December 2013, anyone? :)

Congrats, Onions!! I don't know if you saw my post about cinnamon, but I recently read an article that talked about how helpful it can be in women with PCOS or insulin resistance when comes to conceiving. Good luck!! :D

Hello everyone :)
Can i join you?
I am 22, my OH is 26, we have a beautiful little girl who will be 2 next month and we are hoping to start trying in December :D My OH would be more than happy to try now but i have a few things i want out of the way before we have another baby so that's why we're going with December (and as cheesy as it sounds, what more of a magical time than christmas to start trying)!! x

Welcome, butterfly!! You are more than welcome to join us! :flower:

Christmas is a prefect time to TTC! Everyone is happy and festive, love is in the air, and not to mention, chilly weather = baby making weather ;)

I completely agree Hollynesss! Christmas is my fave time of year too so it makes sense really :winkwink:

I am so glad i found this thread though, i am so broody it was getting to the point where i was thinking of just trying now :p Hopefully it will be easier knowing you ladies are wtt too :)

Im 26 (27 in jan) and OH is 33. We will start trying somewhere between christmas and new year, i don't want to be off nice food and alcohol at christmas and also dont want to tell anyone (even family) until 12 weeks so not going to try before xmas - think it would be a rubbihs time to be newly preg., our general situation means may 2014 would have been the earliest we could have a baby anyway so hoping for a sept14 baby (i know the chance of concieving in the fist month is small but you never know!). We have planned when we start because we would like a sep-nov baby (old in the school year) but i dont think il be stopping once we start! i'd rather not have a dec/jan baby or a july baby but i'll get what im given!

it feels like a long way away but its 196 days to christmas (i have a count down on my iphone but people will think im just excited for xmas!) - its taken a long time to get a date out of my hubby but now i have something to aim for and it will be here in no time.

i plan to spend the next 6 months doing things i wont be able to do with baby (or preg) - because of life or money - i dont drink alot but making sure we go out for drinks or diner, do things sponantiously, buy nice clothes,spend quality time together, lie in, i've got to a healthy weight ready, budget planning - paying off debts. I'm trying to see this as 'nesting' time - the preperation phase... some how things can be more enjoyable thinking 'i wont be able to do this'

I can't wait to TTC with the christmas lights on either will def help get us in the mood :haha:

i think christmas time is so romantic :blush:

My OH still isn't talking about it though, i'm starting my prenatal's when theres exactly 6months to go & i hope he will start making a couple of changes to get his body ready with me - just eating a bit healthier & perhaps male vitamins.

Anyone elses OH's doing anything to prepare their bodies?

i think for most OH's expecting them to do something 6 months in advance is a bit much...i've jsut bought a pre-pregnancy book for my kindle...but i wont be telling OH!

I think christmas is romantic too, LovemyBub. I guess it all depends on when i finish my pill but dont know whether to start trying at the start of December or the end... I quite like the idea of starting on the first though :) I dont think my OH will be doing anything to prepare his body, he quit smoking 3 months ago though so that's good enough for me :)

I've not had time to read the whole thread yet, do any of you already have a child? I have a little girl who is nearly 2. I am a bit concerned how much harder another baby will be but my DD would've just started nursery so hopefully that'll make it a bit easier!

Oh you ladies speak my language so much!!! <3

Welcome, SpicyOrange! :flower:

I am so broody that I have to physically stop myself from talking babies with other people, lest they think I'm crazy! I am addicted to this site, but I don't let DH see me on it because he already thinks I should be thinking in the present rather than getting anxious about TTC! I think its a guy thing, he doesn't want to talk about it until its right upon us. As for his body, he is a smoker (sigh...), and recently got a prescription for a medication that is supposed to aid in quitting, so that is a HUGE step right there in the right direction.

SpicyOrange, I have been reading pre-pregnancy books and charting for about 6 months now, lol! My favorite book by far is "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" by Jean M Twenge. It is simply wonderful, comically written, and it tells you what to do and what not to do from a medical standpoint without too much medical jargon. Love it!

This will be my first LO, and I'm SO excited!! I have to fight the urge to buy baby stuff (this would definitely freak out DH!)

My OH smoked throughout my first pregnancy (not around me though) and i hated it. He really struggled to give up and the first few weeks of him quitting was awful but he has (hopefully) well and truly kicked the habit now!
I am a little bit baby obsessed(sp?) at the moment... i spent an hour earlier looking at pictures of baby bumps on the 2nd tri thread :blush: i just want to be pregnant now! I am hoping this thread helps me relax a bit on that front! My OH is actually more excited than me so i'm pleased i'm not the only baby crazy one lol!

Im 26 (27 in jan) and OH is 33. We will start trying somewhere between christmas and new year, i don't want to be off nice food and alcohol at christmas and also dont want to tell anyone (even family) until 12 weeks so not going to try before xmas - think it would be a rubbihs time to be newly preg., our general situation means may 2014 would have been the earliest we could have a baby anyway so hoping for a sept14 baby (i know the chance of concieving in the fist month is small but you never know!). We have planned when we start because we would like a sep-nov baby (old in the school year) but i dont think il be stopping once we start! i'd rather not have a dec/jan baby or a july baby but i'll get what im given!

it feels like a long way away but its 196 days to christmas (i have a count down on my iphone but people will think im just excited for xmas!) - its taken a long time to get a date out of my hubby but now i have something to aim for and it will be here in no time.

i plan to spend the next 6 months doing things i wont be able to do with baby (or preg) - because of life or money - i dont drink alot but making sure we go out for drinks or diner, do things sponantiously, buy nice clothes,spend quality time together, lie in, i've got to a healthy weight ready, budget planning - paying off debts. I'm trying to see this as 'nesting' time - the preperation phase... some how things can be more enjoyable thinking 'i wont be able to do this'

Spicyorange so glad you posted on my WTT journal - we have oodles in common! In fact everything you've just said I could have written myself! We are going to be SO prepared by the time Dec/Jan comes!:happydance:

Oh you ladies speak my language so much!!! <3

Welcome, SpicyOrange! :flower:

I am so broody that I have to physically stop myself from talking babies with other people, lest they think I'm crazy! I am addicted to this site, but I don't let DH see me on it because he already thinks I should be thinking in the present rather than getting anxious about TTC! I think its a guy thing, he doesn't want to talk about it until its right upon us. As for his body, he is a smoker (sigh...), and recently got a prescription for a medication that is supposed to aid in quitting, so that is a HUGE step right there in the right direction.

SpicyOrange, I have been reading pre-pregnancy books and charting for about 6 months now, lol! My favorite book by far is "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" by Jean M Twenge. It is simply wonderful, comically written, and it tells you what to do and what not to do from a medical standpoint without too much medical jargon. Love it!

This will be my first LO, and I'm SO excited!! I have to fight the urge to buy baby stuff (this would definitely freak out DH!)

Oooh this is the second time someones mentioned the impatient womens guide to getting pregnant. I have loads of pregnancy books but not many preconception books - is it worth buying? I've found it on Amazon and contemplating it. Reading What to Expect before you're Expecting at the mo, its okay but a lot of parts dont really apply xx

I think christmas is romantic too, LovemyBub. I guess it all depends on when i finish my pill but dont know whether to start trying at the start of December or the end... I quite like the idea of starting on the first though :) I dont think my OH will be doing anything to prepare his body, he quit smoking 3 months ago though so that's good enough for me :)

I've not had time to read the whole thread yet, do any of you already have a child? I have a little girl who is nearly 2. I am a bit concerned how much harder another baby will be but my DD would've just started nursery so hopefully that'll make it a bit easier!

I am also 22 & i have a 3 year old daughter who will be starting nursery in september :flower:
Part of me is scared about having a baby again & how my daughter will feel about it all but i think being at nursery with her friends will help & just need to make sure we have plenty of 1-1 time.

We have planned to start TTC christmas eve, but i'm hoping we will actually try a bit sooner :winkwink:

It's great that the OH's are making some progress.

I don't think my OH will start at the same time as me but hoping when he sees me making changes & starting to get more serious about preparing he might think about it :shrug:

So I was watching OBEM last night n DH came into the room, and I asked him did he regret not being in the room when Amaya was born, he said not really so I asked would he want to be there if we had another one and he said no babies just yet lol....believe me thats a good thing as until now he was adamant never again.... I reckon if I keep chipping away he'll be on board for Dec :)

So I was watching OBEM last night n DH came into the room, and I asked him did he regret not being in the room when Amaya was born, he said not really so I asked would he want to be there if we had another one and he said no babies just yet lol....believe me thats a good thing as until now he was adamant never again.... I reckon if I keep chipping away he'll be on board for Dec :)

That sounds positive!! My DH isnt overly keen on being in the room when I give birth either... am hoping he will change his mind!

I am also 22 & i have a 3 year old daughter who will be starting nursery in september :flower:
Part of me is scared about having a baby again & how my daughter will feel about it all but i think being at nursery with her friends will help & just need to make sure we have plenty of 1-1 time.

We have planned to start TTC christmas eve, but i'm hoping we will actually try a bit sooner :winkwink:

I don't think my OH will start at the same time as me but hoping when he sees me making changes & starting to get more serious about preparing he might think about it :shrug:

I've never really thought of men preparing themselves, i think it's something i will suggest to my OH nearer the time. If not, i'll just start feeding him healthuer stuff, i cook so i decide what we it :winkwink:
I forgot we are going to stay with MIL at the start of december so will start trying after that i imagine. Nothing says turn off like your MIL sleeping in the next room :wacko: How do you think your daughter will be with a new baby?

That sounds positive!! My DH isnt overly keen on being in the room when I give birth either... am hoping he will change his mind!

Well tbh I didn't want him there either cos he would have been a mess, he doesn't cope well with ppl even being ill let alone childbirth. I had my Mam and she was amazing, there is no way I could have done it without her. DH and my Dad were outside and came in straight after, so him not being there worked for us. No2 may be different but we'll see when the time comes :)

Oooh this is the second time someones mentioned the impatient womens guide to getting pregnant. I have loads of pregnancy books but not many preconception books - is it worth buying? I've found it on Amazon and contemplating it. Reading What to Expect before you're Expecting at the mo, its okay but a lot of parts dont really apply xx

It is absolutely worth buying!! I downloaded the Kindle version and it was less than $10. I am also reading "What to Expect Before You're Expecting" and I'm not all that impressed. It tells you all of the common knowledge stuff and it tends to ramble on. The Impatient Woman's Guide, however, is on point and tells you a lot of knew information. Definitely worth it!

I've never really thought of men preparing themselves, i think it's something i will suggest to my OH nearer the time. If not, i'll just start feeding him healthuer stuff, i cook so i decide what we it :winkwink:
I forgot we are going to stay with MIL at the start of december so will start trying after that i imagine. Nothing says turn off like your MIL sleeping in the next room :wacko: How do you think your daughter will be with a new baby?

:haha: i can imagine having MIL near by would be a bit off putting

My daughter is caring & likes to help out & she likes having a quick peek at babies in their prams, so i think she will love having a big sister role & i think she will enjoy helping with choosing clothes/bathing etc.

What do you think your daughter will be like?

so far i've found it very medical stuff, beware of plasitc, dont use chinease medicine, but iv only read the first chapter...im not yet sure what i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->