older the foreskin retracts back on its own completely natuarally.
no lack of foreskin is going to stop aids and other sti's out there, a condom will that is fact (apart from crabs).
the reason daddy and son will look the same, bizzare comparison does that mean you'd get a boob job for your daughter so you look the same too.

as for being cleaner i just dont get that statement does this mean boys circumcised dont wash :shock:

so having taken both sides opinions the decision was made really without talking about it, but i totally respect others decisions to perform it on their son as i have friends who have done it and i respect that.

Nevermind. My point was not to compare them. I said it like three times already. I was saying "NATURE INTENDED" is not an adequate argument for doing or not doing something with your child's body.

i dont understand why people choose to have it done just so their son would look the same as their dad...are you gonna go around naked showing everyone you're identical? My OH is circumsized (due to health reasons when he was born) and when i asked him his view on it he was a bit concerned as to why people would care what their child's penis looked like? i'm not trying to start a debate on it but really can't understand any situation where they would need to show people they are the same or where (apart from religiously) the father would care if his son's penis looked the same as his...

Found this.The foreskin does actually play a part

The foreskin has numerous protective, sensory, and sexual functions.

Protection: Just as the eyelids protect the eyes, the foreskin protects the glans and keeps its surface soft, moist, and sensitive. It also maintains optimal warmth, pH balance, and cleanliness. The glans itself contains no sebaceous glands-glands that produce the sebum, or oil, that moisturizes our skin.11 The foreskin produces the sebum that maintains proper health of the surface of the glans.

Immunological Defense: The mucous membranes that line all body orifices are the body's first line of immunological defense. Glands in the foreskin produce antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as lysozyme.12 Lysozyme is also found in tears and mother's milk. Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, an immune system component, abound in the foreskin's outer surface.13 Plasma cells in the foreskin's mucosal lining secrete immunoglobulins, antibodies that defend against infection.14

Nevermind. My point was not to compare them. I said it like three times already. I was saying "NATURE INTENDED" is not an adequate argument for doing or not doing something with your child's body.

But the debate is about circumcision, and that people had mentioned that leaving the foreskin is being as nature intended, so mentioneing those other things you were using them as a comparrison?? If not, how was mentioning them even relevant?

I respect everyone decision as I think to each their own. We will have it done if we have a little boy. I was always told it can reduce the risk of certain STD's, cancer's and infections. Again everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Ok, just so I'm clear on this - circumcision, breast vs bottle feeding, vaccinations, ear piercing... AOB mentioned a top 5 of most heated threads - I've missed one!

And I'm not sure about ear piercing - thought that one had gone quite well......

Weaning :thumbup:

xxx

wow! will have to keep an eye out for that one....:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member