Clothes as presents - is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have set rules really. If I like it and think they will like it, whether its a top or a toy, then I will get it and its a present :)

I buy clothes and pyjamas for christmas. Not loads or anything x

My mum takes Kay shopping every year for her birthday (after Christmas) and she gets clothes, boots, etc... and for Christmas mum usually gets them their snow suits or winter boots etc... She doesn't get them toys as we buy them for them. One can only have so many toys before it ends up a waste. ;) I don't have loads of space anyways and prefer clothes, and my kids LOVE getting clothes!

I buy clothes as gifts, usually something special that they wouldn't normally get like a fun pair of shoes, character stuff, etc. And they always get clothes from family. My girls are grateful for what they get and end up liking a lot of it, even if the initial reaction is to get more excited about the toys. Right now DD is obsessed with getting a particular My Little Pony hoodie and it's expensive (at least in my opinion for a hoodie) so I'm planning on splurging on it at Christmas.

Growing up we always got clothes at birthday and Christmas. To be honest I loved it because it was new and bought specifically for me whereas most of my clothes were hand me downs that came from older cousins.

I don't tend to buy them for other kids unless that's what the parent asks for but mainly that's because I'm afraid I'll get the wrong size.

I wrap pjs, pants, socks, some pieces of character clothing but I don't buy loads cause I'd rather wait until boxing day sales!
Jacob is always polite and says 'wow thankyou' but I wouldn't expect him to turn cartwheels over three pairs of jeans.

although actuallty, he is in love with red trousers..

Lots of opinions here, very interesting.

Ds is alway polite when he receives a gift. He's never disappointed with anything!

I think as a boy though, well certainly in his case, he has zero interest in clothes. I could dress him in anything and he wouldn't complain!

I put PJs in their Christmas eve bag which they usually love as they're Christmas themed. I buy them both a Christmas outfit but I've never wrapped them. My Mum also buys them an outfit but again, doesn't wrap it she'll give it me before hand.

I've always bought a few outfits/PJs to be included with their gifts. Usually characters they love, or just something extremely cute. I don't go overboard with it, as I realize toys are more exciting for them at this age, but they do like the clothes they get too. Well, DS2 was too small last Christmas to know if he actually liked them, but he enjoyed opening them, lol. DS1 tells me when he likes his shirts, etc. He'll shout out , yes, a ninja turtles shirt, that's so cool! for example. So, yes, he does appreciate them, even though they clearly are not as fun as the toys, which get more attention.

We wrap up their Xmas day outfit and that's it :thumbup:

OH family do clothes for birthdays (and he has alot of family) so I end up with a whole new wardrobe of clothes for him and I am so so thankful as would be very expensive for me to buy all that clothes at once.
Xmas is all about the toys although my daughter doesn't need ANY toys and I will ask people not to get her (not that they will listen) all of lucas toys are things she will like and I will get her some nice toys so of all the family yet her aswell there was just be far to much for our 2 bed flat. I hope they get her clothes!!!

I don't buy clothes for presents no. The kids just don't get excited about clothes, and to be honest, Jason and Nathan get hand-me-down clothes anyway most of the time. I see no point buying brand new clothes just for the sake of it.

I see no problem with clothes as gifts I was brought up to appreciate whatever I was given.

Ill buy clothes as gifts and see no problem with it. If I buy clothes as gifts they're usually character ones or good quality. I used to quite like getting clothes for presents when I was younger x

We gave Eleanor clothes for Christmas ... or rather, we had them hung up on the other side of the room and she ran to them really excited that 'Father Christmas' had brought her clothes. We decided not to correct her.

I don't buy clothes as present for xmas, don't see the point in it. Like others, clothes are an everyday purchase ( and expensive) so I don't buy for christmas. It's hardly exciting for them lol.

I don't buy clothes but it wouldn't bother me if someone else bought clothes for them.

I like family to buy LO clothes cos it saves me buying them and I prefer to choose his toys cos that's more fun. But it would be nice if they sometimes picked nicer clothes. Not that I'm fussy or anything LOL

My mum normally does DD a box of clothes (plus so much more) so yes she does get clothes.

I don't do clothes but I do do things like character pjs, slippers, t shirts etc.

https://www.character.com have some great bargain PJs. Delivery is a bit pricey but depends on how much you're looking to spend. I will have two DDs by Christmas :-D

I have ordered the boys some clothes to wear at christmas from H&M but they are not for christmas, I am getting my eldest Jacob a Minecraft T-shirt and Hoodie as a part of a christmas present (some Minecraft figures) and I have got them some sets of pyjamas with characters on as presents too for both boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"